- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 790792, 9 pages
Clearance of Free Silica in Rat Lungs by Spraying with Chinese Herbal Kombucha
1Tropical Crops Genetic Resources Institute, Chinese Academy of Tropical Agricultural Sciences, Hainan 571737, China
2Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region Institute for Chemical Toxicity Testing, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region Academy for the Prevention and Treatment of Occupational Disease, Guangxi 530021, China
Received 25 March 2013; Accepted 4 June 2013
Academic Editor: Tzeng-Ji Chen
Copyright © 2013 Nai-fang Fu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. M. Costantini, R. M. Gilberti, and D. A. Knecht, “The phagocytosis and toxicity of amorphous silica,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 2, Article ID e14647, 2011.
- W. Chen, Y. Liu, H. Wang et al., “Long-term exposure to silica dust and risk of total and cause-specific mortality in Chinese workers: a cohort study,” PLoS Medicine, vol. 9, no. 4, Article ID e1001206, 2012.
- Ministry of Health of the People's Republic of China, Annual Health Statistical Report in 2009, Ministry of Health of the People's Republic of China, Beijing, China, 2009.
- World Health Organization Global Occupational Health Network, Elimination of Silicosis. Gohnet Newsletter 12, World Health Organization Global Occupational Health Network, Geneva, Switzerland, 2007.
- US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Health Effects of Occupational Exposure to Respirable Crystalline Silica, US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC, USA, 2002.
- T. Kauppinen, J. Toikkanen, A. Savela et al., “Occupational exposure to carcinogens in the European Union,” Occupational and Environmental Medicine, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 10–18, 2000.
- C. J. Greenwalt, K. H. Steinkraus, and R. A. Ledford, “Kombucha, the fermented tea: microbiology, composition, and claimed health effects,” Journal of Food Protection, vol. 63, no. 7, pp. 976–981, 2000.
- P. Ross, R. Mayer, and M. Benziman, “Cellulose biosynthesis and function in bacteria,” Microbiological Reviews, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 35–38, 1991.
- S. J. Tang, X. X. Yang, and F. Hong, “Production of bacterial cellulose by Kombucha,” Journal of Cellulose Science and Technology, vol. 20, pp. 40–45, 2012.
- C. L. Zhu, F. Li, and Q. S. You, “Preparation of nanometer biomaterial bacterial cellulose and observation of its ultra-structure,” Journal of Biomedical Engineering Research, vol. 27, pp. 287–290, 2008.
- M. E. Argun, S. Dursun, C. Ozdemir, and M. Karatas, “Heavy metal adsorption by modified oak sawdust: thermodynamics and kinetics,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 141, no. 1, pp. 77–85, 2007.
- S. Chen, Y. Zou, Z. Yan et al., “Carboxymethylated-bacterial cellulose for copper and lead ion removal,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 161, no. 2-3, pp. 1355–1359, 2009.
- T. Oshima, K. Kondo, K. Ohto, K. Inoue, and Y. Baba, “Preparation of phosphorylated bacterial cellulose as an adsorbent for metal ions,” Reactive and Functional Polymers, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 376–383, 2008.
- M. Lu and X. H. Guan, “Adsorption mechanism of bacterial cellulose to heavy metal ions,” Chemical Engineering, vol. 40, pp. 29–33, 2012.
- H. Zhou, D. P. Sun, C. L. Zhu, and C. Y. Xu, “Study on the adsorption of noxious substances in human body by bacterial cellulose,” Journal of Cellulose Science and Technology, vol. 17, pp. 41–46, 2009.
- Y. Q. Wang and Q. S. Zhang, “Study on the absorption property for formaldehyde by bacterial cellulose,” Jiangsu Construction, vol. 3, pp. 67–70, 2011.
- M. F. Zhang and Y. Q. Shen, “Effects of licorice and its extracts on respiratory system,” Drugs & Clinic, vol. 25, pp. 262–267, 2010.
- M. Menegazzi, R. Di Paola, E. Mazzon et al., “Glycyrrhizin attenuates the development of carrageenan-induced lung injury in mice,” Pharmacological Research, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 22–31, 2008.
- Y. Chen and E. L. Jia, “The research progress of the chemical constituents and pharmacological action of Momordica grosvenori,” Pharmaceutical Journal of Chinese People's Liberation Arm, vol. 27, pp. 171–174, 2011.
- J. Li, P. B. Li, and G. J. Yuan, “The antitussive effect of water extrat of grosvenor momordica fruit,” Journal of Hainan Medical College, vol. 14, pp. 16–18, 2008.
- A. Rajic, T. Akihisa, M. Ukiya et al., “Inhibition of trypsin and chymotrypsin by anti-inflammatory triterpenoids from Compositae flowers,” Planta Medica, vol. 67, no. 7, pp. 599–604, 2001.
- C.-L. Shen, J. K. Yeh, J. J. Cao, O. L. Tatum, R. Y. Dagda, and J.-S. Wang, “Synergistic effects of green tea polyphenols and alphacalcidol on chronic inflammation-induced bone loss in female rats,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1841–1852, 2010.
- A. Lu, J. Yin, X. Hu, P. Zhang, and B. Hu, “A study on morphology of tea fungus and inhibition effect of its culture fluid,” Journal of Xuzhou Normal University, vol. 22, pp. 73–75, 2004.
- Q.-M. Xie, H.-F. Tang, J.-Q. Chen, and R.-L. Bian, “Pharmacological actions of tetrandrine in inflammatory pulmonary diseases,” Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 1107–1113, 2002.
- W. Faxuan, Z. Qin, Z. Dinglun et al., “Altered microRNAs expression profiling in experimental silicosis rats,” The Journal of Toxicological Sciences, vol. 37, pp. 1207–1215, 2012.
- H.-S. Gao, R. Xue, P. Ding et al., “Cross-talk of the related bioactivity mediators in serum after injection of soluble TNF-α receptor on silicosis model of rats,” Toxicology and Industrial Health, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 607–616, 2011.
- X. Wang, Y. Chen, L. Lv, and J. Chen, “Silencing CD36 gene expression results in the inhibition of latent-TGF-β1 activation and suppression of silica-induced lung fibrosis in the rat,” Respiratory Research, vol. 10, article 36, 2009.
- X. T. Wang, J. Liu, L. H. Liu, and J. Y. Zhao, “Analysis of influencing factors on infrared spectroscopic determination of the content of free silica in quartz sand,” Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi, vol. 29, pp. 622–625, 2011.
- Y. He, Q. Miao, and B. Liu, “Effects of polyvinylpyridine oxide on gene expression of type I and III collagens in experimental silicosis,” Chinese Pharmaceutical Journal, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 271–273, 1995.
- Z. P. Chen, W. G. Su, and S. Yan, “Therapeutic effect of Tetrandrine on patients with pneumoconiosis,” Journal of Clinical Pulmonary Medicine, vol. 17, pp. 1226–1227, 2012.
- J. Gao, Z. Zhang, X. Ji, et al., “Further discussion on the indications and contraindications in whole-lung lavage,” Occupation and Health, vol. 27, pp. 410–412, 2011.
- Z. H. Zhang, H. Liu, and G. X. Ma, “Clinical analysis of the 5000 cases of pneumoconiosis and other lung disorders treated by large volume whole lung lavage treatment,” Chinese Journal of Convalescent Medicine, vol. 10, pp. 956–960, 2009.
- Q. F. Zhang, Z. Zhang, G. G. Mao, Q. zhang, and Y. Du, “Data analysis and experimental study on pathogenic therapy or lung lavage for dust removal,” Occupational Medicine, vol. 27, pp. 4–6, 2000.