- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 620230, 7 pages
Lingmao Formula Combined with Entecavir for HBeAg-Positive Chronic Hepatitis B Patients with Mildly Elevated Alanine Aminotransferase: A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
1Department of Hepatopathy, Shuguang Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 528 Zhangheng Road, Shanghai 201203, China
2Shanghai Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinical Center of Hepatopathy, 528 Zhangheng Road, Shanghai 201203, China
3Center for Clinical Effect Evaluation, Shuguang Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 528 Zhangheng Road, Shanghai 201203, China
4Shanghai Key Laboratory of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 528 Zhangheng Road, Shanghai 201203, China
Received 31 March 2013; Revised 20 July 2013; Accepted 21 July 2013
Academic Editor: Lixing Lao
Copyright © 2013 Xiao-Jun Zhu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Lavanchy, “Hepatitis B virus epidemiology, disease burden, treatment, arid current and emerging prevention and control measures,” Journal of Viral Hepatitis, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 97–107, 2004.
- D. Ganem and A. M. Prince, “Hepatitis B virus infection—natural history and clini-cal consequences,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 350, no. 11, pp. 1118–1129, 2004.
- J. Liu and D. Fan, “Hepatitis B in China,” The Lancet, vol. 369, no. 9573, pp. 1582–1583, 2007.
- X. Liang, S. Bi, W. Yang et al., “Epidemiological serosurvey of Hepatitis B in China-Declining HBV prevalence due to Hepatitis B vaccination,” Vaccine, vol. 27, no. 47, pp. 6550–6557, 2009.
- F. M. Lu and H. Zhuang, “Management of hepatitis B in China,” Chinese Medical Journal (English Edition), vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 3–4, 2009.
- J.-D. Jia and H. Zhuang, “The overview of the seminar on chronic hepatitis B,” Chinese Journal of Hepatology, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 698–699, 2004.
- A. S. F. Lok and B. J. McMahon, “Chronic hepatitis B: update 2009,” Hepatology, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 661–662, 2009.
- Chinese Society of Hepatology and Chinese Society of Infectious Disease, Chinese Medical Association, “The guideline of prevention and treatment for chronic hepatitis B (2010),” Chinese Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 1–14, 2011 (Chinese).
- Y. F. Liaw, J. H. Kao, T. Piratvisuth, et al., “Asian-Pacific consensus statement on the management of chronic hepatitis B: a 2012 update,” Hepatology International, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 531–561, 2012.
- European Association for the Study of the Liver, “EASL Clinical Practice Gui-delines: management of chronic hepatitis B,” Hepatology, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 167–185, 2012.
- P. S. Tsang, H. Trinh, R. T. Garcia, et al., “Significant prevalence of histologic disease in patients with chronic hepatitis B and mildly elevated serum alanine amino-transferase levels,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 569–574, 2008.
- M.-F. Yuen, H.-J. Yuan, D. K.-H. Wong et al., “Prognostic determinants for chronic hepatitis B in Asians: therapeutic implications,” Gut, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 1610–1614, 2005.
- R. P. Perrillo, C.-L. Lai, Y.-F. Liaw et al., “Predictors of HBeAg loss after lamivudine treatment for chronic hepatitis B,” Hepatology, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 186–194, 2002.
- I.-C. Wu, C.-L. Lai, S.-H. Bui Han et al., “Efficacy of entecavir in chronic hepatitis b patients with mildly elevated alanine aminotransferase and biopsy-proven histological damage,” Hepatology, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 1185–1189, 2010.
- R.-N. Chien, Y.-F. Liaw, and M. Atkins, “Pretherapy alanine transaminase level as a determinant for hepatitis B e antigen seroconversion during lamivudine therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis B,” Hepatology, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 770–774, 1999.
- L. Zhang, G. Wang, W. Hou, P. Li, A. Dulin, and H. L. Bonkovsky, “Contemporary clinical research of traditional chinese medicines for chronic hepatitis B in china: an analytical review,” Hepatology, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 690–698, 2010.
- S.-S. Dang, X.-L. Jia, P. Song et al., “Inhibitory effect of emodin and Astragalus polysaccharide on the replication of HBV,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 15, no. 45, pp. 5669–5673, 2009.
- J.-S. Chang, H.-W. Liu, K.-C. Wang et al., “Ethanol extract of Polygonum cuspidatum inhibits hepatitis B virus in a stable HBV-producing cell line,” Antiviral Research, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 29–34, 2005.
- M. S. Shin, E. H. Kang, and Y. I. Lee, “A flavonoid from medicinal plants blocks hepatitis B virus-e antigen secretion in HBV-infected hepatocytes,” Antiviral Research, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 163–168, 2005.
- X. J. Zhu, X. H. Sun, L. Li, et al., “Lingmao recipe inhibites reproduction of hepatitis B virus in vitro,” Zhongxiyi Jiehe Ganbing Zazhi, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 346–347 (Chinese).
- X. Y. Zheng, Guidelings For Clinical Research on Chinese New Herbal Medicines (Trial Implementation), Medical Science and Technology Publishing House of China, Beijing, China, 1993.
- J.-C. Xian, H.-T. Xu, Y.-L. He et al., “Liver histological changes in chronic hepatitis B patients with elevated ALT less than 2 x ULN,” Chinese Journal of Hepatology, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 431–435, 2011 (Chinese).
- M. H. Nguyen, H. Trinh, R. T. Garcia, et al., “Significant histologic disease in HBV infected patients with normal to minimally elevated ALT levels at initial evaluate-on (abstract),” Hepatology, vol. 42, supplement 1, p. 593A, 2005.
- S. Q. Liu, X. J. Zhu, X. H. Sun, et al., “Characteristic of liver pathology in HBeAg-positive and HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B patients with mildly elevated AL-T,” Chinese Journal of Hepatology, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 348–352, 2012 (Chinese).
- R. Kariv, M. Leshno, A. Beth-Or et al., “Re-evaluation of serum alanine aminotransferase upper normal limit and its modulating factors in a large-scale population study,” Liver International, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 445–450, 2006.
- H. C. Kim, C. M. Nam, S. H. Jee, K. H. Han, D. K. Oh, and I. Suh, “Normal serum aminotransferase concentration and risk of mortality from liver diseases: prospective cohort study,” British Medical Journal, vol. 328, no. 7446, pp. 983–986, 2004.
- S. C. Li, S. C. Ong, S. G. Lim, et al., “A cost comparison of management of chronic hepatitis B and its associated complications in Hong Kong and Singapore,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. S136–S143, 2004.
- D. J. Tenney, R. E. Rose, C. J. Baldick et al., “Long-term monitoring shows hepatitis B virus resistance to entecavir in nucleoside-naïve patients is rare through 5 years-of therapy,” Hepatology, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 1503–1514, 2009.