- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 342352, 8 pages
Antiproliferative Effect and the Isolated Compounds of Pouzolzia indica
1Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
2Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
3Department of Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Received 1 February 2013; Accepted 27 March 2013
Academic Editor: Molvibha Vongsakul
Copyright © 2013 Chanyapat Sangsuwon et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Smitinand, “Thai Plant Names (Botanical Names Vernacular Names),” Royal Forest Department, Thailand, Bangkok, 1980.
- J. J. Bennett, “Plantae Javanicae Rariores,” vol. 1, 1838.
- T. Srisapoomi, W. Jiratchariyakul, N. Partkaittikul, and T. Kummalue, “Effect of two Thai herbal remedies on the sensitivity of chemotherapeutic agents in human cancer cells,” Asian Journal of Traditional Medicines, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 108–111, 2008.
- A. Sayeed and M. A. Sattar, “A prenylated isoflavone from Pouzolzia indica: its in vitro antimicrobial activity and cytotoxicity evaluation,” Oriental Journal of Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 35–40, 2003.
- Y. U-pratya, W. Jiratchariyakul, and T. Kummalue, “Anti-proliferative effects of Pouzolzia indica on acute promyelocytic cell lines: NB4 and HT93A,” Asian Journal of Traditional Medicines, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 124–133, 2008.
- M. Lanotte, V. Martin-Thouvenin, S. Najman, P. Balerini, F. Valensi, and R. Berger, “NB4, a maturation inducible cell line with t(15;17) marker isolated from a human acute promyelocytic leukemia (M3),” Blood, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 1080–1086, 1991.
- N. Nishimura, Y. Furukawa, K. Sutheesophon et al., “Suppression of ARG kinase activity by STI571 induces cell cycle arrest through up-regulation of CDK inhibitor p18/INK4c,” Oncogene, vol. 22, no. 26, pp. 4074–4082, 2003.
- K. Kishi, K. Toba, T. A. Azegami et al., “Hematopoietic cytokine-dependent differentiation to eosinophils and neutrophils in a newly established acute promyelocytic leukemia cell line with t(15;17),” Experimental Hematology, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 135–142, 1998.
- P. Skehan, R. Storeng, D. Scudiero et al., “New colorimetric cytotoxicity assay for anticancer-drug screening,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 82, no. 13, pp. 1107–1112, 1990.
- T. Mosmann, “Colorimetric assay: MTT based for cell proliferation,” Journal of Immunological Methods, vol. 65, pp. 55–63, 1993.
- T. Kummalue, P. O-charoenrat, W. Jiratchariyakul et al., “Antiproliferative effect of Erycibe elliptilimba on human breast cancer cell lines,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 439–443, 2007.
- S. B. Mahato and A. P. Kundu, “13C NMR spectra of pentacyclic triterpenoids—a compilation and some salient features,” Phytochemistry, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1517–1575, 1994.
- T. Thi Thuy, N. Huy Cuong, and T. Van Sung, “Triterpenes from Celastrus Hindsii Benth,” Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 373–376, 2007.
- N. T. Thao, T. M. Hung, M. K. Lee, J. C. Kim, B. S. Min, and K. Bae, “Triterpenoids from Camellia japonica and their cytotoxic activity,” Chemical Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 121–124, 2010.
- C. H. Ma, W. Ke, Z. L. Sun et al., “Large-scale isolation and purification of scoparone from Herba artemisiae scopariae by high-speed counter-current chromatography,” Chromatographia, vol. 64, no. 1-2, pp. 83–87, 2006.
- J. Intekhab and M. Aslam, “Constituents from Feronia limonia,” Analele Universitii din Bucureti Chimie, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 95–101, 2009.
- G. S. Kupriyanova, “NMR studies of the electronic structure of coumarins,” Journal of Structural Chemistry, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 408–414, 1997.
- M. G. De Carvalho, G. J. A. De Carvalho, and R. Braz-Filho, “Chemical constituents from Ouratea floribunda: complete 1H and 13C NMR assignments of atranorin and its new acetyl derivative,” Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 143–147, 2000.
- S. P. Lee, G. Jun, E. J. Yoon, S. Park, and C. H. Yang, “Inhibitory effect of methyl caffeate on Fos-Jun-DNA complex formation and suppression of cancer cell growth,” Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1131–1135, 2001.
- T. Uto, A. Sakamoto, N. H. Tung, et al., “Anti-proliferative activitied activities and apoptosis induction by triterpenes derived from Eriobotryo japonica in Human Leucemia cell lines,” Internatioanl Journal of Molecular Science, vol. 14, pp. 4106–4120, 2013.
- A. Lacy, “Studies on coumarins and coumarin-related compounds to determine their therapeutic role in the treatment of cancer,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 10, no. 30, pp. 3797–3811, 2004.
- P. N. Thanh, W. Jin, G. Song, K. Bae, and S. S. Kang, “Cytotoxic coumarins from the root of Angelica dahurica,” Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 27, no. 12, pp. 1211–1215, 2004.
- K. Nardes, M. Zahra, R. Mohammad, E. Nasrollah, and G. Abbas, “Umbelliprenin is cytotoxic agent QU-DB large cell lung cancer cell line but anti-proliferative against A549 adenocarcinoma cells,” DURA Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 20, no. 69, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- R. Reyes-Chilpa, E. Estrada-Muñiz, T. Ramírez Apan et al., “Cytotoxic effects of mammea type coumarins from Calophyllum brasiliense,” Life Sciences, vol. 75, no. 13, pp. 1635–1647, 2004.
- M. G. Manuele, G. Ferraro, M. L. Barreiro Arcos, P. López, G. Cremaschi, and C. Anesini, “Comparative immunomodulatory effect of scopoletin on tumoral and normal lymphocytes,” Life Sciences, vol. 79, no. 21, pp. 2043–2048, 2006.
- S. M. Fiuza, C. Gomes, L. J. Teixeira et al., “Phenolic acid derivatives with potential anticancer properties—a structure-activity relationship study—part 1: methyl, propyl and octyl esters of caffeic and gallic acids,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 12, no. 13, pp. 3581–3589, 2004.
- S. Roussi, A. Winter, F. Gosse et al., “Different apoptotic mechanisms are involved in the antiproliferative effects of 7β-hydroxysitosterol and 7β-hydroxycholesterol in human colon cancer cells,” Cell Death and Differentiation, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 128–135, 2005.
- W. Jiratchariyakul, P. Moongkarndi, H. Okabe, and A. W. Frahm, “Investigation of anticancer components from Murdannia loriformis (Hassk.),” Thai Journal of Phytopharm, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 10–20, 1998.
- H. Rimpler and B. Arzneistoffe, “Georg Thieme,” Stuttgart, Germany, 1990.
- B. Ogretmen and Y. A. Hannun, “Biologically active sphingolipids in cancer pathogenesis and treatment,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 604–616, 2004.
- J. Woodcock, “Sphingosine and ceramide signalling in apoptosis,” IUBMB Life, vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 462–466, 2006.
- M. Darla Mark, K. Rajesh Kumar, R. Bakthavatchala, and R. Suresh, “Designing, synthesis, and characterization of some novel coumarin derivatives as probable anticancer drugs,” Medicinal Chemistry Research, 2012.