- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 352145, 8 pages
Study on Incompatibility of Traditional Chinese Medicine: Evidence from Formula Network, Chemical Space, and Metabolism Room
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Radiation Medicine and Molecular Nuclear Medicine, Institute of Radiation Medicine, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Tianjin 300192, China
Received 7 June 2013; Revised 12 August 2013; Accepted 2 September 2013
Academic Editor: Shao Li
Copyright © 2013 Wei Long et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. F. Bao, “More considerations on the complexity of TCM Science: preliminary study on TCM standardization,” Acta Universitatis Traditionis Medicalis Sinensis Pharmacologiaeque Shanghai, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 3–6, 2003.
- D. J. Watts and S. H. Strogatz, “Collective dynamics of 'small-world9 networks,” Nature, vol. 393, no. 6684, pp. 440–442, 1998.
- A.-L. Barabási and R. Albert, “Emergence of scaling in random networks,” Science, vol. 286, no. 5439, pp. 509–512, 1999.
- A.-L. Barabási and Z. N. Oltvai, “Network biology: understanding the cell's functional organization,” Nature Reviews Genetics, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 101–113, 2004.
- P. F. Jonsson and P. A. Bates, “Global topological features of cancer proteins in the human interactome,” Bioinformatics, vol. 22, no. 18, pp. 2291–2297, 2006.
- T. Ideker and R. Sharan, “Protein networks in disease,” Genome Research, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 644–652, 2008.
- I. Feldman, A. Rzhetsky, and D. Vitkup, “Network properties of genes harboring inherited disease mutations,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 105, no. 11, pp. 4323–4328, 2008.
- R. Li, T. Ma, J. Gu, X. Liang, and S. Li, “Imbalanced network biomarkers for traditional Chinese medicine syndrome in gastritis patients,” Scientific Reports, vol. 3, p. 1543, 2013.
- B. Zhang, X. Wang, and S. Li, “An integrative platform of TCM network pharmacology and its application on an herbal formula, Qing-Luo-Yin,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, Article ID 456747, 12 pages, 2013.
- S. Li, B. Zhang, and N. Zhang, “Network target for screening synergistic drug combinations with application to traditional Chinese medicine,” BMC Systems Biology, vol. 5, no. 1, article S10, 2011.
- S. Li, B. Zhang, D. Jiang, Y. Wei, and N. Zhang, “Herb network construction and co-module analysis for uncovering the combination rule of traditional Chinese herbal formulae,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 11, no. 11, article S6, 2010.
- T. Ma, C. Tan, H. Zhang, M. Wang, W. Ding, and S. Li, “Bridging the gap between traditional Chinese medicine and systems biology: the connection of Cold Syndrome and NEI network,” Molecular BioSystems, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 613–619, 2010.
- S. Li, Z. Q. Zhang, L. J. Wu, X. G. Zhang, Y. D. Li, and Y. Y. Wang, “Understanding ZHENG in traditional Chinese medicine in the context of neuro-endocrine-immune network,” IET Systems Biology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 51–60, 2007.
- C. M. Dobson, “Chemical space and biology,” Nature, vol. 432, no. 7019, pp. 824–828, 2004.
- X.-D. Li, Q. Huang, and X.-J. Xu, “Target-Ligand space distribution of the compound sets from Xuefu Zhuyu decoction, a traditional Chinese medicinal recipe,” Acta Physico-Chimica Sinica, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 547–551, 2008.
- S. L. Su, J. A. Duan, W. L. Li, Y. P. Tang, and X. S. Fan, “Exploration the toxicity/increase virulence mechanisms of “eighteen incompatible medicaments” based on chemical substances,” Chinese Journal of Experimental Traditional Medical Formulae, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 123–129, 2010.
- C. Wang, Y. G. Wang, Q. D. Liang, W. Q. Rang, C. R. Xiao, and Y. Gao, “Analysis of chemical composition in combination of aconitum and fritillaria by UPLC/Q-TOFMS with multivariate statistical analysis,” Acta Chimica Sinica, vol. 69, no. 16, pp. 84–92, 2011.
- W. Long, X. Pi, J. Xiang, P. X. Liu, and Z. M. Zou, “Network of Chinese medical formulas and Chinese medicinal chemical space,” Journal of Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 729–732, 2011.
- Z. J. Deng, Chinese Medical Formulas, China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine,, Beijing, China, 2003.
- V. Batagelj and A. Mrvar, Pajek software 1.24, 2009.
- K. M. Carley, ORA software 184.108.40.206.0, 2009.
- X. F. Wang, X. Li, and G. R. Chen, Theory and Application of Complex Networks, Tsinghua University Press, Beijing, China, 2006.
- W. Long, P. Liu, J. Xiang, X. Pi, J. Zhang, and Z. Zou, “A combination system for prediction of Chinese Materia Medica properties,” Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, vol. 101, no. 3, pp. 253–264, 2011.
- CODESSA, Comprehensive Descriptors for Structural and Statistical Analysis, Version 2.7.10, Semichem, Inc., 2007.
- MOE, Molecular Operating Environment, Version 2008. 10, Chemical Computing Group Inc., 2008.
- SPSS 16.0, SPSS Inc., Chicago, Ill, USA, 1987-2007.
- Y. Wang, Z. Ma, Q. Liang et al., “Study on the eighteen incompatible pairs based on cytochrome P450,” World Science and Technology-Modernization of Tradional Chinese Medicine, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 36–40, 2011.