- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Education Research International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 509638, 5 pages
Stability of DREEM in a Sample of Medical Students: A Prospective Study
Medical Education Department, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kota Bharu, Kelantan, Malaysia
Received 14 March 2012; Revised 28 June 2012; Accepted 5 July 2012
Academic Editor: Terry Stratton
Copyright © 2012 Muhamad Saiful Bahri Yusoff. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. A. Dent and R. M. Harden, A Practical Guide for Medical Teachers, Elsevier Churchill Livingstone, 2009.
- D. Newble, R. A. Cannon, and Z. A. Kapelis, A Handbook for Medical Teachers, Kluwer Academic, 2001.
- H. Arzuman, M. S. B. Yusoff, and S. P. Chit, “Big Sib students' perceptions of the educational environment at the school of medical sciences, universiti sains Malaysia, using Dundee Ready Education Environment Measure (DREEM) inventory,” Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 40–47, 2010.
- A. Al-Hazimi, A. Al-Hyiani, and S. Roff, “Perceptions of the educational environment of the medical school in King Abdul Aziz University, Saudi Arabia,” Medical Teacher, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 570–573, 2004.
- A. Al-Hazimi, R. Zaini, A. Al-Hyiani et al., “Educational environment in traditional and innovative medical schools: a study in four undergraduate medical schools,” Education for Health, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 192–203, 2004.
- N. M. Mohd Said, J. Rogayah, and A. Hafizah, “A study of learning environments in the Kulliyyah (Faculty) of Nursing, International Islamic University Malaysia,” Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 15–24, 2009.
- B. S. Thomas, R. R. Abraham, M. Alexander, and K. Ramnarayan, “Students' perceptions regarding educational environment in an Indian dental school,” Medical Teacher, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. e185–e188, 2009.
- S. Roff, S. McAleer, R. M. Harden et al., “Development and validation of the Dundee Ready Education Environment Measure (DREEM),” Medical Teacher, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 295–299, 1997.
- R. Varma, E. Tiyagi, and J. K. Gupta, “Determining the quality of educational climate across multiple undergraduate teaching sites using the DREEM inventory,” BMC Medical Education, vol. 5, no. 1, p. 8, 2005.
- A. Riquelme, M. Oporto, J. Oporto et al., “Measuring students' perceptions of the educational climate of the new curriculum at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile: performance of the Spanish translation of the Dundee Ready Education Environment Measure (DREEM),” Education for Health, vol. 22, no. 1, p. 112, 2009.
- I. D. Dimoliatis, E. Vasilaki, P. Anastassopoulos, J. P. Ioannidis, and S. Roff, “Validation of the Greek translation of the Dundee Ready Education Environment Measure (DREEM),” Education for Health, vol. 23, no. 1, p. 348, 2010.
- U. Jakobsson, N. Danielsen, and G. Edgren, “Psychometric evaluation of the Dundee Ready Educational Environment Measure: Swedish version,” Medical Teacher, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. e267–e274, 2011.
- S. M. Hammond, M. O'Rourke, M. Kelly, D. Bennett, and S. O'Flynn, “A psychometric appraisal of the DREEM,” BMC Medical Education, vol. 12, no. 1, p. 2, 2012.
- L. D. Streiner and G. R. Norman, Health Measurement Scales: A Practical Guide to Their Development and Use, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- M. S. B. Yusoff, “Psychometric properties of dreem in a sample of malaysian medical students,” Medical Teacher, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 595–596, 2012.
- D. G. Altman, Practical Statistics For Medical Research, Chapman & Hall, London, UK, 1991.
- J. R. Landis and G. G. Koch, “The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data,” Biometrics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 159–174, 1977.
- P. E. Shrout and J. L. Fleiss, “Intraclass correlations: uses in assessing rater reliability,” Psychological Bulletin, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 420–428, 1979.
- J. S. Khan, S. Tabasum, U. K. Yousafzai, and M. Fatima, “DREEM on: validation of the dundee ready education environment measure in Pakistan,” Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association, vol. 61, no. 9, pp. 885–888, 2011.
- S. McAleer and S. Roff, “A practical guide to using the Dundee Ready Education Environment Measure (DREEM),” AMEE Medical Education Guide, no. 23, pp. 29–33, 2001.
- S. Roff and S. McAleer, “What is educational climate?” Medical Teacher, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 333–334, 2001.
- J. C. Nunally, Psychometric Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1978.