- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 459271, 8 pages
Therapeutic and Radiosensitizing Effects of Armillaridin on Human Esophageal Cancer Cells
1Department of Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei 25160, Taiwan
2Department of Biotechnology, Hungkuang University, Taichung 43302, Taiwan
3Department of Radiation Oncology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei 10449, Taiwan
4Graduate Institute of Pharmacology, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 11031, Taiwan
Received 9 April 2013; Revised 1 June 2013; Accepted 2 June 2013
Academic Editor: Shrikant Anant
Copyright © 2013 Chih-Wen Chi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M.-Y. Lung and Y.-C. Chang, “Antioxidant properties of the edible basidiomycete Armillaria mellea in submerged cultures,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 6367–6384, 2011.
- Y. Sun, H. Liang, X. Zhang, H. Tong, and J. Liu, “Structural elucidation and immunological activity of a polysaccharide from the fruiting body of Armillaria mellea,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 100, no. 5, pp. 1860–1863, 2009.
- Y. Junshan, C. Yuwu, and F. Xiaozhang, “Chemical constituents of Armillaria mellea mycelium I. Isolation and characterization of armillarin and armillaridin,” Planta Medica, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 288–290, 1984.
- A. Jemal, R. Siegel, E. Ward, Y. Hao, J. Xu, and M. J. Thun, “Cancer statistics, 2009,” CA Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 225–249, 2009.
- J. S. Cooper, M. D. Guo, A. Herskovic et al., “Chemoradiotherapy of locally advanced esophageal cancer: long-term follow-up of a prospective randomized trial (RTOG 85-01),” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 281, no. 17, pp. 1623–1627, 1999.
- J. Tepper, M. J. Krasna, D. Niedzwiecki et al., “Phase III trial of trimodality therapy with cisplatin, fluorouracil, radiotherapy, and surgery compared with surgery alone for esophageal cancer: CALGB 9781,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 1086–1092, 2008.
- H.-C. Liu, S.-K. Hung, C.-J. Huang et al., “Esophagectomy for locally advanced esophageal cancer, followed by chemoradiotherapy and adjuvant chemotherapy,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 11, no. 34, pp. 5367–5372, 2005.
- V. Chiarion-Sileni, L. Corti, A. Ruol et al., “Phase II trial of docetaxel, cisplatin and fluorouracil followed by carboplatin and radiotherapy in locally advanced oesophageal cancer,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 432–438, 2007.
- A. Herskovic, K. Martz, M. Al-Sarraf et al., “Combined chemotherapy and radiotherapy compared with radiotherapy alone in patients with cancer of the esophagus,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 326, no. 24, pp. 1593–1598, 1992.
- A. Kuwahara, M. Yamamori, K. Nishiguchi et al., “Replacement of cisplatin with nedaplatin in a definitive 5-fluorouracil/cisplatin-based chemoradiotherapy in Japanese patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma,” International Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 305–311, 2009.
- S. Kesari, S. J. Advani, J. D. Lawson et al., “DNA damage response and repair: insights into strategies for radiation sensitization of gliomas,” Future Oncology, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 1335–1346, 2011.
- F. Pajonk, E. Vlashi, and W. H. McBride, “Radiation resistance of cancer stem cells: the 4 R's of radiobiology revisited,” Stem Cells, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 639–648, 2010.
- K. Mokim Ahmed and J. J. Li, “NF-κB-mediated adaptive resistance to ionizing radiation,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2008.
- D. M. Brizel, G. S. Sibley, L. R. Prosnitz, R. L. Scher, and M. W. Dewhirst, “Tumor hypoxia adversely affects the prognosis of carcinoma of the head and neck,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 285–289, 1997.
- T. M. Pawlik and K. Keyomarsi, “Role of cell cycle in mediating sensitivity to radiotherapy,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 928–942, 2004.
- W. K. Sinclair and R. A. Morton, “X-ray sensitivity during the cell generation cycle of cultured Chinese hamster cells,” Radiation Research, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 450–474, 1966.