- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 961316, 4 pages
Oligopolistic Banks, Bounded Rationality, and the Credit Cycle
Department of Economics, University of Erfurt, Nordhäuser Straße 63, PF 900 221, 99105 Erfurt, Germany
Received 29 March 2012; Accepted 20 June 2012
Academic Editor: Raouf Boucekkine
Copyright © 2012 Tobias F. Rötheli. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Kiyotaki and J. Moore, “Credit cycles,” Journal of Political Economy, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 211–248, 1997.
- R. Rajan, “Why bank credit policies fluctuate: a theory and some evidence,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 399–441, 1994.
- G. B. Gorton and P. He, “Bank credit cycles,” Review of Economic Studies, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 1181–1214, 2008.
- J. A. Bikker and K. Haaf, “Measures of competition and concentration in the banking industry: a review of the literature,” Economic & Financial Modelling.
- T. F. Rötheli, “Competition, herd behavior, and credit cycles: evidence from major Swiss banks,” Journal of Economics and Business, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 585–592, 2001.
- H. Hotelling, “Stability in competition,” Economic Journal, vol. 39, no. 153, pp. 41–57, 1929.
- D. R. Capozza and R. Van Order, “A generalized model of spatial competition,” American Economic Review, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 896–908, 1978.
- T. F. Rötheli, Boundedly Rational Banks' Contribution to the Credit Cycle. Social science research network working paper, 2012, http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1415973.
- N. G. Mankiw, “Small menu costs and large business cycles: a macroeconomic model,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 529–538, 1985.