- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 732583, 8 pages
A Case Study of Probit Model Analysis of Factors Affecting Consumption of Packed and Unpacked Milk in Turkey
1Department of Agricultural Economics, Faculty of Agriculture, Gaziosmanpasa University, Tokat, Turkey
2Department of Economics, Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences, Gaziosmanpasa University, Tokat, Turkey
Received 6 August 2012; Revised 7 September 2012; Accepted 25 September 2012
Academic Editor: Anthony N. Rezitis
Copyright © 2012 Meral Uzunoz and Yasar Akcay. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. E. N. Alwis, J. C. Edirisinghe, and A. M. T. P. Athauda, “Analysis of factors affecting fresh milk consumption among the mid-country consumers,” Tropical Agricultural Research & Extension, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 101–107, 2009.
- S. A. Hatirli, B. Ozkan, and A. R. Aktas, “Factors affecting fluid milk purchasing sources in Turkey,” Food Quality and Preference, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 509–515, 2004.
- R. Yayar, “Consumer characteristics influencing milk consumption preference: the Turkey case,” Theoretical and Applied Economics, vol. 7, no. 572, pp. 25–42, 2012.
- OECD/FAO, OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2011–2020, OECD Publishing and FAO, 2011.
- M. V. Pazarlioǧlu, B. Miran, Ş. Üçdoǧruk, and C. Abay, “Using econometric modelling to predict demand for fluid and farm milk: a case study from Turkey,” Food Quality and Preference, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 416–424, 2007.
- WMDA, “Dairy and Products Sectoral Report, West Mediterranean Development Agency,” 2011, http://baka.org.tr/uploads/1303486719SUT-URUNLERi-TURKCE-KATALOG.pdf.
- AEPDI, Dairy Situation and Outlook: 2011–2012, Agricultural Economics and Policy Development Institute, Ankara, Turkey, 2011.
- C. Günden, A. Bilgic, B. Miran, and B. Karli, “A censored system of demand analysis to unpacked and prepackaged milk consumption in Turkey,” Quality and Quantity, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 1273–1290, 2011.
- C. Akbay and G. Y. Tiryaki, “Unpacked and packed fluid milk consumption patterns and preferences in Turkey,” Agricultural Economics, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 9–20, 2008.
- F. H. Fuller, J. C. Beghin, and S. Rozelle, “Urban demand for dairy products in china: evidence from new survey data,” Working Paper 04-WP 380, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development Iowa State University Ames, Ames, Iowa, USA, 2004.
- H. Hill and F. Lynchehaun, “Organic milk: attitudes and consumption patterns,” British Food Journal, vol. 104, no. 7, pp. 526–542, 2002.
- I. V. Alviola and O. Capps Jr., Household Demand Analysis of Organic and Conventional Fluid Milk in the United States, Department of Agricultural Economics—Texas A&M University, Research Report, 2009.
- O. Kilic, C. Akbay, and G. Y. Tiryaki, “Factors affecting packed and unpacked fluid milk consumption,” Agricultural Economics, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 557–563, 2009.
- A. Negassa, “Improving smallholder farmers’marketed supply and market access for dairy products in Arsi Zone, Ethiopia,” Research Report 21, ILRI, International Livestock Research Institute, Nairobi, Kenya, 2009.
- O. Simsek, C. Cetin, and B. Bilgin, “A research on determination of the drinking milk consuming habits and the factors affecting these habits in istanbul province,” Journal of Tekirdag Agricultural Faculty, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 23–35, 2005.
- G. Y. Tiryaki and C. Akbay, “Consumers' fluid milk consumption behaviors in TURKEY: an application of multinomial logit model,” Quality and Quantity, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 87–98, 2009.
- T. Yamane, Basic Sampling Methods, Literatur Publishing, Istanbul, Turkey, 2001.
- TURKSTAT, “Regional Statistics, Population of Households,” 2009, http://tuikapp.tuik.gov.tr/Bolgesel/tabloOlustur.do.
- UNDP, “Human Development Report (Turkey),” 2004, http://www.undp.org.
- G. Armagan and C. Akbay, “An econometric analysis of urban households' animal products consumption in Turkey,” Applied Economics, vol. 40, no. 15, pp. 2029–2036, 2008.
- M. A. Khan, “Effect of asian-origin ethnicity on pork consumption evidence from the family food expenditure survey (Statistics Canada),” Crossing Boundaries, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 1–44, 2002.
- CBRT, “Statistical Data, Exchanges Rates 2010. Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey,” 2010, http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/yeni/eng.
- T. F. Liao, Interpreting Probability Models: Logit, Probit, and Other Generalized Linear Models, 101, Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences, Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, Calif, USA, 1994.
- J. H. Aldrich and F. D. Nelson, Linear Probability, Logit, and Probit Models, Sage Publications, Newbury Park, Calif, USA, 1984.
- W. H. Greene, Econometric Analysis, Prentice Hall, 7th Edition edition, 2011.
- Y. Peng, G. E. West, and C. Wang, “Consumer attitudes and acceptance of CLA-enriched dairy products,” Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 663–684, 2006.
- M. Vandermersch and E. Mathus, “Consumer Willings to Pay for Domestic Milk. Working Paper, No:91, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics, Katholieke Universiteit Vandermersch Leuven,” 2004, http://www.agr.kuleuven.ac.be/aee/clo/wp/Vandermersch2004.pdf.
- Y. Celik, A. Bilgic, B. Karli, and S. Celik, “Factors affecting milk consumption pattern in Southern Anatolian Region: an application of a two-stage econometric model,” Bodenkultur, vol. 57, no. 1–4, pp. 57–64, 2006.
- M. Lefevre, “Willingness-to-pay for Local Milk-based Dairy Products in Senegal,” Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de La Population CREPP WP 2011/08, Boulevard Du Rectorat 7 (B31), Liège, Belgium, 2011.
- UN, “World Statistics Pocketbook,” 2011, http://data.un.org/CountryProfile.aspx?crName=TURKEY.
- TURKSTAT, Turkey’s Statistical Yearbook, 2010, Ankara, Turkey, 2011.
- WMDA, Sectoral Report of Dairy Products in Turkey, West Mediterranean Development Agency, Antalya, Turkey, 2011.
- V. K. Borooah, Logit and Probit: Ordered and Multinomial Models. Series Quantitative Applications in the Social Science, vol. 138, Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, Calif, USA, 2002.
- A. Sanchez-Villegas, J. A. Martínez, R. Prättälä, E. Toledo, G. Roos, and M. A. Martínez-González, “A systematic review of socioeconomic differences in food habits in Europe: consumption of cheese and milk,” European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 917–929, 2003.
- D. Dong and H. M. Kaiser, “Dissecting the advertising effects on Household Milk Purchases,” Nicpre Quarterly, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1–4, 2001.
- W. Zhang and Q. Wang, Changes in China’s Urban Food Consumption and Implications for Trade, American Agricultural Economics Association Annual Meeting, Montreal, Canada, 2003.
- A. E. M. Bus and A. Worsley, “Consumers' health perceptions of three types of milk: a survey in Australia,” Appetite, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 93–100, 2003.
- A. Jonas and J. Roosen, “Demand for milk labels in Germany: organic milk, conventional brands, and retail labels,” Agribusiness, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 192–206, 2008.