- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 901943, 15 pages
Network-Based Biomarkers for Cold Coagulation Blood Stasis Syndrome and the Therapeutic Effects of Shaofu Zhuyu Decoction in Rats
1Jiangsu Key Laboratory for High Technology Research of TCM Formulae, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210046, China
2College of Pharmacy, State Key Laboratory of Medicinal Chemical Biology, Tianjin Key Laboratory of Molecular Drug Research, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Received 25 May 2013; Accepted 1 August 2013
Academic Editor: Aiping Lu
Copyright © 2013 Shulan Su et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Xue and R. Roy, “Studying traditional Chinese medicine,” Science, vol. 300, no. 5620, pp. 740–741, 2003.
- S. Li, Z. Q. Zhang, L. J. Wu, X. G. Zhang, Y. D. Li, and Y. Y. Wang, “Understanding ZHENG in traditional Chinese medicine in the context of neuro-endocrine-immune network,” IET Systems Biology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 51–60, 2007.
- S. B. Su, A. P. Lu, S. Li, and W. Jia, “Evidence-based ZHENG: a traditional chinese medicine syndrome,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 246538, 2 pages, 2012.
- F. Liao, “Herbs of activating blood circulation to remove blood stasis,” Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation, vol. 23, no. 2–4, pp. 127–131, 2000.
- X.-J. Ma, H.-J. Yin, and K.-J. Chen, “Investigation of gene expression profiles in patients with blood stasis syndrome,” Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 355–360, 2008.
- S. L. Su, J. A. Duan, T. J. Wang, and Y. P. Tang, “Evaluating the effects of Shaofu Zhuyu Decoction on hemorheology and ovarian function in rat model of Han-Ning blood stasis,” Chinese Journal of Experimental Traditional Medicine Formula, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 14–34, 2008 (Chinese).
- J. Zhang and C. L. Sun, “Application in gynecology diseases of Shaofu Zhuyu decoction,” Chinese Journal of Natural Medicine, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 109–112, 2002 (Chinese).
- M. Fan, “Clinical observation of Shaofu Zhuyu decotiong for treating primary dysmenorrhea of cold coagulation and blood stasis,” Beijing Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 455–456, 2011 (Chinese).
- Q. Q. Cheng and Y. Zhu, “Clinical study on primary dysmenorrheal of blood—stasis of cold-coagulation syndrome treated with modified Shaofu Zhuyu decoction,” Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1249–1250 (Chinese).
- J. K. Nicholson and I. D. Wilson, “Understanding “global” systems biology: metabonomics and the continuum of metabolism,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 668–676, 2003.
- C.-X. Liu, “Metabonomics in medical and pharmaceutical research,” Acta Academiae Medicinae Sinicae, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 712–718, 2007.
- X. Wang, B. Yang, A. Zhang, H. Sun, and G. Yan, “Potential drug targets on insomnia and intervention effects of Jujuboside A through metabolic pathway analysis as revealed by UPLC/ESI-SYNAPT-HDMS coupled with pattern recognition approach,” Journal of Proteomics, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 1411–1427, 2012.
- Y. H. Lu, H. P. Hao, G. J. Wang, and X. H. Chen, “Metabolomics approach to the biochemical differentiation of traditional Chinese medicine syndrome types of hypertension,” Chinese Journal of Clinical Pharmacology Therapeutics, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 1144–1150, 2007 (Chinese).
- P. Gong, N. Cui, L. Wu et al., “Chemicalome and metabolome matching approach to elucidating biological metabolic networks of complex mixtures,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 84, no. 6, pp. 2995–3002, 2012.
- X. Wang, H. Wang, A. Zhang et al., “Metabolomics study on the toxicity of aconite root and its processed products using ultraperformance liquid-chromatography/electrospray-ionization synapt high-definition mass spectrometry coupled with pattern recognition approach and ingenuity pathways analysis,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 1284–1301, 2012.
- H. Y. Zhao, J. Li, X. J. He et al., “The protective effect of Yi Shen Juan Bi Pill in arthritic rats with castration-induced kidney deficiency,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 102641, 8 pages, 2012.
- J. Li, C. Lu, M. Jiang et al., “Traditional Chinese Medicine-based network pharmacology could lead to new multicompound drug discovery,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 149762, 11 pages, 2012.
- S. Li and B. Zhang, “Traditional Chinese medicine network pharmacology: theory, methodology and application,” Chinese Journal of Natural Medicines, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 110–120, 2013.
- B. Zhang, X. Wang, and S. Li, “An integrative platform of TCM network pharmacology and its application on an herbal formula, Qing-Luo-Yin,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, Article ID 456747, 12 pages, 2013.
- S. Li, B. Zhang, and N. Zhang, “Network target for screening synergistic drug combinations with application to traditional Chinese medicine,” BMC Systems Biology, vol. 5, supplement 1, article S10, 2011.
- S. Li, B. Zhang, D. Jiang, Y. Wei, and N. Zhang, “Herb network construction and co-module analysis for uncovering the combination rule of traditional Chinese herbal formulae,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 11, supplement 11, article S6, 2010.
- S. Li, “Network systems underlying traditional Chinese medicine syndrome and herb formula,” Current Bioinformatics, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 188–196, 2009.
- S. L. Su, W. X. Cui, J. A. Duan et al., “UHPLC-MS simultaneous determination and pharmacokinetic study of three aromatic acids and one monoterpene in rat plasma after oral administration of Shaofu Zhuyu Decoction,” The American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 697–715, 2013.
- S. Su, J. Guo, J.-A. Duan et al., “Ultra-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry analysis of the bioactive components and their metabolites of Shaofu Zhuyu decoction active extract in rat plasma,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 878, no. 3-4, pp. 355–362, 2010.
- H.-X. Li, S.-Y. Han, X.-W. Wang et al., “Effect of the carthamins yellow from Carthamus tinctorius L. on hemorheological disorders of blood stasis in rats,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 1797–1802, 2009.
- E. M. Lenz and I. D. Wilson, “Analytical strategies in metabonomics,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 443–458, 2007.
- G. S. Catchpole, M. Beckmann, D. P. Enot et al., “Hierarchical metabolomics demonstrates substantial compositional similarity between genetically modified and conventional potato crops,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 102, no. 40, pp. 14458–14462, 2005.
- J.-Y. Liu, N. Li, J. Yang et al., “Metabolic profiling of murine plasma reveals an unexpected biomarker in rofecoxib-mediated cardiovascular events,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 107, no. 39, pp. 17017–17022, 2010.
- K. Suhre, S. Y. Shin, A. K. Petersen, et al., “Human metabolic individuality in biomedical and pharmaceutical research,” Nature, vol. 477, no. 7326, pp. 54–60, 2011.
- D. D. Andersona, C. M. Quintero, and P. J. Stovera, “Identification of a de novo thymidylate biosynthesis pathway in mammalian mitochondria,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 108, no. 37, pp. 15163–15168, 2011.
- A. M. Cypess, Y. C. Chen, C. Sze et al., “Cold but not sympathomimetics activates human brown adipose tissue in vivo,” Proceeding of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America, vol. 109, no. 25, pp. 10001–10005, 2012.
- L. Arborelius, M. J. Owens, P. M. Plotsky, and C. B. Nemeroff, “The role of corticotropin-releasing factor in depression and anxiety disorders,” Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 160, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 1999.
- W. Y. Chan and M. Y. Dawood, “Prostaglandin levels in menstrual fluid of nondysmenorrheic and of dysmenorrheic subjects with and without oral contraceptive or ibuprofen therapy,” Advances in prostaglandin and thromboxane research, vol. 8, pp. 1443–1447, 1980.
- A. Spalding, H. Vaitkevicius, S. Dill, S. MacKenzie, A. Schmaier, and W. Lockette, “Mechanism of epinephrine-induced platelet aggregation,” Hypertension, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 603–607, 1998.
- K. Kim, C. C. Sung, A. Cova, I. S. Jang, and S. C. Park, “Alterations of epinephrine-induced gluconeogenesis in aging,” Experimental and Molecular Medicine, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 334–340, 2009.
- B. H. Sung, M. F. Wilson, C. Robinson, U. Thadani, and W. R. Lovallo, “Mechanisms of myocardial ischemia induced by epinephrine: comparison with exercise-induced ischemia,” Psychosomatic Medicine, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 381–393, 1988.
- B. Shen, K.-T. Cheng, Y.-K. Leung et al., “Epinephrine-induced Ca2+ influx in vascular endothelial cells is mediated by CNGA2 channels,” Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 437–445, 2008.
- X. Wang, B. Yang, H. Sun, and A. Zhang, “Pattern recognition approaches and computational systems tools for ultra performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry-based comprehensive metabolomic profiling and pathways analysis of biological data sets,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 428–439, 2012.
- S. L. Su, J. A. Duan, P. J. Wang et al., “Metabolomic study of biochemical changes in the plasma and urine of primary dysmenorrhea patients using UPLC−MS coupled with a pattern recognition approach,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 852–865, 2013.
- T. Ma, C. Tan, H. Zhang, M. Wang, W. Ding, and S. Li, “Bridging the gap between traditional Chinese medicine and systems biology: the connection of cold syndrome and NEI network,” Molecular BioSystems, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 613–619, 2010.