- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 492807, 17 pages
Antiobesity Effects of the Ethanol Extract of Laminaria japonica Areshoung in High-Fat-Diet-Induced Obese Rat
Department of Preventive Pharmacy and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130-701, Republic of Korea
Received 15 June 2012; Revised 15 November 2012; Accepted 7 December 2012
Academic Editor: Cheppail Ramachandran
Copyright © 2013 Woong Sun Jang and Se Young Choung. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yeon-Hee Kim, Jeong Hwan Kim, Hyung-Joo Jin, and Si Young Lee, “Antimicrobial activity of ethanol extracts of Laminaria japonica against oral microorganisms,” Anaerobe, vol. 21, pp. 34–38, 2013.
- Hye-Kyung Choi, Eun-Kyung Won, Young Pyo Jang, and Se-Young Choung, “Antiobesity Effect of Codonopsis lanceolata in High-Calorie/High-Fat-Diet-Induced Obese Rats,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Seong Kyu Park, Sook Jahr Park, Sang Mi Park, Il Je Cho, Chan Ik Park, Young Woo Kim, and Sang Chan Kim, “Inhibition of Acute Phase Inflammation by Laminaria japonica through Regulation of iNOS-NF-κB Pathway,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Mohamed M. Ahmed, El-Shazly A. Samir, Ahmed M. El-Shehawi, and Mohamed E. Alkafafy, “Anti-obesity effects of Taif and Egyptian pomegranates: molecular study,” Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, pp. 1–12, 2014.
- Ptb Pham Thi Be Tu, and Shinkichi Tawata, “Anti-Obesity Effects of Hispidin and Alpinia zerumbet Bioactives in 3T3-L1 Adipocytes,” Molecules, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 16656–16671, 2014.
- Carolina Vieira Almeida Erika, Antonio Pigoso Ac aacute cio, and Fernando de Almeida Alex, “Camellia sinensis extract inhibits in vitro pancreatic lipase and has preventive effect on obesity in female rat fed a high-fat diet,” African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, vol. 9, no. 37, pp. 919–928, 2015.
- Hyeyoon Eo, You-jin Jeon, Myoungsook Lee, and Yunsook Lim, “Brown Alga Ecklonia cava Polyphenol Extract Ameliorates Hepatic Lipogenesis, Oxidative Stress, and Inflammation by Activation of AMPK and SIRT1 in Hig,” Journal Of Agricultural And Food Chemistry, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 349–359, 2015.
- Sa-Jic Kim, Chae-Young Bang, Yuan-Ri Guo, and Se-Young Choung, “Anti-Obesity Effects of Aster spathulifolius Extract in High-Fat Diet-Induced Obese Rats,” Journal Of Medicinal Food, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 353–364, 2016.
- Ji-Hyun Oh, Jaehoon Kim, and Yunkyoung Lee, “Anti-inflammatory and anti-diabetic effects of brown seaweeds in high-fat diet-induced obese mice,” Nutrition Research and Practice, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 42, 2016.