- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Emergency Medicine International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 360308, 5 pages
The Impact of Psychiatric Patient Boarding in Emergency Departments
Department of Emergency Medicine, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston-Salem, NC 27157, USA
Received 28 January 2012; Revised 5 June 2012; Accepted 5 June 2012
Academic Editor: Robert W. Derlet
Copyright © 2012 B. A. Nicks and D. M. Manthey. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Katherine B. Ginnis, Erina M. White, Abigail M. Ross, and Elizabeth A. Wharff, “Family-Based Crisis Intervention in the Emergency Department: A New Model of Care,” Journal of Child and Family Studies, 2013.
- Nerolie Bost, Julia Crilly, and Karen Wallen, “Characteristics and process outcomes of patients presenting to an australian emergency department for mental health and non-mental health diagnoses,” International Emergency Nursing, 2013.
- Jason M. Nolan, Christopher Fee, Bruce A. Cooper, Sally H. Rankin, and Mary A. Blegen, “Psychiatric Boarding Incidence, Duration, and Associated Factors in United States Emergency Departments,” Journal of Emergency Nursing, 2014.
- William E. Greenberg, “Resident Recruitment and Mental Health Parity,” Academic Psychiatry, 2014.