- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 781760, 9 pages
Sharpe (Ratio) Thinking about the Investment Opportunity Set and CAPM Relationship
Faculty of Economics, University of Agder, Service Box 422, 4604 Kristiansand, Norway
Received 6 December 2010; Revised 20 April 2011; Accepted 4 May 2011
Academic Editor: Yi-Ming Wei
Copyright © 2011 Valeriy Zakamulin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. M. Markowitz, “Portfolio selection,” Journal of Finance, vol. 7, pp. 77–91, 1952.
- R. C. Merton, “An analytic derivation of the efficient portfolio frontier,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, vol. 7, pp. 1851–1872, 1972.
- R. Roll, “A critique of the asset pricing theory's tests part I: on past and potential testability of the theory,” Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 129–176, 1977.
- C. f. Huang and R. H. Litzenberger, Foundations for Financial Economics, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1993.
- H. G. Grubel, “Internationally diversified portfolios: welfare gains and capital flows,” American Economic Review, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 1299–1314, 1968.
- H. Levy and M. Sarnat, “International diversification of investment portfolios,” American Economic Review, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 668–675, 1970.
- B. H. Solnik, “Why not diversify internationally rather than domestically?” Financial Analysts Journal, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 48–54, 1974.
- M. King, E. Sentana, and S. Wadhwani, “Volatility and links between national stock markets,” Econometrica, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 901–933, 1994.
- F. Longin and B. Solnik, “Is the correlation in international equity returns constant: 1960–1990?” Journal of International Money and Finance, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 3–26, 1995.
- W. N. Goetzmann, L. Li, and K. G. Rouwenhorst, “Long-term global market correlations,” Journal of Business, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 1–38, 2005.
- C. S. Eun and J. Lee, “Mean-variance convergence around the world,” Journal of Banking and Finance, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 856–870, 2010.
- J. Ingersoll, M. Spiegel, and W. Goetzmann, “Portfolio performance manipulation and manipulation-proof performance measures,” Review of Financial Studies, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 1503–1546, 2007.
- J. L. Treynor, “How to rate management investment funds,” Harvard Busines Review, vol. 43, pp. 63–75, 1966.
- J. L. Treynor and F. Black, “How to use security analysis to improve portfolio selection,” Journal of Business, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 66–86, 1973.