- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 801501, 10 pages
Predicting In Silico Which Mixtures of the Natural Products of Plants Might Most Effectively Kill Human Leukemia Cells?
1Faculty of Agriculture Research Park (FARP) and Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University, Giza 12513, Egypt
2Department of Clinical Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Cairo University, Giza 12513, Egypt
3Genomics Core Facility, Department of Plant Soil and Agricultural Systems, SIUC, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
Received 4 September 2012; Revised 6 December 2012; Accepted 10 December 2012
Academic Editor: Shun-Wan Chan
Copyright © 2013 Hany A. El-Shemy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Wink, A. W. Alfermann, R. Franke et al., “Sustainable bioproduction of phytochemicals by plant in vitro cultures: anticancer agents,” Plant Genetic Resources, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 90–100, 2005.
- S. Mishra, B. Zhang, J. M. Cunnick, N. Heisterkamp, and J. Groffen, “Resistance to imatinib of Bcr/Abl P190 lymphoblastic leukemia cells,” Cancer Research, vol. 66, no. 10, pp. 5387–5393, 2006.
- R. Mungur, A. D. M. Glass, D. B. Goodenow, and D. A. Lightfoot, “Metabolite fingerprinting in transgenic Nicotiana tabacum altered by the Escherichia coli glutamate dehydrogenase gene,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2005, no. 2, pp. 198–214, 2005.
- D. J. Barlow, A. Buriani, T. Ehrman, E. Bosisio, I. Eberini, and P. J. Hylands, “In-silico studies in Chinese herbal medicines’ research: evaluation of in-silico methodologies and phytochemical data sources, and a review of research to date,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 140, pp. 526–534, 2012.
- H. Sheridan, L. Krenn, R. Jiang et al., “The potential of metabolic fingerprinting as a tool for the modernisation of TCM preparations,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 140, pp. 482–491, 2012.
- X. Chen, Z. J. Zhan, X. W. Zhang, J. Ding, and J. M. Yue, “Sesquiterpene lactones with potent cytotoxic activities from Vernonia chinensis,” Planta Medica, vol. 71, no. 10, pp. 949–954, 2005.
- H. A. El-Shemy, A. M. Aboul-Enein, K. M. Aboul-Enein, and K. Fujita, “Willow leaves' extracts contain anti-tumor agents effective against three cell types,” PLoS ONE, vol. 2, no. 1, article e178, 2007.
- F. Cervantes, F. Passamonti, and G. Barosi, “Life expectancy and prognostic factors in the classic BCR/ABL-negative myeloproliferative disorders,” Leukemia, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 905–914, 2008.
- H. A. El-Shemy, M. A. M. Aboul-Soud, A. A. Nassr-Allah, K. M. Aboul-Enein, A. Kabash, and A. Yagi, “Antitumor properties and modulation of antioxidant enzymes' activity by Aloe vera leaf active principles isolated via supercritical carbon dioxide extraction,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 129–138, 2010.
- M. Campillos, M. Kuhn, A. C. Gavin, L. J. Jensen, and P. Bork, “Drug target identification using side-effect similarity,” Science, vol. 321, no. 5886, pp. 263–266, 2008.
- X. Gao, Y. X. Xu, G. Divine, N. Janakiraman, R. A. Chapman, and S. C. Gautam, “Disparate in vitro and in vivo antileukemic effects of resveratrol, a natural polyphenolic compound found in grapes,” Journal of Nutrition, vol. 132, no. 7, pp. 2076–2081, 2002.
- A. D. Kinghorn, E. J. Carcache de Blanco, H.-B Chai, et al., “Discovery of anticancer agents of diverse natural origins,” Pure and Applied Chemistry, vol. 81, no. 1051, 1063 pages, 2009.
- J. H. Won, J. S. Park, H. H. Ju, S. Kim, H. Suh-Kim, and S. H. Ghil, “The alpha subunit of Go interacts with promyelocytic leukemia zinc finger protein and modulates its functions,” Cellular Signalling, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 884–891, 2008.
- N. Fazlina, A. Maha, A. L. Zarina et al., “Assessment of P-gp and MRP1 activities using MultiDrugQuant Assay Kit: a preliminary study of correlation between protein expressions and its functional activities in newly diagnosed acute leukaemia patients,” The Malaysian Journal of Pathology, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 87–93, 2008.
- M. S. Brassesco, A. P. Montaldi, D. E. Gras et al., “Cytogenetic and molecular analysis of MLL rearrangements in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia survivors,” Mutagenesis, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 153–160, 2009.
- M. Buchert, C. Darido, E. Lagerqvist et al., “The symplekin/ZONAB complex inhibits intestinal cell differentiation by the repression of AML1/Runx1,” Gastroenterology, vol. 137, no. 1, pp. 156–164, 2009.
- D. Yamasaki, T. Nakamura, N. Okamura et al., “Effects of acid and lactone forms of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase inhibitors on the induction of MDR1 expression and function in LS180 cells,” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 126–132, 2009.
- T. Nabekura, T. Yamaki, and S. Kitagawa, “Effects of chemopreventive citrus phytochemicals on human P-glycoprotein and multidrug resistance protein 1,” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 600, no. 1–3, pp. 45–49, 2008.
- M. Bobrowska-Hägerstrand, M. Lillås, L. Mrówczyñska et al., “Resveratrol oligomers are potent MRP1 transport inhibitors,” Anticancer Research, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 2081–2084, 2006.
- R. Zhao, T. J. Raub, G. A. Sawada et al., “Breast cancer resistance protein interacts with various compounds in vitro, but plays a minor role in substrate efflux at the blood-brain barrier,” Drug Metabolism and Disposition, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1251–1258, 2009.
- N. Niitsu, Y. Hayashi, and Y. Honma, “Downregulation of MLL-CBP fusion gene expression is associated with differentiation of SN-1 cells with t(11;16)(q23;p13),” Oncogene, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 375–384, 2001.
- Z. Gao, H. Li, H. Zhang et al., “PDTD: a web-accessible protein database for drug target identification,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 9, article 104, 2008.
- D. L. Stirewalt, S. Meshinchi, K. J. Kopecky et al., “Identification of genes with abnormal expression changes in acute myeloid leukemia,” Genes Chromosomes and Cancer, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 8–20, 2008.
- R. Majeti, M. W. Becker, Q. Tian et al., “Dysregulated gene expression networks in human acute myelogenous leukemia stem cells,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 106, no. 9, pp. 3396–3401, 2009.
- S. Nacu, R. Critchley-Thorne, P. Lee, and S. Holmes, “Gene expression network analysis and applications to immunology,” Bioinformatics, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 850–858, 2007.
- H. A. El-Shemy, A. M. Aboul-Enein, M. I. Aboul-Enein, S. I. Issa, and K. Fujita, “The effect of willow leaf extracts on human leukemic cells in vitro,” Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 387–389, 2003.
- D. Calzolari, S. Bruschi, L. Coquin et al., “Search algorithms as a framework for the optimization of drug combinations,” PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 4, no. 12, Article ID e1000249, 2008.