- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 569890, 7 pages
Growth and Income Inequality: A Comparative Analysis
Department of Economics, Izmir University of Economics, Sakarya Cad. No.156, Balcova, 35330 Izmir, Turkey
Received 16 August 2011; Revised 10 December 2011; Accepted 10 December 2011
Academic Editor: Russell Smyth
Copyright © 2012 Ayla Ogus Binatli. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Weede, “Income inequality, democracy and growth reconsidered,” European Journal of Political Economy, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 751–764, 1997.
- E. Pardo-Beltran, Effects of Income Distribution on Growth, CEPA Working Paper 2002-16, Center for Economic Policy Analysis, 2002.
- A. Alesina and R. Perotti, “Income distribution, political instability, and investment,” European Economic Review, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1203–1228, 1996.
- A. Alesina and D. Rodrik, “Distributive politics and economic growth,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 465–490, 1994.
- F. Bourguignon, “Growth, distribution, and human resources,” in En Route to Modern Growth, G. Ranis, Ed., John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Md, USA, 1994.
- G. R. G. Clarke, More Evidence on Income Distribution and Growth, World Bank Working Paper 1064, World Bank Publications, Washington, DC, USA, 1992.
- R. Perotti, “Income distribution and investment,” European Economic Review, vol. 38, no. 3-4, pp. 827–835, 1994.
- R. Perotti, “Growth, income distribution, and democracy: what the data say,” Journal of Economic Growth, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 149–187, 1996.
- T. Persson and G. Tabellini, “Is inequality harmful for growth?” American Economic Review, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 600–621, 1994.
- R. Benabou, Inequality and Growth, NBER Working Paper 5658, National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1996.
- K. Deininger and L. Squire, “A new data set measuring income inequality,” World Bank Economic Review, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 565–591, 1996.
- D. Ghura, C. A. Leite, and C. Tsangarides, “Is growth enough? macroeconomic policy and poverty reduction,” IMF Working Paper, no 118, 2002.
- R. MacDonald and M. T. Majeed, “Distributional and poverty consequences of globalization: a dynamic comparative analysis for developing countries,” Working Papers, Business School—Economics, University of Glasgow, 2010http://econpapers.repec.org/RePEc:gla:glaewp:2010_22.
- D. Dollar and A. Kray, “Growth is good for the poor,” The World Bank Development Research Group, 2000.
- M. Weisbrot, M. D. Baker, R. Naiman, and G. Neta, Growth May Be Good for the Poor—But are IMF and World Bank Policies Good for Growth? A Closer Look at the World Bank’s Most Recent Defense of Its Policies, Center for Economic Policy Research, London, UK, 2000.
- A. Tabassum and M. T. Majeed, “Economic growth and income inequality relationship: role of credit market imperfection,” Pakistan Development Review, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 727–743, 2008.
- C. García-Peñalosa and S. J. Turnovsky, “Growth and income inequality: a canonical model,” Economic Theory, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 25–49, 2006.
- R. Breen and C. García-Peñalosa, “Income inequality and macroeconomic volatility: an empirical investigation,” Review of Development Economics, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 380–398, 2005.
- R. Hausman and M. Gavin, “Securing stability and growth in a shock prone region: the policy challenges for latin america,” in Securing Stability and Growth in Latin America, R. Hausman and H. Reisen, Eds., OECD, Paris, France, 1996.
- A. Oğuş, “The growth income inequality relationship in Turkey,” in Proceedings of the 4th Economics Congress of Turkey, İzmir, Turkey, 2004.
- A. Oğuş, “Income distribution in Turkey,” İktisat İşletme ve Finans, vol. 20, no. 236, pp. 27–40, 2005.
- A. De La Fuente, “The empirics of growth and convergence: a selective review,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 23–73, 1997.
- G. Ramey and V. A. Ramey, “Cross-country evidence on the link between volatility and growth,” American Economic Review, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 1138–1151, 1995.
- L. Konya and C. Mouratidis, “An empirical analysis of the relationship between income inequality and growth volatility in 70 countries for 1960–2002,” Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 19–40, 2006.