- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 180478, 5 pages
Comparative Risk Aversion under Background Risk Revisited
1Graduate School of Economics, Osaka University, Machikaneyama 1-7, Toyonaka, Osaka 560-0043, Japan
2Faculty of Economics, Osaka Sangyo University, Nakagaito 3-1-1, Daito, Osaka 574-8530, Japan
Received 28 April 2010; Revised 9 October 2010; Accepted 10 December 2010
Academic Editor: Philip J. Grossman
Copyright © 2010 Masamitsu Ohnishi and Yusuke Osaki. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. W. Pratt, “Risk aversion in the small and in the large,” Econometrica, vol. 32, pp. 122–136, 1964.
- K. J. Arrow, Essays in the Theory of Risk Bearing, Markham Publishing, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1971.
- C. Gollier, The Economics of Risk and Time, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2000.
- R. E. Kihlstrom, D. Romer, and S. Williams, “Risk aversion with random initial wealth,” Econometrica, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 911–920, 1981.
- D. C. Nachman, “Preservation of “more risk averse” under expectations,” Journal of Economic Theory, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 361–368, 1982.
- J. W. Pratt, “Aversion to one risk in the presence of others,” Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 395–413, 1988.
- J. C. Jackwerth, “Recovering risk aversion from option prices and realized returns,” Review of Financial Studies, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 433–451, 2000.
- Y. Aït-Sahalia and A. W. Lo, “Nonparametric risk management and implied risk aversion,” Journal of Econometrics, vol. 94, no. 1-2, pp. 9–51, 2000.
- I. Jewitt, “Risk aversion and the choice between risky prospects: the preservation of comparative statics results,” Review of Economic Studies, vol. 54, pp. 73–85, 1987.
- S. Athey, “Monotone comparative statics under uncertainty,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 187–223, 2002.
- P. Weil, “Equilibrium asset prices with undiversifiable labor income risk,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 16, no. 3-4, pp. 769–790, 1992.
- Y. Osaki, “Dependent background risks and asset prices,” Economics Bulletin, vol. 4.8, pp. 1–8, 2005.
- M. Ohnishi and Y. Osaki, “The comparative statics on asset prices based on bull and bear market measure,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 168, no. 2, pp. 291–300, 2006.
- S. Karlin and A. Novikoff, “Generalized convex inequalities,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 13, pp. 1251–1279, 1963.
- S. Karlin, Total Positivity, Stanford University Press, Palo Alto, Calif, USA, 1968.
- D. C. Nachman, “On the theory of risk aversion and the theory of risk,” Journal of Economic Theory, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 317–335, 1979.
- A. Müller and D. Stoyan, Comparison Methods for Stochastic Models and Risks, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- G. Franke, H. Schlesinger, and R. C. Stapleton, “Multiplicative background risk,” Management Science, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 146–153, 2006.