- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 470412, 8 pages
Information in Repeated Ultimatum Game with Unknown Pie Size
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics, Faculty of Business Administration, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Received 24 August 2012; Revised 15 November 2012; Accepted 27 November 2012
Academic Editor: Philip J. Grossman
Copyright © 2013 Ching Chyi Lee and William K. Lau. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. E. Bolton, E. Katok, and K. Zwick, “Dictator game giving: rules of fairness versus acts of kindness,” International Journal of Game Theory, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 269–299, 1998.
- E. Fehr and K. M. Schmidt, “A theory of fairness, competition, and cooperation,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 114, no. 3, pp. 817–868, 1999.
- M. Mitzkewitz and R. Nagel, “Experimental results on ultimatum games with incomplete information,” International Journal of Game Theory, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 171–198, 1993.
- R. T. A. Croson, “Information in ultimatum games: an experimental study,” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 197–212, 1996.
- J. H. Kagel, C. Kim, and D. Moser, “Fairness in ultimatum games with asymmetric information and asymmetric payoffs,” Games and Economic Behavior, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 100–110, 1996.
- H. Raiffa, The Art & Science of Negotiation, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1982.
- C. C. Lee and M. J. Ferguson, “To reveal or not to reveal? Strategic disclosure of private information in negotiation,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 207, no. 1, pp. 380–390, 2010.
- J. Stahl, Bargaining Theory, Stockholm, Sweden, 1972.
- W. Güth, R. Schmittberger, and B. Schwarze, “An experimental analysis of ultimatum bargaining,” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 367–388, 1982.
- W. Güth and R. Tietz, “Ultimatum bargaining behavior. A survey and comparison of experimental results,” Journal of Economic Psychology, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 417–449, 1990.
- C. Camerer and R. H. Thaler, “Anomalies: ultimatums, dictators and manners,” Journal of Economic Perspectives, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 209–219, 1995.
- J. Ochs and A. E. Roth, “An experimental study of sequential bargaining,” American Economic Review, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 355–384, 1989.
- R. H. Thaler, “Anomalies: the ultimatum game,” Journal of Economic Perspectives, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 195–206, 1988.
- G. E. Bolton, “A comparative model of bargaining: theory and evidence,” American Economic Review, vol. 81, pp. 1096–1136, 1991.
- S. T. Trautmann, “A Fehr-Schmidt model for process fairness,” Working Paper, CREED, University of Amsterdam, 2006.
- W. Güth, “On ultimatum bargaining experiments—a personal review,” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 329–344, 1995.
- C. F. Camerer, T. H. Ho, and J. K. Chong, “A cognitive hierarchy model of games,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 119, no. 3, pp. 861–898, 2004.
- A. V. Banerjee, “A simple model of herd behavior,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 107, no. 3, pp. 797–817, 1992.
- G. W. Brown, “Iterative solutions of games by fictitious play,” in Activity Analysis of Production and Allocation, T. C. Koopmans, Ed., John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1951.