- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 972863, 10 pages
Proteomic Analysis of the Effect of Fuzheng Huayu Recipe on Fibrotic Liver in Rats
1Institute of Liver Diseases, Shuguang Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
2Taizhou Municipal Hospital, Taizhou, Zhejiang 318000, China
3E-Institute of TCM Internal Medicine, Shanghai Municipal Education Commission, Shanghai 201203, China
4Shanghai Key Laboratory of Traditional Chinese Clinical Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
Received 19 October 2012; Accepted 4 December 2012
Academic Editor: Khalid Rahman
Copyright © 2013 Hongdong Xie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Bataller and D. A. Brenner, “Liver fibrosis,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 115, no. 2, pp. 209–218, 2005.
- K. Wallace, A. D. Burt, and M. C. Wright, “Liver fibrosis,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 411, no. 1, pp. 1–18, 2008.
- S. L. Friedman, D. C. Rockey, and D. M. Bissell, “Hepatic fibrosis 2006: report of the Third AASLD Single Topic Conference,” Hepatology, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 242–249, 2007.
- J. Iredale, “Recent developments in targeting liver fibrosis,” Clinical Medicine, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 29–31, 2008.
- S. Lotersztajn, B. Julien, F. Teixeira-Clerc, P. Grenard, and A. Mallat, “Hepatic fibrosis: molecular mechanisms and drug targets,” Annual Review of Pharmacology and Toxicology, vol. 45, pp. 605–628, 2005.
- W. Jia, W. Y. Gao, Y. Q. Yan et al., “The rediscovery of ancient Chinese herbal formulas,” Phytotherapy Research, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 681–686, 2004.
- D. Normile, “Asian medicine. The new face of traditional Chinese medicine,” Science, vol. 299, no. 5604, pp. 188–190, 2003.
- M. Gao, C. Deng, S. Lin et al., “Recent developments and contributions from Chinese scientists in multidimensional separations for proteomics and traditional Chinese medicines,” Journal of Separation Science, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 785–791, 2007.
- C. Liu, Y. Hu, L. Xu, C. Liu, and P. Liu, “Effect of Fuzheng Huayu formula and its actions against liver fibrosis,” Chinese Medicine, vol. 4, article 12, 2009.
- C. M. Jiang and C. Liu, “Interference of "resistance-strengthening and stasis-dispersing formula" on activation channel of para-secretion and auto-secretion in hepatic stallate cells,” Acta Universitatis Traditionis Medicalis Sinensis Pharmacologiaeque Shanghai, vol. 16, pp. 51–53, 2002.
- C. H. Liu, X. L. Wang, P. Liu, H. T. Gu, and Y. Y. Hu, “A study on Fu Zheng Hua Yu Fang and its ingredients on production of collagen in the liver,” Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 41, pp. 620–622, 2000.
- X. L. Wang, P. Liu, C. H. Liu, and C. Liu, “Effects of coordination of FZHY decoction on functions of hepatocytes and hepatic satellate cells,” World Chinese Journal of Digestology, vol. 7, pp. 663–665, 1999.
- G. Ji, P. Liu, Y. Y. Hu, J. H. Hong, C. H. Liu, and C. Liu, “Hepatocyte function changes during acute injury by CC14 fumingating and regulation of Fuzhenghuayu decoction serum,” Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine on Liver Diseases, vol. 8, pp. 215–218, 1998.
- Y. Y. Hu, C. Liu, P. Liu, H. T. Gu, G. Ji, and X. L. Wang, “Anti fibrosis and anti peroxidation of lipid effects of Fuzhenghuayu decoction on rat liver induced by CCl4,” Chinese Journal of New Gastroenterology, vol. 5, pp. 485–486, 1997.
- C. M. Jiang, C. Liu, C. H. Liu, and Y. Y. Hu, “Effect of Fuzheng Huayu decoction (FZHYF) on the function of Kupffer cells from acute injury liver induced by CCl4,” Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine on Liver Diseases, vol. 10, pp. 26–28, 2000.
- P. Liu, Y. Y. Hu, C. Liu et al., “Multicenter clinical study on Fuzhenghuayu capsule against liver fibrosis due to chronic hepatitis B,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 11, no. 19, pp. 2892–2899, 2005.
- L. Ala-Kokko, T. Pihlajaniemi, J. C. Myers, K. I. Kivirikko, and E. R. Savolainen, “Gene expression of type I, III and IV collagens in hepatic fibrosis induced by dimethylnitrosamine in the rat,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 244, no. 1, pp. 75–79, 1987.
- L. R. Yu, X. X. Shao, W. L. Jiang et al., “Proteome alterations in human hepatoma cells transfected with antisense epidermal growth factor receptor sequence,” Electrophoresis, vol. 22, no. 14, pp. 3001–3008, 2001.
- L. R. Yu, R. Zeng, X. X. Shao, N. Wang, Y. H. Xu, and Q. C. Xia, “Identification of differentially expressed proteins between human hepatoma and normal liver cell lines by two-dimensional electrophoresis and liquid chromatography-ion trap mass spectrometry,” Electrophoresis, vol. 21, no. 14, pp. 3058–3068, 2000.
- T. A. Wynn, “Cellular and molecular mechanisms of fibrosis,” Journal of Pathology, vol. 214, no. 2, pp. 199–210, 2008.
- D. B. Kristensen, N. Kawada, K. Imamura et al., “Proteome analysis of rat hepatic stellate cells,” Hepatology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 268–277, 2000.
- N. Kawada, D. B. Kristensen, K. Asahina et al., “Characterization of a stellate cell activation-associated protein (STAP) with peroxidase activity found in rat hepatic stellate cells,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 276, no. 27, pp. 25318–25323, 2001.
- J. Petrak, D. Myslivcova, P. Man, R. Cmejla, J. Cmejlova, and D. Vyoral, “Proteomic analysis of iron overload in human hepatoma cells,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 290, no. 5, pp. G1059–G1066, 2006.
- J. M. Jacobs, D. L. Diamond, E. Y. Chan et al., “Proteome analysis of liver cells expressing a full-length hepatitis C virus (HCV) replicon and biopsy specimens of posttransplantation liver from HCV-infected patients,” Journal of Virology, vol. 79, no. 12, pp. 7558–7569, 2005.
- D. L. Diamond, J. M. Jacobs, B. Paeper et al., “Proteomic profiling of human liver biopsies: hepatitis C virus-induced fibrosis and mitochondrial dysfunction,” Hepatology, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 649–657, 2007.
- E. H. Liu, M. F. Chen, T. S. Yeh et al., “A useful model to audit liver resolution from cirrhosis in rats using functional proteomics,” Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 138, no. 2, pp. 214–223, 2007.
- C. Henkel, M. Roderfeld, R. Weiskirchen, B. Scheibe, S. Matern, and E. Roeb, “Identification of fibrosis-relevant proteins using DIGE (difference in gel electrophoresis) in different models of hepatic fibrosis,” Zeitschrift fur Gastroenterologie, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 23–29, 2005.
- T. Ichibangase, K. Moriya, K. Koike, and K. Imai, “A proteomics method revealing disease-related proteins in livers of hepatitis-infected mouse model,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 2841–2849, 2007.
- S. Miliani, H. Herbst, D. Schuppan, G. Niedobitek, K. Y. Kim, and H. Stein, “Vimentin expression of newly formed rat bile duct epithelial cells in secondary biliary fibrosis,” Virchows Archiv. A, Pathological Anatomy and Histopathology, vol. 415, no. 3, pp. 237–242, 1989.
- M. Parola and G. Robino, “Oxidative stress-related molecules and liver fibrosis,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 297–306, 2001.
- D. J. Harrison, L. May, P. C. Hayes, M. M. Haque, and J. D. Hayes, “Glutathione S-transferases in alcoholic liver disease,” Gut, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 909–912, 1990.
- M. Yamaguchi, M. Isogai, and N. Shimada, “Potential sensitivity of hepatic specific protein regucalcin as a marker of chronic liver injury,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 167, no. 1-2, pp. 187–190, 1997.
- M. Yamaguchi, Y. Tsurusaki, H. Misawa, S. Inagaki, Z. J. Ma, and H. Takahashi, “Potential role of regucalcin as a specific biochemical marker of chronic liver injury with carbon tetrachloride administration in rats,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 241, no. 1-2, pp. 61–67, 2002.
- S. Lv, J. H. Wang, F. Liu et al., “Senescence marker protein 30 in acute liver failure: validation of a mass spectrometry proteomics assay,” BMC Gastroenterology, vol. 8, article 17, 2008.
- J. Ivaska, H. M. Pallari, J. Nevo, and J. E. Eriksson, “Novel functions of vimentin in cell adhesion, migration, and signaling,” Experimental Cell Research, vol. 313, no. 10, pp. 2050–2062, 2007.
- S. Nakatsuji, J. Yamate, and S. Sakuma, “Relationship between vimentin expressing renal tubules and interstitial fibrosis in chronic progressive nephropathy in aged rats,” Virchows Archiv, vol. 433, no. 4, pp. 359–367, 1998.
- N. M. Meindl-Beinker and S. Dooley, “Transforming growth factor-β and hepatocyte transdifferentiation in liver fibrogenesis,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 23, supplement 1, pp. S122–S127, 2008.
- A. Geerts, C. Eliasson, T. Niki, A. Wielant, F. Vaeyens, and M. Pekny, “Formation of normal desmin intermediate filaments in mouse hepatic stellate cells requires vimentin,” Hepatology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 177–188, 2001.
- Y. Liu, P. Liu, Y. Y. Hu et al., “Dynamic change of metabolism related protein in liver tissue of rats' model of hepatic fibrosis and regulatory effect of fuzheng huayu decoction on it,” Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 224–227, 2006.
- W. J. Qian, J. M. Jacobs, T. Liu, D. G. Camp, and R. D. Smith, “Advances and challenges in liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry-based proteomics profiling for clinical applications,” Molecular and Cellular Proteomics, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 1727–1744, 2006.