- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Emergency Medicine International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 737391, 4 pages
Improving Knowledge and Process for International Emergency Medicine Fellowship Applicants: A Call for a Uniform Application
1Department of Emergency Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
2Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern, Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
3Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
4Department of Emergency Medicine, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20052, USA
5Department of Emergency Medicine, Gwinnett Medical Center, Lawrenceville, GA 30096, USA
Received 19 December 2012; Accepted 17 January 2013
Academic Editor: Harold K. Simon
Copyright © 2013 Gabrielle A. Jacquet et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. D. Anderson, A. Hegedus, C. J. Holliman, G. Ohlen, D. Williams, and R. Suter, “Worldwide growth of emergency medicine as a recognized medical specialty,” Manuscript in submission.
- T. L. Thomas, “Developing and implementing emergency medicine programs globally,” Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 177–197, 2005.
- L. R. Goldfrank, “Medical toxicology training and certification,” Academic Emergency Medicine, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 124–126, 1994.
- P. M. Wax, M. D. Ford, G. R. Bond et al., “The core content of medical toxicology,” Annals of Emergency Medicine, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 209–214, 2004.
- J. R. Krohmer, R. A. Swor, N. Benson, S. A. Meador, and S. J. Davidson, “Prototype core content for a fellowship in emergency medical services,” Annals of Emergency Medicine, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 109–114, 1994.
- J. A. Marx, “SAEM emergency medical services fellowship guidelines. SAEM EMS Task Force. Society for Academic Emergency Medicine,” Academic Emergency Medicine, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 1069–1070, 1999.
- NAEMSP, “Emergency Medical Services Fellowship Curriculum,” 2009, http://www.naemsp.org/Documents/EMSFellowshipDRAFTCurriculum.pdf.
- B. C. Scott, “Administrative fellowships in emergency medicine,” Physician Executive, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 35–36, 1995.
- ACEP Ultrasound Section, “Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship Guidelines: An Information Paper,” 2011, http://www.acep.org/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=80954&libID=80981.
- C. King, G. J. Nilsen, F. M. Henretig, and D. K. Wagner, “Proposed core content for pediatric emergency medicine fellowship training of emergency medicine graduates,” Annals of Emergency Medicine, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 825–835, 1994.
- K. L. Koenig, T. Bey, and C. H. Schultz, “International disaster medical sciences fellowship: model curriculum and key considerations for establishment of an innovative international educational program,” Western Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 213–219, 2009.
- L. M. Yarris, W. C. Coates, M. Lin, K. Lind, J. Jordan, S. Clarke, et al., “A suggested core content for education scholarship fellowships in emergency medicine,” Academic Emergency Medicine, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 1425–1433, 2012.
- M. J. VanRooyen, D. Townes, and R. Hart, “International health fellowship: a proposed curriculum for emergency physicians,” Academic Emergency Medicine, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. 1112–1113, 1995.
- M. J. VanRooyen, D. A. Townes, R. G. Hart, and P. Willoughby, “International health fellowship: a proposed curriculum for emergency physicians,” Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 249–252, 1997.
- J. Bayram, S. Rosborough, S. Bartels et al., “Core curricular elements for fellowship training in international emergency medicine,” Academic Emergency Medicine, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 748–757, 2010.
- “National Resident Matching Program partipacting fellowships website,” 2013, http://www.nrmp.org/fellow/match_name/index.html.
- M. D. Patrick Hunt and FACEP, “Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship website,” 2013, http://www.eusfellowships.com/.
- M. D. Patrick Hunt and FACEP, “Emergency Medicine Critical Care Medicine (EM-CCM) Fellowship website,” 2013, http://www.emccmfellowship.org/.
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine, “EM Fellowships,” 2011, http://www.aaem.org/international/em-fellowships.
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine, “Fellowship Directory,” 2011, http://www.saem.org/fellowship-directory/.
- Emergency Medicine Residents Association, “International Emergency Medicine Fellowships,” 2011, http://www.emra.org/content.aspx?id=289.
- FREIDA Online Database, 2013, http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/education-careers/graduate-medical-education/freida-online.page.