- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 715419, 8 pages
Gender Gaps in Human Capital in Developing Countries: An Empirical Assessment
Department of Economics, Eastern Illinois University, 600 East Lincoln Avenue, Charleston, IL 61920, USA
Received 21 March 2012; Accepted 30 April 2012
Academic Editor: Colin C. Williams
Copyright © 2012 Minh Quang Dao. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Lewis and M. E. Lockheed, Inexcusable Absence: Why 60 Million Girls Aren't in School and What to Do about It, Center for Global Development, Washington, DC, USA, 2006.
- L. Chioda, R. Gracia-Verdú, and A. M. Muñoz Boudet, Work and Family: Latin American Women in Search of a New Balance, World Bank, Washington, DC, USA, 2011, Office of the Chief Economist and Poverty Gender Group, LAC.
- E. Hannum and M. Wang, “China: a case study in rapid poverty reduction,” in Indigenous Peoples, Poverty and Development, G. Hall and H. Patrinos, Eds., World Bank, Washington, DC, USA, 2010.
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics, Global Education Digest 2010: Comparing Education Statistics across the World. Special Focus on Gender, UNESCO Institute for Statistics, Montreal, Canada, 2010.
- T. Yuki, K. Mizuno, K. Ogawa, and M. Sakai, Promoting Gender Parity, Lessons from Yemen: A JICA Technical Cooperation Project in Basic Education, Japan International Cooperation Agency Research Institute, 2011, Background paper for the WDR 2012.
- World Development Report 2012: Gender Equality and Development, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2012.
- H. Waddington, B. Snilstveit, H. White, and L. Fewtrell, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Interventions to Combat Childhood Diarrhoea in Developing Countries, International Initiative for Impact Evaluation 31E, New Delhi, India, 2009, Synthetic Review.
- M. Björkman and J. Svensson, “Power to the people: evidence from a randomized field experiment on community-based monitoring in uganda,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 124, no. 2, pp. 735–769, 2009.
- N. Prata, P. Passano, A. Sreenivas, and C. E. Gerdts, “Maternal mortality in developing countries: challenges in scaling-up priority interventions,” Women's Health, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 311–327, 2010.
- A. Alesina, A. Devleeschauwer, W. Easterly, S. Kurlat, and R. Wacziarg, “Fractionalization,” Journal of Economic Growth, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 155–194, 2003.