- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 851267, 11 pages
Antihyperglycemic Effects of Short Term Resveratrol Supplementation in Type 2 Diabetic Patients
1Department of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, The Persian Gulf Tropical Medicine Research Center, Bushehr, University of Medical Sciences, Bushehr 7514763448, Iran
2Heart Failure Research Laboratory, Canadian Centre for Agri-Food Research in Health and Medicine, St. Boniface Research Centre, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R2H 2A6
3Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 2M9
4Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3E 0J9
Received 13 June 2013; Accepted 25 July 2013
Academic Editor: MinKyun Na
Copyright © 2013 Ali Movahed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kai Liu, Rui Zhou, Bin Wang, and Man-Tian Mi, “Effect of resveratrol on glucose control and insulin sensitivity: a meta-analysis:of 11 randomized controlled trials,” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 99, no. 6, pp. 1510–1519, 2014.
- Stephen D. Anton, Chelsea Embry, Michael Marsiske, Xiaomin Lu, Hani Doss, Christiaan Leeuwenburgh, and Todd M. Manini, “Safety and metabolic outcomes of resveratrol supplementation in older adults: results of a twelve-week, placebo-controlled pilot study,” Experimental Gerontology, 2014.
- Yanxia Liu, Wanqiang Ma, Po Zhang, Shunchuan He, and Daifa Huang, “Effect of resveratrol on blood pressure: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials,” Clinical Nutrition, 2014.
- Thais Fernandes Luciano, Scherolin de Oliveira Marques, Bruno Luiz da Silva Pieri, Daniela Roxo de Souza, Fabio Santos de Lira, and Claudio Teodoro de Souza, “Resveratrol reduces chronic inflammation and improves insulin action in the myocardium of high-fat diet-induced obese rats,” Revista de Nutricao-Brazilian Journal of Nutrition, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 151–159, 2014.
- Veronique S. Chachay, Graeme A. Macdonald, Jennifer H. Martin, Jonathan P. Whitehead, Trisha M. O'Moore–Sullivan, Paul Lee, Michael Franklin, Kerenaftali Klein, Paul J. Taylor, Maree Ferguson, Jeff S. Coombes, Gethin P. Thomas, Gary J. Cowin, Carl M.J. Kirkpatrick, Johannes B. Prins, and Ingrid J. Hickman, “Resveratrol Does Not Benefit Patients With Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2014.
- H-H Chow, Linda L Garland, Brandy M Heckman-Stoddard, Chiu-Hsieh Hsu, Valerie D Butler, Catherine A Cordova, Wade M Chew, and Terri L Cornelison, “A pilot clinical study of resveratrol in postmenopausal women with high body mass index: effects on systemic sex steroid hormones,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 223, 2014.