- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Education Research International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 963237, 8 pages
The Cyclical Integration Model as a Way of Managing Major Educational Change
The University of Notre Dame Australia, Fremantle 6959, Australia
Received 24 August 2010; Accepted 1 November 2010
Academic Editor: Phillip J. Belfiore
Copyright © 2011 Richard G. Berlach. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Fullan, The New Meaning of Educational Change, Routledge, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 2007.
- M. Aurelius, Meditations, Penguin Classics, 1964, 167.
- P. Marris, Loss and Change, Anchor Press, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- B. Weiner, “History of Motivational Research in Education,” Journal of Educational Psychology, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 616–622, 1990.
- W. Huitt, Motivation to learn: An overview, Educational Psychology Interactive, Valdosta State University, Valdosta, Ga, USA, 2001, http://www.edpsycinteractive.org/topics/motivation/motivate.html.
- A. Bandura, Social Foundations of Thought and Action: A Social-Cognitive Theory, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1986.
- K. Barry and L. King, Beginning Teaching and Beyond, Social Science Press, Katoomba, Australia, 3rd edition, 1998.
- E. Deci and R. Ryan, Intrinsic Motivation and Self-Determination in Human Behaviour, Plenum, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- D. Schunk, “Inherent details of self-regulated learning include student perceptions,” Educational Psychologist, vol. 30, pp. 213–216, 1995.
- D. Schunk and B. Zimmerman, “Self-regulation and learning,” in Handbook of Psychology, Educational Psycholog, W.M. Reynolds and G.E. Miller, Eds., vol. 7, pp. 59–78, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2003.
- J. Rotter, Social Learning and Clinical Psychology, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1954.
- R. deCharms, “Personal causation training in the schools,” Journal of Applied Social Psychology, vol. 2, pp. 95–113, 1972.
- R. deCharms, “Motivation enhancement in educational settings,” in Research on Motivation in Education, Volume 1: Student Motivation, R. Ames and C. Ames, Eds., Academic Press, Orlando, Fla, USA, 1984.
- A. Hargreaves, “The emotions of teaching and educational change,” in International Handbook of Educational Change, Part 1, Section 2, A. Hargreaves, A. Lieberman, M. Fullan, and D. Hopkins, Eds., pp. 558–570, Springer, London, UK, 1998.
- S. Rosenholtz, Teachers' Workplace: The Social Organisation of Schools, Longman, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- J. Gillard, “Speech delivered to Teaching Australia,” October 2008, http://mediacentre.dewr.gov.au/mediacentre/Gillard/Releases/AddresstotheTeachingAustraliaandBCASymposium.htm.
- J. Wanna, “Independence and responsiveness—re-tying the gordian knot: IPAA roundtable,” Australian Journal of Public Administration, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 340–344, 2008.
- J. Bourgon, “The future of public service: a search for a new balance,” Australian Journal of Public Administration, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 390–404, 2008.
- R.G. Berlach, “Outcomes-based education & the death of knowledge,” in Proceedings of the Australian Association for Research in Education Conference, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, December 2004, http://www.aare.edu.au/04pap/ber04768.pdf.
- R. G. Berlach and M. O'Neill, “Western Australia's 'English' course of study: To OBE or not to OBE, perhaps that is the question,” Australian Journal of Education, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 49–62, 2008.
- S. Conley and N. S. Glasman, “Fear, the school organization, and teacher evaluation,” Educational Policy, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 63–85, 2008.
- C. Day and L. Smethem, “The effects of reform: Have teachers really lost their sense of professionalism?” Journal of Educational Change, vol. 10, no. 2-3, pp. 141–157, 2009.
- M. Fullan, Change Forces: Probing the Depths of Educational Reform, Farmer, London, UK, 1993.
- M. Fullan, Leading in a Culture of Change, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2001.
- A. Hargreaves and D. Fink, Sustainable Leadership, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2006.
- S. Horsley, “The politics of public accountability: implications for centralized music education policy development and implementation,” Arts Education Policy Review, vol. 110, no. 4, pp. 6–13, 2009.
- K. Minogue, “The kids are Not Alright,” The First Post, http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/8084,opinion,politicians-not-teachers-are-to-blame-for-britains-decline-in-education.
- J. Kotter, Leading Change, Harvard Business School, Boston, Mass, USA, 1996.
- J. Ryan and C. Rottmann, “Struggling for democracy: Administrative communication in a diverse school context,” Educational Management Administration and Leadership, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 473–496, 2009.
- K. Nixon, “Hierarchical Management Outdated,” 1997, http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/1997/05/05/smallb3.html.
- R. Connell, Teachers’ Work, Allen & Unwin, Sydney, Australia, 1985.
- E. Thorndike, Educational Psychology: The Psychology of Learning, Teachers College Press, New York, NY, USA, 1913.
- K. Leithwood, K. Louis, S. Anderson, and K. Wahlstrom, How Leadership Influences Student Learning, Wallace Foundation, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- L. Tice, Investment in Excellence, The Pacific Institute, Perth, Australia, 1990, audio recordings.
- House of Representatives, Standing Committee on Education and Vocational Training, Top of the Class: Report on the Inquiry into Teacher Education, House of Representatives Publishing Unit, Canberra, Australia, 2007.
- Department of Education and Training, “Workforce profile,” Western Australia, Australia, 2006.
- Department of Education and Training, “WA teacher demand and supply projections,” Western Australia, Australia, 2008.
- G. Ramsey, “Quality matters. Revitalising teaching: critical times, critical choices,” Report of the Review of Teacher Education, New SouthWales, Australia, 2000.