- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 592719, 5 pages
Domestic Investment, Foreign Direct Investment, and Economic Growth Nexus: A Case of Pakistan
Department of Economics, Gomal University, D.I. Khan 29050, Pakistan
Received 18 April 2014; Accepted 11 June 2014; Published 29 June 2014
Academic Editor: Raouf Boucekkine
Copyright © 2014 Irfan Ullah et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. K. Choong and K. P. Lim, “Foreign direct investment, financial development and economic growth: the case of Malaysia,” Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 13–30, 2009.
- L. Ndikumana and S. Verick, “The linkages between FDI and domestic investment: unraveling the developmental impact of foreign investment in Sub-Saharan Africa,” IZA Discussion Paper 3296, The institute for the Study of Labor (IZA),, Bonn, Germany, 2008.
- P. Agarwal, “Economic Impact of Foreign direct investment in South Asia,” Working Paper, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India, 2000.
- R. V. Goedegebuure, “The effects of outward foreign direct investment on domestic investment,” Investment Management and Financial Innovations, vol. 3, no. 1, 2006.
- M. A. Khan, “Foreign direct investment and economic growth: the role of domestic financial sector,” Working Paper 18, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, Islamabad, Pakistan, 2007.
- N. Falki, “Impact of foreign direct investment on economic growth in Pakistan,” International Review of Business Research Papers, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 110–120, 2009.
- A. Ghazali, “Analyzing the relationship between foreign direct investment domestic investment and economic growth for Pakistan,” International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, vol. 47, pp. 127–135, 2010.
- P. Eregha, “The dynamic linkages between foreign direct investment and domestic investment in ECOWAS countries: a panel cointegration analysis,” in Proceedings of the Conference of the Centre for the Study of African Economics, Oxford University, Oxford, UK, March 2011.
- E. Braunstein and G. Epstein, “Bargaining power and foreign direct investment in China: can 1.3 billions consumers tame the multinationals?” CEPA Working Paper 2002/13, Center for Economic Policy Analysis, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- N. Kumar and J. P. Pradhan, “FDI, externalities and economic growth in developing countries. Some empirical explorations and implications for WTO negotiations on investment,” RIS Discussion Paper 27, 2002.
- J. W. Fedderke and A. T. Romm, “Growth impact and determinants of foreign direct investment into South Africa, 1956–2003,” Economic Modelling, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 738–760, 2006.
- D. Titarenko, “The influence of foreign direct investment on domestic investment processes in Latvia,” Transport and Telecommunication, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 76–83, 2006.
- M. Udomkerdmongkol and O. Morrissey, “Political regime, private investment and foreign direct invesment in developing countries,” UNU-WIDER Research Paper 2008/109, 2008.
- S. Adams, “Foreign direct investment, domestic investment, and economic growth in Sub-Saharan Africa,” Journal of Policy Modeling, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 939–949, 2009.
- S. A. Rizvi, “Relationship between socio-economic development and foreign direct investment: empirical evidence from Pakistan,” Pakistan Business Review, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 804–823, 2010.
- N. S. Siddharthan, “Regional Differences in FDI Inflows: china-India Comparison,” 2006.
- C. W. J. Granger, “Investigating causal relations by econometric models and cross-spectral methods,” Econometrica, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 424–438, 1969.
- R. F. Engle and C. W. Granger, “Cointegration and error correction: representation, estimation, and testing,” Econometrica, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 251–276, 1987.
- S. Johansen and K. Juselius, “Maximum likelihood estimation and inference on co-integration with application to the demand for money,” Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 169–209, 1990.
- N. S. Shirazi and T. A. Abdul Manap, “Exports and economic growth nexus: The case of Pakistan,” Pakistan Development Review, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 563–581, 2004.
- H. Y. Toda and T. Yamamoto, “Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes,” Journal of Econometrics, vol. 66, no. 1-2, pp. 225–250, 1995.
- C. Tang, “An empirical modelling on savings behaviour in malaysia,” Labuan Bulletin of International Business & Finance, vol. 6, pp. 57–76, 2008.
- World Bank, Various Issues, World Development Indicators, World Bank, Washington, DC, USA, 2010.
- State Bank of Pakistan, Hand Book of Pakistan Economy, State Bank of Pakistan, Karachi, Pakistan, 2010.