- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 147357, 6 pages
Tariffs Ranking in Mixed Oligopoly with Revenue Constraint
1Department of Applied Economics, National University of Kaohsiung, Kaohsiung 41148, Taiwan
2Economics Division, SinoAsia Economic and Management Foundation, Kaohsiung 41148, Taiwan
3Hanqing Advanced Institute of Economic and Finance, Renmin University of China, Beijing 100872, China
4Department of International Business, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Science, Kaohsiung 80778, Taiwan
Received 3 December 2010; Revised 28 June 2011; Accepted 29 June 2011
Academic Editor: Yew-Kwang Ng
Copyright © 2011 Leonard F. S. Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. G. Johnson, “Optimum welfare and maximum revenue tariffs,” Review of Economic Studies, vol. 19, pp. 28–35, 1952.
- J. A. Brander and B. J. Spencer, “Tariff protection and imperfect competition,” in Monopolistic Competition and International Trade, H. Kierzkowski, Ed., pp. 194–207, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1984.
- D. R. Collie, “Optimum welfare and maximum revenue tariffs under oligopoly,” Scottish Journal of Political Economy, vol. 38, pp. 398–401, 1991.
- B. Larue and J. P. Gervais, “Welfare-maximizing and revenue-maximizing tariffs with a few domestic firms,” Canadian Journal of Economics, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 786–804, 2002.
- R. Clarke and D. R. Collie, “Optimum-welfare and maximum-revenue tariffs under Bertrand duopoly,” Scottish Journal of Political Economy, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 398–408, 2006.
- L. F. S. Wang, Y. C. Wang, and L. Zhao, “Market share delegation and strategic trade policy,” Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 49–56, 2009.
- L. F. S. Wang and J. Y. Lee, “Partial privatization, foreign competition, and tariffs ranking,” Economics Bulletin, vol. 30, pp. 2405–2412, 2010.
- L. F. S. Wang, J. Wang, and J. Y. Lee, “Optimum-welfare and maximum-revenue tariffs in mixed oligopoly with foreign competitors,” Australian Economic Papers, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 60–72, 2010.
- L. F. S. Wang, J. Wang, and L. Tang, “Tariffs ranking in mixed oligopoly with revenue constraint I,” Working paper 2010, Department of Applied Economics, National University of Kaohsiung, 2010.
- J. Maw, “Partial privatization in transition economies,” Economic Systems, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 271–282, 2002.
- W. W. Chang, “Optimal trade and privatization policies in an international duopoly with cost asymmetry,” Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 19–42, 2005.
- T. Matsumura, “Partial privatization in mixed duopoly,” Journal of Public Economics, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 473–483, 1998.
- C. C. Chao and E. S. H. Yu, “Partial privatization, foreign competition, and optimum tariff,” Review of International Economics, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 87–92, 2006.
- N. Van Long and F. Stähler, “Trade policy and mixed enterprises,” Canadian Journal of Economics, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 590–614, 2009.
- L. F. S. Wang, J.-y. Lee, and C.-s. Huang, “Maximum-revenue and optimum-welfare tariffs in international mixed duopoly: does the order of firms' move matter?” Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, pp. 1–11, 2011.
- G. De Fraja and F. Delbono, “Alternative strategies of a public enterprise in oligopoly,” Oxford Economic Papers, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 302–311, 1989.
- G. De Fraja and F. Delbono, “Game theoretic models of mixed oligopoly,” Journal of Economic Surveys, vol. 4, pp. 1–17, 1990.
- Y. Katsoulacos, “Firms' objectives in transition economies,” Journal of Comparative Economics, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 392–409, 1994.
- K. Fjell and D. Pal, “A mixed oligopoly in the presence of foreign private firms,” Canadian Journal of Economics, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 737–743, 1996.
- D. Pal and M. D. White, “Mixed oligopoly, privatization, and strategic trade policy,” Southern Economic Journal, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 264–281, 1998.
- J. C. Bárcena-Ruiz and M. B. Garzón, “Mixed oligopoly and environmental policy,” Spanish Economic Review, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 139–160, 2006.
- N. Matsushima and T. Matsumura, “Mixed oligopoly, foreign firms, and location choice,” Regional Science and Urban Economics, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 753–772, 2006.
- K. Fjell and J. S. Heywood, “Public stackelberg leadership in a mixed oligopoly with foreign firms,” Australian Economic Papers, vol. 2002, pp. 267–281, 41.
- T. Matsumura, “Stackelberg mixed duopoly with a foreign competitor,” Bulletin of Economic Research, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 275–287, 2003.
- D. Leahy and C. Montagna, “Strategic trade policy with heterogeneous costs,” Bulletin of Economic Research, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 177–182, 2001.
- J. P. Neary and D. Leahy, “Revenue-constrained strategic trade and industrial policy,” Economics Letters, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 409–414, 2004.
- T. Hatta and Y. Ogawa, “Optimal tariffs under a revenue constraint,” Review of International Economics, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 560–573, 2007.
- M. Yano, R. Takahashi, and J. Kenzaki, “Competition policy or tariff policy: which is more effective?” Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics, vol. 13, pp. 163–170, 2006.
- C. S. Huang, J. Y. Lee, and S. S. Chen, “The optimal government shareholding strategy and the cost structure,” Seoul Journal of Economics, vol. 9, pp. 251–273, 2006.