- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 647982, 8 pages
Effect of Modified Formula Radix Hedysari on the Amplification Effect during Peripheral Nerve Regeneration
Department of Trauma and Orthopeadics, Peking University People's Hospital, Beijing 100044, China
Received 13 December 2012; Accepted 23 January 2013
Academic Editor: Youn Chul Kim
Copyright © 2013 Zhi Yong Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Torigoe, H. F. Tanaka, A. Takahashi, A. Awaya, and K. Hashimoto, “Basic behavior of migratory Schwann cells in peripheral nerve regeneration,” Experimental Neurology, vol. 137, no. 2, pp. 301–308, 1996.
- C. Ide, “Peripheral nerve regeneration,” Neuroscience Research, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 101–121, 1996.
- S. Y. Wei, P. X. Zhang, N. Han et al., “Effects of Hedysari polysaccharides on regeneration and function recovery following peripheral nerve injury in rats,” The American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 57–67, 2009.
- S. Wei, X. Yin, Y. Kou, and B. Jiang, “Lumbricus extract promotes the regeneration of injured peripheral nerve in rats,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 123, no. 1, pp. 51–54, 2009.
- M. Ikeda and Y. Oka, “The relationship between nerve conduction velocity and fiber morphology during peripheral nerve regeneration,” Brain and Behavior, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 382–390, 2012.
- P. Zhang, Y. Kou, X. Yin, Y. Wang, H. Zhang, and B. Jiang, “The experimental research of nerve fibers compensation amplification innervation of ular nerve and musculocutaneous nerve in Rhesus monkeys,” Artificial Cells, Blood Substitutes, and Biotechnology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 39–43, 2011.
- C. Yu, C. Zhu, Y. Zhang et al., “A longitudinal diffusion tensor imaging study on Wallerian degeneration of corticospinal tract after motor pathway stroke,” NeuroImage, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 451–458, 2009.
- U. Rutishauser, “Influences of the neural cell adhesion molecule on axon growth and guidance,” Journal of Neuroscience Research, vol. 13, no. 1-2, pp. 123–131, 1985.
- C. Ide, “Nerve regeneration and Schwann cell basal lamina: observations of the long-term regeneration,” Archivum Histologicum Japonicum, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 243–257, 1983.
- Y. A. Barde, “Trophic factors and neuronal survival,” Neuron, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 1525–1534, 1989.
- J. H. Ye and J. D. Houle, “Treatment of the chronically injured spinal cord with neurotrophic factors can promote axonal regeneration from supraspinal neurons,” Experimental Neurology, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 70–81, 1997.
- A. Blesch, H. S. Uy, R. J. Grill, J. G. Cheng, P. H. Patterson, and M. H. Tuszynski, “Leukemia inhibitory factor augments neurotrophin expression and corticospinal axon growth after adult CNS injury,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 3556–3566, 1999.
- M. H. Tuszynski, K. Gabriel, F. H. Gage, S. Suhr, S. Meyer, and A. Rosetti, “Nerve growth factor delivery by gene transfer induces differential outgrowth of sensory, motor, and noradrenergic neurites after adult spinal cord injury,” Experimental Neurology, vol. 137, no. 1, pp. 157–173, 1996.
- L. Schnell, R. Schneider, R. Kolbeck, Y. A. Barde, and M. E. Schwab, “Neurotrophin-3 enhances sprouting of corticospinal tract during development and after adult spinal cord lesion,” Nature, vol. 367, no. 6459, pp. 170–173, 1994.
- A. Berger, R. Hierner, U. Rohde, and Z. L. Shen, “Diagnosis and treatment of peripheral nerve injury. The “integrated therapy” concept,” Unfallchirurg, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 59–68, 1999.
- S. Madduri and B. Gander, “Growth factor delivery systems and repair strategies for damaged peripheral nerves,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 161, no. 2, pp. 274–282, 2012.
- H. Sun, F. Xu, D. Guo, and H. Yu, “Preparation and evaluation of NGF-microsphere conduits for regeneration of defective nerves,” Neurological Research, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 491–497, 2012.
- B. G. Jiang, Y. Jiang, P. J. Li, et al., “Extract of the hedysarum polybotrys Hand-Ma22 promote Schwann cell differentiation in vitro,” Chinese Journal of Microsurgery, vol. 25, pp. 38–40, 2002.
- D. M. Yang, A. Li-ya, G. R. Wei, et al., “The effects of modified formula Radix Hedysari on the expression of bFGF, Trk and NGF in injuried sciatic nerve,” Chinese Journal of Clinical Rehabilitation, vol. 22, pp. 308–309, 2006.
- E. Ydens, A. Cauwels, B. Asselbergh, et al., “Acute injury in the peripheral nervous system triggers an alternative macrophage response,” Journal of Neuroinflammation, vol. 9, pp. 176–192, 2012.
- X. J. Mao and J. Z. Wang, “Immunomodulatory effects of Hedysari polysaccharides and Astragalus polysaccharide,” Chinese Pharmacological Bulletin, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 367–372, 1989.
- S. Patodia and G. Raivich, “Role of transcription factors in peripheral nerve regeneration,” Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience, vol. 5, article 8, 2012.
- J. P. Zhang, L. P. Guo, X. Y. Chen, et al., “Effect of Hedysarum polybotrys polysac charose on the cultivation of endothelial cells of human umbilical cord vessels,” Chinese Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 18, pp. 76–79, 1998.
- X. M. Cui, Z. P. Wang, Z. H. Zhang, et al., “Effect of Radix Hedysari polysaccharide (HPS) enhancing cytotoxicity of LAK cell on bladder cancer in vitro,” Pharmacology and Clinics of Chinese Materia Medica, vol. 14, pp. 19–20, 1998.
- Z. S. Jin, Y. D. Li, Y. Q. Ru, et al., “Influence of hedysari polybotrys polysaccharide on nitric oxide, nitric oxide synthase, superoxide dismutase, and malondialdehyde of renal tissue in diabetic rat,” Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine in Intensive and Critical Care, vol. 11, pp. 141–144, 2004.
- B. G. Jiang, X. F. Yin, D. Y. Zhang, Z. G. Fu, and H. B. Zhang, “Maximum number of collaterals developed by one axon during peripheral nerve regeneration and the influence of that number on reinnervation effects,” European Neurology, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 12–20, 2007.