- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 463627, 6 pages
Stock Prices’ Variability around Earnings Announcement Dates at Karachi Stock Exchange
1School of Business, Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences, Oslo 0130, Norway
2Institute of Management Sciences, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan 60800, Pakistan
Received 26 March 2012; Accepted 22 July 2012
Academic Editor: Perry Sadorsky
Copyright © 2012 Muhammad Azeem Qureshi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Ball and P. Brown, “An empirucal evaluation of accounting income numbers,” Journal of Accounting Research, vol. 6, pp. 159–178, 1968.
- E. F. Fama, “Efficient capital markets: a review of theory and empirical work,” Journal of Finance, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 383–417, 1970.
- D. Isakov and C. Pérignon, “Evolution of market uncertainty around earnings announcements,” Journal of Banking & Finance, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 1769–1788, 2001.
- C. M. C. Lee, “Earnings news and small traders. An intraday analysis,” Journal of Accounting and Economics, vol. 15, no. 2-3, pp. 265–302, 1992.
- J. W. Cho, “Earnings announcements, private information, and strategic informed trading,” Journal of Financial Intermediation, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 117–149, 2007.
- M. Bagnoli, M. D. Beneish, and S. G. Watts, “Whisper forecasts of quarterly earnings per share,” Journal of Accounting and Economics, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 27–50, 1999.
- L. Blume, D. Easley, and M. O'Hara, “Market statistics and technical analysis: the role of volume,” Journal of Finance, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 153–181, 1994.
- C. C. Ying, “Market prices and volumes of sales,” Econometrica, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 676–685, 1966.
- A. Eilifsen, K. K. Henry, and F. Sættem, “Earnings announcements and the variability of stock returns,” Scandinavian Journal of Management, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 187–200, 2001.
- B. Trueman, M. H. F. Wong, and X. J. Zhang, “Anomalous stock returns around internet firms earnings announcements,” Journal of Accounting and Economics, vol. 34, no. 1–3, pp. 249–271, 2003.
- D. Su, “Stock price reactions to earnings announcements: evidence from Chinese markets,” Review of Financial Economics, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 271–286, 2003.
- O. Lamaont and A. Frazzini, “The earnings announcement premium and trading volume,” NBER Working Paper W13090, 2007, http://www.nber.org/papers/w13090.
- V. V. Chari, R. Jagannathan, and A. R. Ofer, “Seasonalities in security returns. The case of earnings announcements,” Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 101–121, 1988.
- L. S. Bamber, “The information content of annual earnings releases: a trading volume approach,” Journal of Accounting Research, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 40–56, 1986.
- M. Vieru, “The impact of interim earnings announcements on the permanent price effects of trades on the Helsinki stock exchange,” Journal of Multinational Financial Management, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 41–59, 2002.
- S. J. Brown and J. B. Warner, “Using daily stock returns. The case of event studies,” Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 3–31, 1985.