- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 241027, 10 pages
Moxibustion for the Correction of Nonvertex Presentation: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
1Department of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, College of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine, Harbin 150040, China
2The Second Affiliated Hospital, Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine, Harbin 150040, China
3College of Basic Medical Sciences, Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine, Harbin 150040, China
Received 29 March 2013; Revised 18 June 2013; Accepted 31 July 2013
Academic Editor: Lixing Lao
Copyright © 2013 Qin-hong Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- World Health Organization Western Pacific Region, WHO International Standard Terminologies on Traditional Medicine in the Western Pacific Region, World Health Organization Western Pacific, Manila, Philippines, 2007.
- M. S. Lee, B.-C. Shin, J.-I. Kim, C.-H. Han, and E. Ernst, “Moxibustion for stroke rehabilitation: systematic review,” Stroke, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 817–820, 2010.
- M. S. Lee, T.-Y. Choi, J. W. Kang, B.-J. Lee, and E. Ernst, “Moxibustion for treating pain: a systematic review,” American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 829–838, 2010.
- M. S. Lee, T.-Y. Choi, J.-E. Park, S.-S. Lee, and E. Ernst, “Moxibustion for cancer care: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” BMC Cancer, vol. 10, article 130, 2010.
- D.-H. Lee, J.-I. Kim, M. S. Lee, T.-Y. Choi, S.-M. Choi, and E. Ernst, “Moxibustion for ulcerative colitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” BMC Gastroenterology, vol. 10, article 36, 2010.
- B. Kim, I. Jang, J. Yeo, et al., “Effect of choksamni moxibustion on blood pressure elevation in hypertensive patients: a randomized controlled trial,” Korean Oriental Medical Society, vol. 26, pp. 66–73, 2005.
- T. Y. Choi, J. Choi, and K. H. Kim, “Moxibustion for the treatment of osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Rheumatology International, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 2969–7869, 2012.
- M. S. Lee, T.-Y. Choi, J.-E. Park, and E. Ernst, “Effects of moxibustion for constipation treatment: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials,” Chinese Medicine, vol. 5, article 28, 2010.
- X. Cui, S.-M. Wang, and L.-Q. Wu, “Sixty-eight cases of child chronic cough treated by moxibustion,” Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 9–10, 2009.
- A. Manyande and C. Grabowska, “Factors affecting the success of moxibustion in the management of a breech presentation as a preliminary treatment to external cephalic version,” Midwifery, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 774–780, 2009.
- Cooperative Research Group of Moxibustion Version of Jangxi Province, “Studies of version by moxibustion on Zhiyin points,” in Research on Acupuncture, Moxibustion and Acupuncture Anesthesia, pp. 810–819, Science Press, Beijing, China, 1980.
- Cooperative Research Group of Moxibustion Version of Jangxi Province, “Further studies on the clinical effects and the mechanism of version by moxibustion,” in Abstracts of the Second National Symposium on Acupuncture, Moxibustion and Acupuncture Anesthesia, pp. 150–151, All China Society of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Beijing, China, 1984.
- F. Cardini, V. Basevi, A. Valentini, and A. Martellato, “Moxibustion and breech presentation: preliminary results,” American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 105–114, 1991.
- S. Budd, “Traditional Chinese medicine in obstetrics,” Midwives chronicle, vol. 105, no. 1253, pp. 140–143, 1992.
- J.-E. Park, J.-U. Sul, K. Kang, B.-C. Shin, K.-E. Hong, and S.-M. Choi, “The effectiveness of moxibustion for the treatment of functional constipation: a randomized, sham-controlled, patient blinded, pilot clinical trial,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 11, article 124, 2011.
- Y. K. Yang, M. Mao, Y. P. Hu et al., “Effect of moxibustion at zhiyin (BL67) to correct the fetus malposition: multi-center randomized controlled clinical study,” Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 1097–1110, 2007.
- F. Cardini and H. Weixin, “Moxibustion for correction of breech presentation: a randomized controlled trial,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 280, no. 18, pp. 1580–1584, 1998.
- F. Cardini, P. Lombardo, A. L. Regalia et al., “A randomised controlled trial of moxibustion for breech presentation,” An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 112, no. 6, pp. 743–747, 2005.
- C. K. Do, C. A. Smith, H. Dahlen, A. Bisits, and V. Schmied, “Moxibustion for cephalic version: a feasibility randomised controlled trial,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 11, article 81, 2011.
- M.-J. Guittier, M. Pichon, H. Dong, O. Irion, and M. Boulvain, “Moxibustion for breech version a randomized controlled trial,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 114, no. 5, pp. 1034–1040, 2009.
- J. Vas, J. M. Aranda-Regules, M. Modesto et al., “Using moxibustion in primary healthcare to correct non-vertex presentation: a multicentre randomised controlled trial,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 31–38, 2013.
- F. Q. Yang, “Comparison of knee-chest plus moxibustion on Zhiyin with knee-chest position for breech position,” Journal of Sichuan Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 106–107, 2006.
- X. Li, J. Hu, X. Wang, H. Zhang, and J. Liu, “Moxibustion and other acupuncture point stimulation methods to treat breech presentation: a systematic review of clinical trials,” Chinese Medicine, vol. 4, article 4, 2009.
- M.-L. Liu, L. Lan, Y. Tang, and F.-R. Liang, “Acupuncture and moxibustion for breech presentation: a systematic review,” Chinese Journal of Evidence-Based Medicine, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 840–843, 2009.
- J. Vas, J. M. Aranda, B. Nishishinya et al., “Correction of nonvertex presentation with moxibustion: a systematic review and metaanalysis,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 201, no. 3, pp. 241–259, 2009.
- M. E. Coyle, C. A. Smith, and B. Peat, “Cephalic version by moxibustion for breech presentation,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, vol. 18, no. 2, 2005.
- J. P. T. Higgins, D. G. Altman, and J. A. C. Sterne, “Assessing risk of bias in included studies,” in Cochrane Handbook For Systematic Reviews of Interventions, J. P. T. Higgins and S. Green, Eds., vol. 8, The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011.