- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 492039, 12 pages
Relationship between Biomechanical Characteristics of Spinal Manipulation and Neural Responses in an Animal Model: Effect of Linear Control of Thrust Displacement versus Force, Thrust Amplitude, Thrust Duration, and Thrust Rate
1Palmer College of Chiropractic, Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research, Davenport, IA 52803, USA
2Department of Physical Therapy, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2R3
Received 15 September 2012; Revised 2 December 2012; Accepted 12 December 2012
Academic Editor: Vincenzo De Feo
Copyright © 2013 William R. Reed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- François Nougarou, Claude Dugas, Constance Deslauriers, Isabelle Pagé, and Martin Descarreaux, “Physiological Responses to Spinal Manipulation Therapy: Investigation of the Relationship Between Electromyographic Responses and Peak Force,” Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 2013.
- William R. Reed, Cynthia R. Long, and Joel G. Pickar, “Effects of Unilateral Facet Fixation and Facetectomy on Muscle Spindle Responsiveness During Simulated Spinal Manipulation in an Animal Model,” Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 2013.
- William R. Reed, Randall Sozio, Joel G. Pickar, and Stephen M. Onifer, “Effect of Spinal Manipulation Thrust Duration on Trunk Mechanical Activation Thresholds of Nociceptive-Specific Lateral Thalamic Neurons,” Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 2014.
- William R. Reed, Joel G. Pickar, Randall S. Sozio, and Cynthia R. Long, “Effect of Spinal Manipulation Thrust Magnitude on Trunk Mechanical Activation Thresholds of Lateral Thalamic Neurons,” Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 277–286, 2014.
- François Nougarou, Claude Dugas, Michel Loranger, Isabelle Pagé, and Martin Descarreaux, “The Role of Preload Forces in Spinal Manipulation: Experimental Investigation of Kinematic and Electromyographic Responses in Healthy Adults,” Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 287–293, 2014.
- Felipe Coutinho Kullmann Duarte, Carolina Kolberg, Rodrigo R. Barros, Vivian G.A. Silva, Günter Gehlen, Jakson M. Vassoler, and Wania A. Partata, “Evaluation of Peak Force of a Manually Operated Chiropractic Adjusting Instrument With an Adapter for Use in Animals,” Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 2014.
- William R. Reed, Cynthia R. Long, Gregory N. Kawchuk, and Joel G. Pickar, “Neural Responses To The Mechanical Parameters Of A High-Velocity, Low-Amplitude Spinal Manipulation: Effect Of Preload Parameters,” Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 68–78, 2014.
- Charles W. Gay, Michael E. Robinson, Steven Z. George, William M. Perlstein, and Mark D. Bishop, “Immediate Changes After Manual Therapy in Resting-State Functional Connectivity as Measured by Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Participants With Induced Low Back Pain,” Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 2014.
- John J. Triano, Dominic Giuliano, Ismat Kanga, David Starmer, Jennifer Brazeau, C. Elaine Screaton, and Curtis Semple, “Consistency and Malleability of Manipulation Performance in Experienced Clinicians: A Pre-Post Experimental Design,” Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 2015.
- Lei Han, Ping Zhao, Wei Guo, Jie Wei, Fei Wang, Yu Fan, Yi Li, and Yaqing Min, “Short-term study on risk-benefit outcomes of two spinal manipulative therapies in the treatment of acute radiculopathy caused by lumbar disc herniation: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial,” Trials, vol. 16, no. 1, 2015.