- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 403251, 7 pages
Effects of Aroma Massage on Home Blood Pressure, Ambulatory Blood Pressure, and Sleep Quality in Middle-Aged Women with Hypertension
1Eulji University Hospital, Daejeon 302-799, Republic of Korea
2Smart Hospital, Daejeon 302-859, Republic of Korea
3Kunsan College of Nursing, Gunsan 573-719, Republic of Korea
4College of Nursing, Eulji University, 143-5 Yongdudong, Jung-gu, Daejeon 302-832, Republic of Korea
5Medical Research Division, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon 305-811, Republic of Korea
Received 22 October 2012; Revised 8 December 2012; Accepted 9 December 2012
Academic Editor: Jenny M. Wilkinson
Copyright © 2013 Myeong-Sook Ju et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- World Health Organization, Chronic Diseases, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2012.
- National Health Statistics, “National health nutrition survey quaternary period secondary source,” Approval Number Statistics 11702, The Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2008.
- B. H. Lee, Manual of Hypertension, Deahanuihakseojeok, Seoul, Korea, 2009.
- P. Bansil, E. V. Kuklina, R. K. Merritt, and P. W. Yoon, “Associations between sleep disorders, sleep duration, quality of sleep, and hypertension: results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2005 to 2008,” Journal of Clinical Hypertension, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 739–743, 2011.
- D. D. Smeltzer, B. G. Bare, J. L. Hinkle, and K. H. Cheever, Brunner & Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing, Wolsters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2010.
- S. Battaglia, The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Brisbane, Australia, 2003.
- B. J. Ha, Aromatherapy, Soo Moon Sa, Seoul, Korea, 2006.
- P. Daniel, P. Shirley, and P. Len, Aromatherphy for Healt Professionals, Churchill Livingstone, London, UK, 2001.
- S. H. Han, M. H. Hur, J. H. Park, E. J. Lee, and M. K. Park, Women's Health and Aromatherapy, . Hyun Moon Sa, Seoul, Korea, 2002.
- J. F. Owens and K. A. Matthews, “Sleep disturbance in healthy middle-aged women,” Maturitas, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 41–50, 1998.
- P. Vara, “The climacterium from the gynaecologist′s point of view,” Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. Supplement, vol. 49, supplement 1, pp. 43–55, 1970.
- M. H. Hur, H. Oh, M. S. Lee, C. Kim, A. N. Choi, and G. R. Shin, “Effects of aromatherapy massage on blood pressure and lipid profile in Korean climacteric women,” International Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 117, no. 9, pp. 1281–1287, 2007.
- Y. J. Jung, Effects of Aromatherapy on Blood Pressure, Heart Rate Variability, and Serum Catecholamines in the Pre-Hypertension Middle Aged Women, Department of Nursing, Catholic University, Seoul, Korea, 2007.
- J. H. Hwang, “The effects of the inhalation method using essential oils on blood pressure and stress responses of clients with essential hypertension,” Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 1123–1134, 2006.
- Y. K. Choi and S. Lee, “The effect of posterior neck massage using maychang oil on the blood pressure and components in elderly women who have hypertension,” Journal of Korean Beauty Society, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 211–217, 2011.
- H. M. Jung and Y. S. Jeon, “Effects of the aroma massage on shoulder pain, depression, sleep disturbance in hemiparesis patients,” The Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Nursing, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 231–237, 2004.
- G. H. Lee, K. M. Park, and M. K. Ryu, “The effect of aromatherapy with lavender essential oil on sleep disturbance and depression on middle-aged women,” Journal of the Korean Society of Maternal and Child Health, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 23–37, 2002.