- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 472973, 14 pages
Quality Evaluation of Ayurvedic Crude Drug Daruharidra, Its Allied Species, and Commercial Samples from Herbal Drug Markets of India
Pharmacognosy and Ethnopharmacology Division, National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow 226002, India
Received 27 April 2012; Revised 12 December 2012; Accepted 12 December 2012
Academic Editor: Annie Shirwaikar
Copyright © 2013 Sharad Srivastava and A. K. S. Rawat. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Watt, “Economic Products of India V, The Superintendent of Government Printing,” India, 652–653, 1883.
- K. R. Kirtikar and B. D. Basu, Indian Medicinal Plants I, Lalit Mohan Basu, Allahabad, India, 1933.
- R. N. Chopra, T. C. Chopra, K. L. Handa, and L. D. Kapoor, Chopra’s Indigenous Drugs of India, vol. 284, UN Dhar and Sons Pvt, 1958.
- “The wealth of India Berberis Linn. (Berberidaceae). Ed Ambastha Sp Publication and Information Directorate,” CSIR, New Delhi, India, 2B, pp. 114–118, 1988.
- S. Samhita, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sansthan, Sutrasthanam Lakshadi Group, Varanasi, India, 1963, Edited by: K. K. Bhishagratna.
- N. K. Dutta and M. V. Panse, “Usefulness of berberine (an alkaloid from Berberis aristata) in the treatment of cholera,” Indian Journal of Medical Research, no. 50, pp. 732–735, 1962.
- S. C. Lahiri and N. K. Dutta, “Berberine and chloramphenicol in the treatment of cholera and severe diarrhoea,” Journal of the Indian Medical Association, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 1967.
- Department of Health, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, The Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India, Part I, Government of India, New Delhi, India, 2004.
- A. Kumar, P. Pushpangadan, and S. Mehrotra, “Extraction of high-molecular-weight DNA from dry root tissue of Berberis lycium suitable for RAPD,” Plant Molecular Biology Reporter, vol. 21, article 309, 2003.
- V. Tripathi, S. Goswami, and P. Pushpangadan, “Isolation and expression analysis of Berberis chitria Lidl. specific transcripts using subtractive hybridization technique,” African Journal of Plant Science, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 488–495, 2010.
- M. C. J. Bottini, E. J. Greizerstein, M. B. Aulicino, and L. Poggio, “Relationships among genome size, environmental conditions and geographical distribution in natural populations of NW patagonian species of Berberis L. (Berberidaceae),” Annals of Botany, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 565–573, 2000.
- S. Roy, A. Tyagi, V. Shukla et al., “Universal plant DNA barcode loci may not work in complex groups: a case study with Indian berberis species,” PLoS One, vol. 5, no. 10, Article ID e13674, 2010.
- S. K. Srivastava, S. Khatoon, A. K. S. Rawat, S. Mehrotra, and P. Pushpangadan, “Pharmacognostic evaluation of the root of Berberis aristata DC,” Natural Product Sciences, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 102–106, 2001.
- S. K. Srivastava, A. K. S. Rawat, and S. Mehrotra, “Pharmacognostic evaluation of the root of Berberis asiatica,” Pharmaceutical Biology, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 467–473, 2004.
- S. K. Srivastava, A. K. S. Rawat, M. Srivastava, and S. Mehrotra, “Pharmacognostic evaluation of the roots of Berberis chitria Lindl,” Natural Product Sciences, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 19–23, 2006.
- K. Peach and M. V. Tracy, Modern Methods of Plant Analysis, vol. 3-4, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 1955.
- Indian Pharmacopoeia, Government of India, New Delhi, India, 2nd edition, 1965.
- J. Siwon, R. Verpoorte, G. F. A. Van Essen, and A. B. Svendsen, “Studies on Indonesian medicinal plants. III: the alkaloids of Coscinium fenestratum,” Planta Medica, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 24–32, 1980.
- Official Methods of Analysis (AOAC), Association of Official Chemists, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 1984.