- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 315787, 12 pages
Induced Land Use Emissions due to First and Second Generation Biofuels and Uncertainty in Land Use Emission Factors
Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2056, USA
Received 4 December 2012; Revised 20 February 2013; Accepted 7 March 2013
Academic Editor: Amani Elobeid
Copyright © 2013 Farzad Taheripour and Wallace E. Tyner. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ethan Warner, Yimin Zhang, Daniel Inman, and Garvin Heath, “Challenges in the estimation of greenhouse gas emissions from biofuel-induced global land-use change,” Biofuels, Bioproducts and Biorefining, 2013.
- Krissana Treesilvattanakul, Farzad Taheripour, and Wallace E. Tyner, “Application of US and EU Sustainability Criteria to Analysis of Biofuels-Induced Land Use Change,” Energies, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 5119–5128, 2014.
- Birka Wicke, Floor van der Hilst, Vassilis Daioglou, Martin Banse, Tim Beringer, Sarah Gerssen-Gondelach, Sanne Heijnen, Derek Karssenberg, David Laborde, Melvin Lippe, Hans van Meijl, André Nassar, Jeff Powell, Anne Gerdien Prins, Steve N. K. Rose, Edward M. W. Smeets, Elke Stehfest, Wallace E. Tyner, Judith A. Verstegen, Hugo Valin, Detlef P. van Vuuren, Sonia Yeh, and André P. C. Faaij, “Model collaboration for the improved assessment of biomass supply, demand, and impacts,” GCB Bioenergy, 2014.
- Joshua Elliott, Bhavna Sharma, Neil Best, Michael Glotter, Jennifer B. Dunn, Ian Foster, Fernando Miguez, Steffen Mueller, and Michael Wang, “A Spatial Modeling Framework to Evaluate Domestic Biofuel-Induced Potential Land Use Changes and Emissions,” Environmental Science & Technology, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 2488–2496, 2014.
- Nolan D. Orfield, Robert B. Levine, Gregory A. Keoleian, Shelie A. Miller, and Phillip E. Savage, “Growing Algae for Biodiesel on Direct Sunlight or Sugars: A Comparative Life Cycle Assessment,” ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, pp. 150206072734000, 2015.
- Weiwei Wang, Puneet Dwivedi, Robert Abt, and Madhu Khanna, “Carbon savings with transatlantic trade in pellets: accounting for market-driven effects,” Environmental Research Letters, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 114019, 2015.