- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 381381, 6 pages
Effects of Aromatherapy on the Anxiety, Vital Signs, and Sleep Quality of Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Patients in Intensive Care Units
1Eulji University Hospital, Daejeon 302-799, Republic of Korea
2College of Nursing, Eulji University, Daejeon 302-832, Republic of Korea
3Medical Research Division, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon 305-811, Republic of Korea
Received 26 October 2012; Revised 25 December 2012; Accepted 26 December 2012
Academic Editor: Ki-Wan Oh
Copyright © 2013 Mi-Yeon Cho et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Statistics Korea, 2008 Annual Report on the Cause of Death Statistics, Statistics Korea, Daejeon, Republic of Korea, 2008.
- Y. B. Park, M. Y. Lee, S. E. Park, M. A. Kim, D. W. Sohn, and B. H. Oh, “Pecutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty(PTCA) in patients with coronary artery disease,” Korean Circulation Journal, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 912–921, 1992.
- W. R. Lee, Clinical Cardiology, Korea Medical Book Publisher, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2002.
- K. S. Han and Y. I. Park, “The level of anxiety and relating factors of ICU patients,” Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 155–166, 2002.
- Y. J. Son, “The relationship between noise and sleep patterns in intensive care units,” Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 209–222, 2001.
- C. S. Dunnington, N. J. Johnson, B. A. Finkelmeier, J. Lyons, and R. F. Kehoe, “Patients with heart rhythm disturbances: variables associated with increased psychologic distress,” Heart and Lung, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 381–389, 1988.
- M. J. Kim, S. H. Cho, J. K. Kim, S. H. Han, E. S. Nam, and M. H. Hur, Clinical Aromatherapy, Jungmonkag, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2005.
- O. B. Choi and O. K. Kim, Aromatherapy, Fabre Eduterial, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2001.
- S. Battaglia, The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy, The International Center of Holistic Aromatherapy, Brisbane, Australia, 2003.
- J. H. Hwang, “The effects of the inhalation method using essential oils on blood pressure and stress responses of clients with essential hypertension,” Taehan Kanho Hakhoe Chi, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 1123–1134, 2006.
- E. Lee and K. S. Kim, “The effects of aroma hand massage on anxiety and sleep in cancer patients during hospitalization,” Perspective in Nursing Science, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 42–53, 2011.
- O. J. Kim, K. H. Kim, and K. S. Park, “The effect of aroma inhalation on stress, anxiety and sleep pattern in patients with hemodialysis,” Journal of the Korean Clinical Nursing Research, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 99–111, 2007.
- Y. M. Lee and H. Y. Ahn, “Effect of the aromatherapy on anxiety and discomfort in patients having colonoscopy,” Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 539–547, 2010.
- H. Y. Kim, The Effect of Aromatheray on Anxiety and Sleep of Patients With Coronary Angiography, Department of Nursing, Dankook University, Yongin, Republic of Korea, 2008.
- D. W. Hahn, C. H. Lee, and K. K. Chon, “Korean adaptation of Spielberger's STAI (K-STAI),” Korean Journal of Health Psychology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–14, 1996.
- K. S. Kim and J. E. Kang, “The effect of preparatory audiovisual information with videotape influencing on sleep and anxiety of abdominal sugical patients,” Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 19–36, 1994.
- R. Snyder-Halpern and J. A. Verran, “Instrumentation to describe subjective sleep characteristics in healthy subjects,” Research in Nursing & Health, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 155–163, 1987.
- Y. H. Oh and H. M. Jung, “The effects of inhalation method using essential oils on the preoperative anxiety of hystrectomy patients,” Korean Academic Society of Rehabilitation Nursing, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 18–26, 2002.
- Y. J. Kim, M. S. Lee, Y. S. Yang, and M. H. Hur, “Self-aromatherapymassage of the abdomen for the reduction of menstrual pain and anxiety during menstruation in nurses: a placebo-controlled clinical trial,” European Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. e165–e168, 2011.
- S. B. Chang, S. H. Chu, Y. I. Kim, and S. H. Yun, “The effects of aroma inhalation on sleep and fatigue in night shift nurses,” Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 941–949, 2008.
- E. K. Kim, Effect of Aroma-Necklace Inhalation Method on Stress, Anxiety and Physiological Response in Hemodialysis, Department of Nursing, Kangwon University, Kangwon, Republic of Korea, 2009.