- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 763631, 4 pages
Ear Acupressure, Heart Rate, and Heart Rate Variability in Patients with Insomnia
1Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine, Harbin 150040, China
2Stronach Research Unit for Complementary and Integrative Laser Medicine, Research Unit of Biomedical Engineering in Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, TCM Research Center Graz, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 29, 8036 Graz, Austria
Received 21 December 2012; Accepted 16 January 2013
Academic Editor: Wei He
Copyright © 2013 Lu Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. M. Morin, “The nature of insomnia and the need to refine our diagnostic criteria,” Psychosomatic Medicine, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 483–485, 2000.
- J. L. Sun, M. S. Sung, M. Y. Huang, G. C. Cheng, and C. C. Lin, “Effectiveness of acupressure for residents of long-term care facilities with insomnia: a randomized controlled trial,” International Journal of Nursing Studies, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 798–805, 2010.
- C. R. Soldatos, D. G. Dikeos, and T. J. Paparrigopoulos, “Athens Insomnia Scale: validation of an instrument based on ICD-10 criteria,” Journal of Psychosomatic Research, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 555–560, 2000.
- G. Litscher, “Modernization of traditional acupuncture using multimodal computer-based high-tech methods—recent results of blue laser and teleacupuncture from the Medical University of Graz,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 202–209, 2009.
- G. Litscher and D. Litscher, “‘Fire of Life’ analysis of heart rate variability during alpine skiing in Austria,” North American Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 258–262, 2010.
- G. Litscher and The Asian-Austrian High-Tech Acupuncture Research Network, “Transcontinental and translational high-tech acupuncture research using computer-based heart rate and “Fire of Life” heart rate variability analysis,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 156–164, 2010.
- G. Litscher, “Bioengineering assessment of acupuncture, part 7: heart rate variability,” Critical Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, vol. 35, no. 3-4, pp. 183–195, 2007.
- Task force of the European Society of Cardiology and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology, “Heart rate variability: standards of measurement, physiological interpretation and clinical use,” European Heart Journal, vol. 17, pp. 354–381, 1996.
- G. Litscher, G. Y. Cheng, L. Wang, et al., “Biomedical teleacupuncture between China and Austria using heart rate variability, part 2: patients with depression,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 145904, 5 pages, 2012.
- L. Wang, J. Valentini, K. Sugimoto, et al., “Biomedical teleacupuncture between China and Austria using heart rate variability, part 1: poststroke patients,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 782489, 2011.
- G. Litscher, G. Y. Cheng, W. P. Cheng, et al., “Sino-European transcontinental basic and clinical high-tech acupuncture studies, part 2: acute stimulation effects on heart rate and its variability in patients with insomnia,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 916085, 5 pages, 2012.
- J. Yan, Skills With Illustrations of Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Hunan Science & Technology Press, Changsha, China, 2006.
- X. Y. Gao, L. Wang, I. Gaischek, Y. Michenthaler, B. Zhu, and G. Litscher, “Brain-modulated effects of auricular acupressure on the regulation of autonomic function in healthy volunteers,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 714391, 8 pages, 2012.
- S. R. Sok and K. B. Kim, “Effects of auricular acupuncture on insomnia in Korean elderly,” Taehan Kanho Hakhoe chi, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 1014–1024, 2005.
- Y. Y. Kung, C. C. H. Yang, J. H. Chiu, and T. B. J. Kuo, “The relationship of subjective sleep quality and cardiac autonomic nervous system in postmenopausal women with insomnia under auricular acupressure,” Menopause, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 638–645, 2011.