- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 710282, 7 pages
Understanding the Economics of Transportation Projects
1Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Brigham Young University, 368 Clyde Building, Provo, UT 84602, USA
2Project Engineering Consultants, Inc., 397 W. 400 N., Payson, UT 84651, USA
Received 21 March 2012; Revised 1 May 2012; Accepted 2 May 2012
Academic Editor: Thanasis Stengos
Copyright © 2012 Grant G. Schultz and Jeremy E. Searle. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Cambridge Systematics Inc. (CSI), R. Cervero, and D. Aschauer, “Economic analysis of transit investments: guidebook for practitioners,” Transit Cooperative Research Program. TCRP Report 35, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington, DC, USA, 1998.
- G. Weisbrod, “Evolution of methods for assessing economic development impacts of proposed transportation projects,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Transportation and Economic Development, 2006, http://www.edrgroup.com/images/stories/Transportation/weisbrod-evolution-of-mehtods-ted2006.pdf.
- G. G. Schultz, M. Saito, A. L. Stewart, and C. Siler, “Assessing the economic impacts of transportation improvement projects,” Tech. Rep. UT-06.03, Utah Department of Transportation Research Division/Planning Division, Salt Lake City, Utah ,USA, 2006.
- G. G. Schultz and J. S. McGee, “Economic development criteria and project prioritization,” Tech. Rep. UT-09.07, Utah Department of Transportation Research Division, Salt Lake City, Utah ,USA, 2009.
- G. G. Schultz, J. S. McGee, and M. Saito, “Economic development criteria for use in the project prioritization process of Utah,” in Proceedings of the Proceedings of the 7th Asia Pacific Conference on Transportation and the Environment (APTE '10), pp. 36–46, Semarang, Indonesia, 2010.
- Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT), “Kansas department of transportation briefing paper: expanded highway project selection process,” 2010, http://www.kansastlink.com/downloads/Project%20Selection%20Process%20White%20Paper.pdf.
- Cambridge Systematics Inc. (CSI), “Transportation improvements grow Wisconsin’s economy: the economic benefits of transportation investments,” Prepared for the Transportation Development Association of Wisconsin, 2003.
- P. Perlich, “Economic and demographic impacts of federally financed transportation infrastructure on the Wasatch Front,” Economic and Business Review, vol. 64, no. 9-10, 2004.
- Cambridge Systematics Inc. (CSI), “Economic impacts of expanding public transportation in the Wasatch Front region,” Prepared for Envision Utah, 2005.
- K. Gkritza, S. Labi, and K. Sinha, “Economic development effects of INDOT transportation projects,” Final Report FHWA/IN/JTRP-2006/37, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind, USA, 2007.
- G. Weisbrod, “Distinguishing wide and local area business impacts of transportation investments,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1552, pp. 27–31, 1996.
- Capital Professional Services, LLC., “Current consumer price index,” http://www.inflationdata.com/inflation/consumer_price_index/currentcpi.asp.