- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 534209, 7 pages
Consumer Spending and Customer Satisfaction: Untying the Knot
School of Business, Queen’s University, Kingston, ON, K7L 3N6, Canada
Received 1 August 2011; Accepted 23 October 2011
Academic Editor: Donald Lien
Copyright © 2012 Peter Sephton. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Fornell, R. T. Rust, and M. G. Dekimpe, “The effect of customer satisfaction on consumer spending growth,” Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 28–35, 2010.
- S. Gupta and V. Zeithaml, “Customer metrics and their impact on financial performance,” Marketing Science, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 718–739, 2006.
- T. L. Keiningham, B. Cooil, L. Aksoy, T. W. Andreassen, and J. Weiner, “The value of different customer satisfaction and loyalty metrics in predicting customer retention, recommendation, and share-of-wallet,” Managing Service Quality, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 361–384, 2007.
- S. Johansen and K. Juselius, “Maximum likelihood estimation and inference on cointegration–with applications to the demand for money,” Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, vol. 52, pp. 169–210, 1990.
- R. Engle and C. Granger, “Cointegration and error correction: representation, estimation and testing,” Econometrica, vol. 55, pp. 251–276, 1987.
- M. D. Johnson, A. Herrmann, and A. Gustafsson, “Comparing customer satisfaction across industries and countries,” Journal of Economic Psychology, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 749–769, 2002.
- W. Enders and P. L. Siklos, “Cointegration and threshold adjustment,” Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 166–176, 2001.
- N. S. Balke and T. B. Fomby, “Threshold cointegration,” International Economic Review, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 627–645, 1997.
- S. Cook, “A threshold cointegration test with increased power,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 386–392, 2007.
- K. Chan, “Consistency and limiting distributions of the least squares estimator of a threshold autoregressive model,” The Annals of Statistics, vol. 21, pp. 520–533, 1993.
- B. E. Hansen, “Testing for parameter instability in linear models,” Journal of Policy Modeling, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 517–533, 1992.
- H. J. Bierens, “Nonparametric nonlinear co-trending analysis, with an application to inflation and interest in the U.S.,” Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 323–337, 2000.
- J. Breitung, “Rank tests for nonlinear cointegration,” Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 331–340, 2001.
- P. S. Sephton, “Cointegration tests on MARS,” Computational Economics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 23–35, 1994.
- J. Friedman, “Multivariate adaptive regression splines,” Annals of Statistics, vol. 19, p. 1, 1991.
- F. C. Palm, S. Smeekes, and J. P. Urbain, “A sieve bootstrap test for cointegration in a conditional error correction model,” Econometric Theory, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 647–681, 2010.