- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 926484, 9 pages
Implications of the Global Financial Crisis for China: A Dynamic CGE Analysis to 2020
1Department of Economics, Waikato Management School, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand
2School of Economics, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
3Center for Global Trade Analysis, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47906, USA
4Department of Economics, University of Melbourne, Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
Received 2 June 2011; Accepted 4 August 2011
Academic Editor: James R. Barth
Copyright © 2011 Anna Strutt and Terrie Walmsley. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- World Bank, “Global economic prospects 2011: navigating strong currents,” Report, World Bank, Washington, DC, USA, 2011.
- E. Ianchovichina and R. McDougall, Theoretical Structure of Dynamic GTAP. GTAP Technical Paper No. 17, 2000.
- T. W. Hertel, Ed., Global Trade Analysis: Modeling and Applications, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- B. G. Narayanan and T. L. Walmsley, Eds., Global Trade, Assistance, and Production: The GTAP 7 Data Base, Centre for Global Trade Analysis, Purdue University, 2008.
- R. McDougall, T. L. Walmsley, A. Golub, E. Ianchovichina, and K. Itakura, “An Overview of the Dynamic GTAP Data Base: The Data Base Construction and Aggregation Programs,” in Dynamic Modeling and Applications in Global Economic Analysis, E. Ianchovichina and T. L. Walmsley, Eds., Cambridge University Press.
- P. Adams and B. Parmenter, Economic Forecasting, Allen and Unwin Academic, Sydney, Australia, 2000.
- T. L. Walmsley, A Baseline Scenario for the Dynamic GTAP Model, Centre for Global Trade Analysis, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind, USA, 2006.
- P. Dixon and M. Rimmer, Dynamic General Equilibrium Modelling for Forecasting and Policy, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2002.
- T. L. Walmsley and A. Strutt, “A Baseline for the GDyn Model,” in Proceedings of the 12th Annual Conference on Global Economic Analysis Santiago, Chile, June 2009.
- World Bank, World Development Indicators, World Bank, Washington, DC, USA, 2009.
- L. R. Ngai and C. A. Pissarides, “Structural change in a multisector model of growth,” American Economic Review, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 429–443, 2007.
- T. W. Hertel, C. E. Ludena, and A. Golub, “Economic growth, technological change, and patterns of food and agricultural trade in Asia,” ERD Working Paper Series, no. 86, pp. 1–57, 2006.
- A. Golub, T. W. Hertel, and B. Sohngen, “Projecting land use change in the dynamic GTAP framework,” in Proceedings of the 10th Annual Conference on Global Economic Analysis, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind, USA, 2007.
- OECD, STAN Indicators Database. Paris: OECD Directorate for Science, Technology and Industry, 2005.
- W. Kets and A. M. Lejour, Sectoral TFP Growth in the OECD. CPB Memorandum, 58, Netherlands Bureau of Economic Analysis, The Hague, The Netherlands, 2003.
- A. Golub, T. W. Hertel, and B. Sohngen, “Land Use Modeling in Recursively-Dynamic GTAP Framework,” 2008.
- World Bank, “Global development finance: charting a global recovery,” Report, World Bank, Washington, DC, USA, 2009.
- A. Strutt and T. L. Walmsley, “Trade and Sectoral Impacts of the Financial Crisis: A Dynamic CGE Analysis,” in Proceedings of the ARTNet Asia-Pacific Trade Economists’: Trade-Led Growth in Times of Crisis, Bangkok, Thailand, November 2009.
- A. Elbehri and K. R. Pearson, Implementing Bilateral Tariff Rate Quotas in GTAP using GEMPACK. GTAP Tech Paper 18, 2005.
- C. Freedman, M. Kumhof, D. Laxton, and J. Lee, The Case for Global Fiscal Stimulus. IMF Staff Position Note SPN/09/03, 2009.
- M. Horton and A. Ianova, The Size of the Fiscal Expansion: An Analysis for the Largest Countries. Washington, DC, USA, International Monetary Fund, 2009.
- IMF, Global Economic Prospects and Policy Challenges. Washington, DC, USA, International Monetary Fund, 2009.
- B. J. Eichengreen and D. A. Irwin, The Slide to Protectionism in the Great Depression: Who Succumbed and Why? NBER Working Paper No. w15142, 2009.
- M. S. Feldstein, The Role of Currency Realignments in Eliminating the US and China Current Account Imbalances. NBER Working Paper No. 16674, 2011.
- A. Strutt and T. L. Walmsley, Trade and Sectoral Impacts of the Global Financial Crisis: A Dynamic CGE Analysis In United Nations ESCAP (Ed.). Bangkok, Thailand, UNESCAP, 2011.