- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 851940, 11 pages
Application of Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy to Comparative Examination of Different Groups of Free Radicals in Thermal Injuries Treated with Propolis and Silver Sulphadiazine
1Department of Community Pharmacy, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, 41-200 Sosnowiec, Poland
2Department of Biophysics, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, 41-200 Sosnowiec, Poland
3Institute of Computer Science, University of Silesia, 41-200 Sosnowiec, Poland
4Department of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, 41-200 Sosnowiec, Poland
5Center of Experimental Medicine, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, 40-752 Katowice, Poland
Received 4 April 2013; Accepted 1 May 2013
Academic Editor: Ewelina Szliszka
Copyright © 2013 Pawel Olczyk et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Singh, L. Devgan, S. Bhat, and S. M. Milner, “The pathogenesis of burn wound conversion,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 109–115, 2007.
- N. K. Upadhyay, R. Kumar, M. S. Siddiqui, and A. Gupta, “Mechanism of wound-healing activity of hippophae rhamnoides L. leaf extract in experimental burns,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 659705, 9 pages, 2011.
- S. Guo and L. A. DiPietro, “Factors affecting wound healing,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 219–229, 2010.
- M. J. Hoekstra, P. Hupkens, R. P. Dutrieux, M. M. C. Bosch, T. A. Brans, and R. W. Kreis, “A comparative burn wound model in the New Yorkshire pig for the histopathological evaluation of local therapeutic regimens: silver sulfadiazine cream as a standard,” The British Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 46, no. 7, pp. 585–589, 1993.
- T. A. Brans, R. P. Dutrieux, M. J. Hoekstra, R. W. Kreis, and J. S. du Pont, “Histopathological evaluation of scalds and contact burns in the pig model,” Burns, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. S48–S51, 1994.
- K. Gunjan, Ch. Shobha, Ch. Sheetal, H. Nanda, C. Vikrant, and D. S. Chitnis, “A comparative study of the effect of different topical agents on burn wound infections,” Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 374–378, 2012.
- J. E. Wertz and J. R. Bolton, Electron Spin Resonance: Elementary Theory and Practical Applications, Chapman and Hall, New York, NY, USA, 1986.
- G. R. Eaton, S. S. Eaton, and K. M. Salikhov, Foundations of Modern EPR, World Scientific, Singapore, 1998.
- D. Q. Wang, “Least squares-based recursive and iterative estimation for output error moving average systems using data filtering,” IET Control Theory and Applications, vol. 5, no. 14, pp. 1648–1657, 2011.
- S. Wang, R. J. Inkol, and S. Rajan, “Patenaude,” François, pp. 1424–1438, 2010.
- T. Takahama and S. Sakai, “Constrained optimization by applying the α constrained method to the nonlinear simplex method with mutations,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 437–451, 2005.
- M. C. Tan, W. S. C. Guangzhou, J. M. Xu, Z. R. Guan, and P. Zhang, “An aggregation approach to short-term traffic flow prediction,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 60–69, 2009.
- R. R. Chan and S. D. Sudhoff, “An Evolutionary computing approach to robust design in the presence of uncertainties,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 900–912, 2010.
- J. Dong, B. Jiao, and L. Chen, “A new hybrid HS-DY conjugate gradient method,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Joint Conference on Computational Sciences and Optimization (CSO '11), pp. 94–98, 2011.
- N. Khan, S. P. Mupparaju, D. Mintzopoulos et al., “Burn trauma in skeletal muscle results in oxidative stress as assessed by in vivo electron paramagnetic resonance,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 1, no. 6, pp. 813–819, 2008.
- D. E. Befroy, D. E. Rothman, K. F. Petersen, and G. I. Shulman, “31P-magnetization transfer magnetic resonance spectroscopy measurements of in vivo metabolism,” Diabetes, vol. 61, no. 11, pp. 1927–1934, 2012.
- Q. Xia, M. D. Boudreau, Y. -T. Zhou, J. J. Yin, and P. P. Fu, “UVB photoirradiation of Aloe vera—formation of free radicals, singlet oxygen, superoxide, and induction of lipid peroxidation,” Journal of Food and Drug Analysis, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 396–402, 2011.
- B. A. Jurkiewicz and G. R. Buettner, “EPR detection of free radicals in UV-irradiated skin: mouse versus human,” Photochemistry and Photobiology, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 918–922, 1996.