- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 957030, 13 pages
Metabolism of Genipin in Rat and Identification of Metabolites by Using Ultraperformance Liquid Chromatography/Quadrupole Time-of-Flight Tandem Mass Spectrometry
1Experiment Center for Teaching and Learning, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
2School of Pharmacy, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
3Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
Received 17 October 2012; Accepted 10 February 2013
Academic Editor: Wei Jia
Copyright © 2013 Yue Ding et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Akao, K. Kobashi, and M. Aburada, “Enzymic studies on the animal and intestinal bacterial metabolism of geniposide,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 1573–1576, 1994.
- Y. S. Yang, T. Zhang, S. C. Yu et al., “Transformation of geniposide into genipin by immobilized β-glucosidase in a two-phase aqueous-organic system,” Molecules, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 4295–4304, 2011.
- R. J. Mailloux, C. N. K. Adjeitey, and M. E. Harper, “Genipin-induced inhibition of uncoupling protein-2 sensitizes drug-resistant cancer cells to cytotoxic agents,” PLoS ONE, vol. 5, no. 10, Article ID e13289, 2010.
- H. Cao, Q. Feng, W. Xu et al., “Genipin induced apoptosis associated with activation of the c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase and p53 protein in HeLa cells,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1343–1348, 2010.
- M. Tanaka, M. Yamazaki, and K. Chiba, “Neuroprotective action of genipin on tunicamycin-induced cytotoxicity in neuro2a cells,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 1220–1223, 2009.
- H. Goto and H. Takikawa, “Effect of genipin on cholestasis induced by estradiol-17β-glucuronide and lithocholate-3-O-glucuornide in rats,” Hepatology Research, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 524–529, 2010.
- H. J. Koo, Y. S. Song, H. J. Kim et al., “Antiinflammatory effects of genipin, an active principle of gardenia,” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 495, no. 2-3, pp. 201–208, 2004.
- H. J. Koo, K. H. Lim, H. J. Jung, and E. H. Park, “Anti-inflammatory evaluation of gardenia extract, geniposide and genipin,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. 496–500, 2006.
- K. N. Nam, Y. S. Choi, H. J. Jung et al., “Genipin inhibits the inflammatory response of rat brain microglial cells,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 493–499, 2010.
- F. Mwale, M. Iordanova, C. N. Demers, T. Steffen, P. Roughley, and J. Antoniou, “Biological evaluation of chitosan salts cross-linked to genipin as a cell scaffold for disk tissue engineering,” Tissue Engineering, vol. 11, no. 1-2, pp. 130–140, 2005.
- R. Harris, E. Lecumberri, and A. Heras, “Chitosan-genipin microspheres for the controlled release of drugs: clarithromycin, tramadol and heparin,” Marine Drugs, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1750–1762, 2010.
- Y. Ding, T. Zhang, J. S. Tao, B. Tan, C. R. Guo, and L. Yang, “HPLC-MS/MS method to determine genipin in rat plasma after hydrolysis with sulfatase and its application to a pharmacokinetic study,” Biomedical Chromatography, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 816–825, 2012.
- S. Takeda, T. Endo, and M. Aburada, “Pharmacological studies on iridoid compounds. III. The choleretic mechanism of iridoid compounds,” Journal of Pharmacobio-Dynamics, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 612–623, 1981.