- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 537821, 7 pages
Protein Kinase C and Toll-Like Receptor Signaling
1Center for Cardiovascular Sciences, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
2Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Received 2 March 2011; Accepted 31 May 2011
Academic Editor: Hong-Jian Zhu
Copyright © 2011 Daniel J. Loegering and Michelle R. Lennartz. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [29 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Erin Harberts, and Anthony A Gaspari, “TLR Signaling and DNA Repair: Are They Associated?,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 133, no. 2, pp. 296–302, 2012.
- Kalina Szteyn, Wenting Yang, Evi Schmid, Florian Lang, and Ekaterina Shumilina, “Lipopolysaccharide-sensitive H+ current in dendritic cells,” American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology, vol. 303, no. 2, pp. C204–C212, 2012.
- Min-Der Shi, Yuan-Wei Shih, Ya-Shan Lee, Yueh-Feng Cheng, and Li-Yu Tsai, “Suppression of 12-O-Tetradecanoylphorbol-13-Acetate-Induced MCF-7 Breast Adenocarcinoma Cells Invasion/Migration by α-Tomatine Through Activating PKCα/ERK/NF-κB-Dependent MMP-2/MMP-9 Expressions,” Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 161–174, 2012.
- Khalid Z. Matalka, Fatema Alfarhoud, Nidal A. Qinna, Eyad M. Mallah, Wael A. Abu-Dayyih, and Zuhair A. Muhi-Eldeen, “Anti-inflammatory aminoacetylenic isoindoline-1,3-dione derivatives modulate cytokines production from different spleen cell populations,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 296–301, 2012.
- Yan-Fei Mao, You-Lei Zhang, Qi-Hong Yu, Yao-Hao Jiang, Xin-Wei Wang, Yuan Yao, and Jun-Long Huang, “Chronic restraint stress aggravated arthritic joint swell of rats through regulating nitric oxide production,” Nitric Oxide - Biology and Chemistry, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 137–142, 2012.
- Jill A. Poole, Debra J. Romberger, Chris Bauer, Angela M. Gleason, Joseph H. Sisson, Peter J. Oldenburg, William W. West, and Todd A. Wyatt, “Protein kinase C epsilon is important in modulating organic-dust-induced airway inflammation,” Experimental Lung Research, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 383–395, 2012.
- Mark J. Mondrinos, Paul A. Kennedy, Melanie Lyons, Clifford S. Deutschman, and Laurie E. Kilpatrick, “Protein Kinase C and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome,” Shock, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 467–479, 2013.
- Hyun-Ju Jang, Hae-Suk Kim, Daniel H. Hwang, Michael J. Quon, and Jeong-A Kim, “Toll-like receptor 2 mediates high-fat diet-induced impairment of vasodilator actions of insulin,” American Journal Of Physiology-Endocrinology And Metabolism, vol. 304, no. 10, pp. E1077–E1088, 2013.
- Nicole M. Chapman, Mahmood Y. Bilal, Noemi Cruz-Orcutt, Cory Knudson, Sofia Madinaveitia, Jonathan Light, and Jon C.D. Houtman, “Distinct signaling pathways regulate TLR2 co-stimulatory function in human T cells,” Cellular Signalling, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 639–650, 2013.
- Hartwig P. Huemer, Markus Geiger, Wilfried Posch, Nina Krumböck, Friedrich Fresser, Doris Wilflingseder, and Florian Überall, “Protein Kinase C Overexpression Does Not Enhance Immune-Stimulatory Surface Markers of Vaccinia-Infected Dendritic Cells and DC Cell Lines,” Immunological Investigations, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 164–177, 2013.
- Natalie Mutig, Cornelia Geers-Knoerr, Birgit Piep, Aanchal Pahuja, Peter M. Vogt, Bernhard Brenner, Andreas D. Niederbichler, and Theresia Kraft, “Lipoteichoic acid from Staphylococcus aureus directly affects cardiomyocyte contractility and calcium transients,” Molecular Immunology, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 720–728, 2013.
- Christian Bode, Britta Diedrich, Stefan Muenster, Viktoria Hentschel, Christina Weisheit, Kuno Rommelsheim, Andreas Hoeft, Rainer Meyer, Olaf Boehm, Pascal Knuefermann, and Georg Baumgarten, “Antibiotics regulate the immune response in both presence and absence of lipopolysaccharide through modulation of Toll-like receptors, cytokine production and phagocytosis in vitro,” International Immunopharmacology, 2013.
- Nir Waiskopf, Keren Ofek, Adi Gilboa-Geffen, Uriya Bekenstein, Assaf Bahat, Estelle R. Bennett, Erez Podoly, Oded Livnah, Gunther Hartmann, and Hermona Soreq, “AChE and RACK1 Promote the Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Fluoxetine,” Journal of Molecular Neuroscience, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 306–315, 2013.
- Masanori Nakayama, Yasuo Niki, Toshiki Kawasaki, Yuki Takeda, Hiroyasu Ikegami, Yoshiaki Toyama, and Takeshi Miyamoto, “IL-32-PAR2 axis is an innate immunity sensor providing alternative signaling for LPS-TRIF axis,” Scientific Reports, vol. 3, 2013.
- Nazzy Pakpour, Lauren Camp, Hannah M. Smithers, Bo Wang, Zhijian Tu, Steven A. Nadler, and Shirley Luckhart, “Protein Kinase C-Dependent Signaling Controls the Midgut Epithelial Barrier to Malaria Parasite Infection in Anopheline Mosquitoes,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- Takashi Hayashi, Tomoyuki Yoshida, Ryo Taguchi, Masayoshi Mishina, and Moonjin Ra, “IL1RAPL1 Associated with Mental Retardation and Autism Regulates the Formation and Stabilization of Glutamatergic Synapses of Cortical Neurons through RhoA Signaling Pathway,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 6, 2013.
- Rachana Garg, Marcelo G. Kazanietz, and M. Cecilia Caino, “Regulation of Transcriptional Networks by PKC Isozymes: Identification of c-Rel as a Key Transcription Factor for PKC-Regulated Genes,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 6, 2013.
- Sedat Resad, Daniel M. Tremmel, Christopher J. Little, and Cedric S. Wesley, “Notch and PKC Are Involved in Formation of the Lateral Region of the Dorso-Ventral Axis in Drosophila Embryos,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- Pasquale Ferraro, Guillaume F. Bouvet, Juan B. de Sanctis, David Eidelman, Karuthapillai Govindaraju, Yves Berthiaume, Francis Migneault, Emilie Boncoeur, Andre Dagenais, Valerie Tardif, and Danuta Radzioch, “Induction of nitric oxide synthase expression by lipopolysaccharide is mediated by calcium-dependent PKC alpha-beta 1 in alveolar epithelial cells,” American Journal Of Physiology-Lung Cellular And Molecular Physiology, vol. 305, no. 2, pp. L175–L184, 2013.
- Dimity H. Ball, Hwee Kee Tay, Kara S. Bell, Michelle L. Coates, Lamyaa Al-Riyami, Justyna Rzepecka, William Harnett, and Margaret M. Harnett, “Mast Cell Subsets and Their Functional Modulation by the Acanthocheilonema viteae Product ES-62,” Journal of Parasitology Research, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Rajiv Lochan Tiwari, Vishal Singh, Ankita Singh, Minakshi Rana, Anupam Verma, Nikhil Kothari, Monica Kohli, Jaishri Bogra, Madhu Dikshit, and Manoj Kumar Barthwal, “PKC delta-IRAK1 axis regulates oxidized LDL-induced IL-1 beta production in monocytes,” Journal of Lipid Research, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 1226–1244, 2014.
- B. L. Slomiany, and A. Slomiany, “Modulation of gastric mucosal inflammatory responses to Helicobacter pylori via ghrelin-induced protein kinase Cδ tyrosine phosphorylation,” Inflammopharmacology, 2014.
- Galina Dvoriantchikova, Andrea Rachelle C. Santos, Ali M. Saeed, Xenia Dvoriantchikova, and Dmitry Ivanov, “Putative role of protein kinase C in neurotoxic inflammation mediated by extracellular heat shock protein 70 after ischemia-reperfusion,” Journal of Neuroinflammation, vol. 11, 2014.
- Rehan Zafar Paracha, Amjad Ali, Jamil Ahmad, Riaz Hussain, Umar Niazi, and Syed Aun Muhammad, “Structural evaluation of BTK and PKCδ mediated phosphorylation of MAL at positions Tyr86 and Tyr106,” Computational Biology and Chemistry, 2014.
- Gerda Venter, Saskia Polling, Helma Pluk, Hanka Venselaar, Mietske Wijers, Marieke Willemse, Jack A.M. Fransen, and Bé Wieringa, “Submembranous recruitment of creatine kinase B supports formation of dynamic actin-based protrusions of macrophages and relies on its C-terminal flexible loop,” European Journal of Cell Biology, 2014.
- Mitchell A. Pallett, Cedric N. Berger, Jaclyn S. Pearson, Elizabeth L. Hartland, and Gad Frankel, “The Type III Secretion Effector NleF of Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli Activates NF-kappa B Early during Infection,” Infection and Immunity, vol. 82, no. 11, pp. 4878–4888, 2014.
- Clara Meana, Lucia Pena, Gema Lorden, Esperanza Esquinas, Carlos Guijas, Martin Valdearcos, Jesus Balsinde, and Maria A. Balboa, “Lipin-1 Integrates Lipid Synthesis with Proinflammatory Responses during TLR Activation in Macrophages,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 193, no. 9, pp. 4614–4622, 2014.
- Stéphane Bastianetto, Caroline Ménard, and Rémi Quirion, “Neuroprotective action of resveratrol,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, 2014.
- Ugo Fiocco, Benedetta Accordi, Veronica Martini, Francesca Oliviero, Monica Facco, Anna Cabrelle, Lucia Piva, Beatrice Molena, Francesco Caso, Luisa Costa, Anna Scanu, Elisa Pagnin, Mariangela Atteno, Raffaele Scarpa, Giuseppe Basso, Gianpietro Semenzato, Leonardo Punzi, Andrea Doria, and Jean-Michel Dayer, “JAK/STAT/PKCδ molecular pathways in synovial fluid T lymphocytes reflect the in vivo T helper-17 expansion in psoriatic arthritis,” Immunologic Research, 2014.