- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 425707, 8 pages
Platelet Aggregation Pathway Network-Based Approach for Evaluating Compounds Efficacy
1Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences (BNLMS), State Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Materials Chemistry and Applications, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
2Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences (BNLMS), Center for Molecular Sciences, State Key Laboratory for Structural Chemistry of Unstable and Stable Species, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China
3Institute of Functional Nano, Soft Materials, Soochow University, Soochow Jiangsu 215123, China
Received 2 January 2013; Accepted 5 March 2013
Academic Editor: Rong Zeng
Copyright © 2013 Jiangyong Gu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. A. Zerhouni, “Translational research: moving discovery to practice,” Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 126–128, 2007.
- K. X. Zhang and B. F. Ouellette, “Pandora, a pathway and network discovery approach based on common biological evidence,” Bioinformatics, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 529–535, 2010.
- R. A. Pache, A. Zanzoni, J. Naval, J. M. Mas, and P. Aloy, “Towards a molecular characterisation of pathological pathways,” FEBS Letters, vol. 582, no. 8, pp. 1259–1265, 2008.
- H. Kitano, “Computational systems biology,” Nature, vol. 420, no. 6912, pp. 206–210, 2002.
- C. T. Keith, A. A. Borisy, and B. R. Stockwell, “Multicomponent therapeutics for networked systems,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 71–78, 2005.
- E. C. Butcher, E. L. Berg, and E. J. Kunkel, “Systems biology in drug discovery,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1253–1259, 2004.
- P. Kohl, E. J. Crampin, T. A. Quinn, and D. Noble, “Systems biology: an approach,” Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 88, no. 1, pp. 25–33, 2010.
- A. M. Henney, “Who will take up the gauntlet?: challenges and opportunities for systems biology and drug discovery,” EMBO Reports, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. S9–S13, 2009.
- D. K. Arrell and A. Terzic, “Network systems biology for drug discovery,” Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 88, no. 1, pp. 120–125, 2010.
- S. C. Janga and A. Tzakos, “Structure and organization of drug-target networks: insights from genomic approaches for drug discovery,” Molecular BioSystems, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 1536–1548, 2009.
- A. L. Hopkins, “Network pharmacology: the next paradigm in drug discovery,” Nature Chemical Biology, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 682–690, 2008.
- E. E. Schadt, S. H. Friend, and D. A. Shaywitz, “A network view of disease and compound screening,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 286–295, 2009.
- V. Agoston, P. Csermely, and S. Pongor, “Multiple weak hits confuse complex systems: a transcriptional regulatory network as an example,” Physical Review E, vol. 71, no. 5, Article ID 051909, pp. 1–7, 2005.
- Q. Li, X. Li, C. Li et al., “A network-based multi-target computational estimation scheme for anticoagulant activities of compounds,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 3, Article ID e14774, 2011.
- Y. Z. Xiang, L. Y. Kang, X. M. Gao, H. C. Shang, J. H. Zhang, and B. L. Zhang, “Strategies for antiplatelet targets and agents,” Thrombosis Research, vol. 123, no. 1, pp. 35–49, 2008.
- K. Broos, S. F. De Meyer, H. B. Feys, et al., “Blood platelet biochemistry,” Thrombosis Research, vol. 129, no. 3, pp. 245–249, 2012.
- S. P. Jackson and S. M. Schoenwaelder, “Antiplatelet therapy: in search of the ‘magic bullet’,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 775–789, 2003.
- Y. Z. Xiang, Y. Xia, X. M. Gao, H. C. Shang, L. Y. Kang, and B. L. Zhang, “Platelet activation, and antiplatelet targets and agents: current and novel strategies,” Drugs, vol. 68, no. 12, pp. 1647–1664, 2008.
- K. Sangkuhl, A. R. Shuldiner, T. E. Klein, and R. B. Altman, “Platelet aggregation pathway,” Pharmacogenetics and Genomics, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 516–521, 2011.
- G. Joshi-Tope, M. Gillespie, I. Vastrik et al., “Reactome: a knowledgebase of biological pathways,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 33, pp. D428–D432, 2005.
- M. Kanehisa, S. Goto, M. Furumichi, M. Tanabe, and M. Hirakawa, “KEGG for representation and analysis of molecular networks involving diseases and drugs,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 38, no. 1, Article ID gkp896, pp. D355–D360, 2009.
- X. Jiang, K. Kumar, X. Hu, A. Wallqvist, and J. Reifman, “DOVIS 2.0: an efficient and easy to use parallel virtual screening tool based on AutoDock 4.0,” Chemistry Central Journal, vol. 2, no. 1, article 18, 2008.
- H. Park, J. Lee, and S. Lee, “Critical assessment of the automated AutoDock as a new docking tool for virtual screening,” Proteins: Structure, Function and Genetics, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 549–554, 2006.
- V. Latora and M. Marchiori, “Efficient behavior of small-world networks,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 87, no. 19, Article ID 198701, pp. 1–4, 2001.
- P. Csermely, V. Ágoston, and S. Pongor, “The efficiency of multi-target drugs: the network approach might help drug design,” Trends in Pharmacological Sciences, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 178–182, 2005.
- Z. Spiro, I. A. Kovacs, and P. Csermely, “Drug-therapy networks and the prediction of novel drug targets,” Journal of Biology, vol. 7, no. 6, article 20, 2008.
- X. Xu, “New concepts and approaches for drug discovery based on traditional Chinese medicine,” Drug Discovery Today, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 247–253, 2006.