- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 316250, 7 pages
Improving the Efficacy of Conventional Therapy by Adding Andrographolide Sulfonate in the Treatment of Severe Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease: A Randomized Controlled Trial
1You'an Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, Fengtai 100069, China
2China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100700, China
3Handan Maternal and Child Health Hospital, Handan, Hebei 056001, China
4The People's Hospital of Liuzhou, Liuzhou, Guangxi 545006, China
5Children's Hospital of Jiangxi Province, Nanchang, Jiangxi 330006, China
Received 15 October 2012; Accepted 20 December 2012
Academic Editor: Zhao Xiang Bian
Copyright © 2013 Xiuhui Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- World Health Organization Regional Office for the Western Pacific and the Regional Emerging Diseases Intervention (REDI) Centre, “A Guide to Clinical Management and Public Health Response for Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (HFMD),” 2011, http://www.wpro.who.int/publications/PUB_9789290615255/en/.
- C. S. Choi, Y. J. Choi, U. Y. Choi et al., “Clinical manifestations of CNS infections caused by enterovirus type 71,” Korean Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 11–16, 2011.
- M. Zeng, N. F. El Khatib, S. Tu, et al., “Seroepidemiology of Enterovirus 71 infection prior to the 2011 season in children in Shanghai,” Journal of Clinical Virology, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 285–289, 2012.
- M. H. Ooi, S. C. Wong, A. Mohan et al., “Identification and validation of clinical predictors for the risk of neurological involvement in children with hand, foot, and mouth disease in Sarawak,” BMC Infectious Diseases, vol. 9, article 3, 2009.
- M. H. Ooi, S. C. Wong, Y. Podin et al., “Human enterovirus 71 disease in Sarawak, Malaysia: a prospective clinical, virological, and molecular epidemiological study,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 646–656, 2007.
- M. Ho, E. R. Chen, K. H. Hsu, S. J. Twu, K. T. Chen, S. F. Tsai, et al., “An epidemic of enterovirus 71 infection in Taiwan,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 341, no. 13, pp. 929–935, 1999.
- C. Y. Chong, K. P. Chan, V. A. Shah et al., “Hand, foot and mouth disease in Singapore: a comparison of fatal and non-fatal cases,” Acta Paediatrica, International Journal of Paediatrics, vol. 92, no. 10, pp. 1163–1169, 2003.
- P. V. Tu, N. T. T. Thao, D. Perera et al., “Epidemiologic and virologic investigation of hand, foot, and mouth disease, southern Vietnam, 2005,” Emerging Infectious Diseases, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 1733–1741, 2007.
- C. C. Huang, C. C. Liu, Y. C. Chang, C. Y. Chen, S. T. Wang, and T. F. Yeh, “Neurologic complications in children with enterovirus 71 infection,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 341, no. 13, pp. 936–942, 1999.
- H. M. Chang, Pharmacology and Applications of Chinese Materia Medica, World Scientific Publishing Company, Singapore, 1986.
- The Ministry of Health of the People’s Republic of China, Guideline for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Hand Foot and Mouth Disease, Beijing, China, 2010.
- Y. C. Shen, C. F. Chen, and W. F. Chiou, “Andrographolide prevents oxygen radical production by human neutrophils: possible mechanism(s) involved in its anti-inflammatory effect,” British Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 399–406, 2002.
- C. Calabrese, S. H. Berman, J. G. Babish, X. Ma, L. Shinto, M. M. Dorr, et al., “A phase I trial of andrographolide in HIV positive patients and normal volunteers,” Phytotherapy Research, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 333–338, 2000.
- J. Sinha, S. Mukhopadhyay, N. Das, and M. K. Basu, “Targeting of liposomal andrographolide to L. donovani-infected macrophages in vivo,” Drug Delivery, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 209–213, 2000.
- J. Y. Cai and Z. Zhao, “Effect observation on Xiyanping in treating children with hand foot and mouth disease,” Medical Journal of Communications, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 440–441, 2010.
- Z. M. Chen, “Effect analysis on Xiyanping adjuvant therapy of hand foot and mouth disease,” Modern Medicine & Health, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 431–432, 2010.
- Y. Q. Lin, “Evaluation of clinical therapeutic effect of Xiyanping on oral ulcerations of hand, foot, and mouth disease in children,” Modern Hospital, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 51–52, 2008.
- B. R. Mao, J. Xin, S. X. Chen, L. Wang, H. Tian, and W. J. Li, “Observation on the curative effects of Xiyanping united with interferon to therapy the hand, foot, and mouth disease,” West China Medical Journal, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 1524–1525, 2009.
- H. Zhang, “Clinical observation on Xiyanping in treating children with hand foot and mouth disease,” Journal of Pediatric Pharmacy, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 61–62, 2010.
- J. W. Zhang and Y. C. Zhang, “Study on effect of Xiyanping combined with ribavirin for hand, foot, and mouth disease,” Medical & Pharmaceutical World, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 120–121, 2009.
- H. J. Cao, Z. L. Liu, P. Steinmann, Y. J. Mu, H. Luo, and J. P. Liu, “Chinese herbal medicines for treatment of hand, foot and mouth disease: a systematic review of randomized clinical trials,” European Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. e85–e111, 2012.
- J. F. Wang, Y. S. Guo, G. Christakos, et al., “Hand, foot and mouth disease: spatiotemporal transmission and climate,” International Journal of Health Geographics, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2011.
- B. Liu, T. Wen C, Yao et al., “The central randomization system in multi-center clinical trials,” Chinese Journal of New Drugs and Clinical Remedies, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 931–935, 2006.
- Pharmacopoeia Committee of People's Republic of China, Chinese Pharmacopoeia, Chemical Industry Press, Beijing, China, 2005 edition, 2005.
- Y. P. Wang, K. Jiao, and Z. F. He, “Systematic evaluation of adverse drug reactions of Xiyanping injection from documents,” Chinese Journal of Experimental Traditional Medical Formulae, vol. 17, no. 24, pp. 236–239, 2011.
- S. M. Peng, “The analysis pediatric hand foot mouth disease report of adverse drug reaction in Hunan province in 2011,” Chinese Journal of Modern Drug Application, vol. 06, no. 12, pp. 19–20, 2012.
- State Food and Drug Administration, “Adverse Drug Reaction Information Bulletin,” 2012, http://www.sda.gov.cn/WS01/CL0078/72891.html.