- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 427265, 7 pages
Objectifying Specific and Nonspecific Effects of Acupuncture: A Double-Blinded Randomised Trial in Osteoarthritis of the Knee
1Department of Internal Medicine, Heidelberg University Hospital, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
2Centre for Chinese Medicine, Universitätsallee 3, 28359 Bremen, Germany
3German Society for Traditional Chinese Medicine (DGTCM), Heidelberg University, Karlsruher Straße 12, 69126 Heidelberg, Germany
4Institute of Public Health, Social and Preventive Medicine, Mannheim Medical Faculty, Heidelberg University, Ludolf-Krehl-Straße 7-11, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
5Shen-Centre for Traditional Chinese Medicine, Südliche Stadtmauer Straße 25, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
6Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
7Abel Salazar Biomedical Sciences Institute, University of Porto, Rua de Jorge Viterbo Ferreira No. 228, 4050-313 Porto, Portugal
Received 23 September 2012; Accepted 13 December 2012
Academic Editor: Jaung-Geng Lin
Copyright © 2013 Max Karner et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Rosa B. Spaeth, Stephanie Camhi, Javeria A. Hashmi, Mark Vangel, Ajay D. Wasan, Robert R. Edwards, Randy L. Gollub, and Jian Kong, “A Longitudinal Study of the Reliability of Acupuncture Deqi Sensations in Knee Osteoarthritis,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Yudan Liang, and Dongfang Gong, “Acupuncture for chronic pelvic inflammatory disease: a qualitative study of patients' insistence on treatment,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 14, 2014.
- Taru Manyanga, Maria Froese, Ryan Zarychanski, Ahmed Abou-Setta, Carol Friesen, Michael Tennenhouse, and Barbara L. Shay, “Pain management with acupuncture in osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 14, 2014.
- Cláudia Maria Sousa, Luis Moreira, Daniela Coimbra, Jorge Machado, and Henry J. Greten, “Immediate effects of Tuina techniques on working-related musculoskeletal disorder of professional orchestra musicians,” Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 257–261, 2015.
- Fang Li, Tian He, Qian Xu, Li-Ting Lin, Hui Li, Yan Liu, Guang-Xia Shi, and Cun-Zhi Liu, “What is the Acupoint? A preliminary review of Acupoints,” Pain Medicine, 2015.
- Susana Seca, Sebastian Kirch, António S. Cabrita, and Henry J. Greten, “Evaluation of the effect of acupuncture on hand pain, functional deficits and health-related quality of life in patients with rheumatoid arthritis—A study protocol for a multicenter, double-blind, randomized clinical trial,” Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 219–227, 2016.