- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 505230, 5 pages
Risk Management at the Macroeconomy Level and Development in Developing Countries
Economics, Eastern Illinois University, 600 East Lincoln Avenue, Charleston, IL 61920, USA
Received 29 March 2014; Revised 6 May 2014; Accepted 7 May 2014; Published 19 May 2014
Academic Editor: Udo Broll
Copyright © 2014 Minh Quang Dao. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- World Bank, “Risk and opportunity: managing risk for development,” World Development Report 2014, Washington, DC, USA, 2013.
- T. Didier, C. Hevia, and S. Schmukler, “How resilient and countercyclical were emerging economies during the global financial crisis?” Journal of International Money and Finance, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 2052–2077, 2012.
- M. Bruno and W. Easterly, “Inflation crises and long-run growth,” Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 3–26, 1998.
- R. J. Barro, “Rare disasters, asset prices, and welfare costs,” American Economic Review, vol. 99, no. 1, pp. 243–264, 2009.
- V. Hnatkovska and N. Loyaza, “Volatility and growth,” in Managing Economic Volatility and Crises: A Practitioner’s Guide, J. Aizenman and B. Pinto, Eds., pp. 65–100, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- G. L. Kaminsky, C. M. Reinhart, and C. A. Végh, “When it rains, it pours: procyclical capital flows and macroeconomic policies,” in NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2004, M. Gertler and K. Rogoff, Eds., pp. 11–82, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2005.
- S. Edwards and E. Levy Yeyati, “Flexible exchange rates as shock absorbers,” European Economic Review, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 2079–2105, 2005.
- R. Ramcharan, “Does the exchange rate regime matter for real shocks? Evidence from windstorms and earthquakes,” Journal of International Economics, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 31–47, 2007.
- S. Edwards, “Thirty years of current account imbalances, current account reversals, and sudden stops,” IMF Staff Papers, vol. 51, pp. 1–49, 2004.
- P. R. Lane and G. M. Milesi-Ferretti, “External adjustment and the global crisis,” Journal of International Economics, vol. 88, no. 2, pp. 252–265, 2012.
- A. R. Ghosh, M. S. Qureshi, and C. G. Tsangarides, “Is the exchange rate regime really irrelevant for external adjustment?” Economic Letters, vol. 118, no. 1, pp. 104–109, 2013.
- R. Reinikka and J. Svensson, “Fighting corruption to improve schooling: evidence from a newspaper campaign in Uganda,” Journal of the European Economic Association, vol. 3, no. 2-3, pp. 259–267, 2005.
- J. Speer, “Participatory governance reform: a good strategy for increasing government responsiveness and improving public services?” World Development, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 2379–2398, 2012.
- S. Devarajan, S. Khemani, and M. Walton, “Civil society, public action and accountability in Africa,” Policy Research Working Paper 5733, World Bank, Washington, DC, USA, 2011.
- World Bank, “Gender equality and development,” World Development Report 2012, Washington, DC, USA, 2011.
- World Bank, “World Development Indicators 2013,” Washington, DC, USA, 2013, http://data.worldbank.org/data-catalog/world-development-indicators.
- M. Björkman and J. Svensson, “Power to the people: evidence from a randomized field experiment on community-based monitoring in uganda,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 124, no. 2, pp. 735–769, 2009.
- P. Pandey, A. R. Sehgal, M. Riboud, D. Levine, and M. Goyal, “Informing resource-poor populations and the delivery of entitled health and social services in rural India: a cluster randomized controlled trial,” The Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 298, no. 16, pp. 1867–1875, 2007.