- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Epidemiology Research International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 136946, 5 pages
Study and Management of a Q Fever Outbreak among Machine Tool Workers in the Basque Country (Spain)
1Preventive Medicine Unit of Cruces Hospital, Basque Health Service OSAKIDETZA, 48903 Barakaldo, Bizkaia, Spain
2Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Basque Country, 48940 Leioa, Bizkaia, Spain
3Unit of Epidemiology of Bizkaia, Sub-Directorate of Public Health of Bizkaia, Health Department of The Basque Government, 48008 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
4Laboratory of Microbiology, Basurto Hospital, Basque Health Service OSAKIDETZA, 48013 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
Received 9 November 2010; Revised 30 December 2010; Accepted 22 January 2011
Academic Editor: Leo J. Schouten
Copyright © 2011 Jesús Delgado Naranjo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. E. Delsing and B. J. Kullberg, “Q fever in the Netherlands: a concise overview and implications of the largest ongoing outbreak,” Netherlands Journal of Medicine, vol. 66, no. 9, pp. 365–367, 2008.
- H. Tissot-Dupont and D. Raoult, “Q fever,” Infectious Disease Clinics of North America, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 505–514, 2008.
- J. M. Sanzo, M. A. Garcia-Calabuig, A. Audicanat, and V. Dehesa, “Q fever: prevalence of antibodies to Coxiella burnetii in the Basque Country,” International Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1183–1188, 1993.
- M. Montejo Baranda, J. Corral Carranceja, and C. Aguirre Errasti, “Q fever in the Basque Country: 1981–1984,” Reviews of Infectious Diseases, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 700–701, 1985.
- E. C. Aguirre, B. M. Montejo, J. L. Hernandez Almaraz, et al., “An outbreak of Q fever in the Basque country,” Canadian Medical Association Journal, vol. 131, pp. 48–49, 1984.
- L. E. Wilson, S. Couper, H. Prempeh, et al., “Investigation of a Q Fever Outbreak in a Scottish Co-Located Slaughterhouse and Cutting Plant, Zoonoses,” Public Health, pp. 493–498, 2009.
- I. Karagiannis, G. Morroy, A. Rietveld et al., “Q fever outbreak in the Netherlands: a preliminary report,” Euro Surveillance, vol. 12, no. 8, Article ID E070809.2, 2007.
- A. Medić, B. Dželalija, V. P. Polićo, I. G. Margan, B. Turković, and V. Gilić, “Q fever epidemic among employees in a factory in the suburb of Zadar, Croatia,” Croatian Medical Journal, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 315–319, 2005.
- “Q fever outbreak in Switzerland,” MMWR, vol. 33, no. 25, pp. 355–361, 1984.
- “Dirección Territorial de Sanidad y Consumo de Bizkaia,” Surveillance Review 2009, http://www.euskadi.net/contenidos/informacion/publicaciones_epidem/es_4383/adjuntos/Bizkaia2009_cas.pdf. 2010.
- F. Ruiz-Fons, I. Astobiza, J. F. Barandika et al., “Seroepidemiological study of Q fever in domestic ruminants in semi-extensive grazing systems,” BMC veterinary research, vol. 6, p. 3, 2010.
- M. Maurin and D. Raoult, “Q fever,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 518–553, 1999.
- I. D. Aitken, K. Bogel, E. Cracea et al., “Q fever in Europe: current aspects of aetiology, epidemiology, human infection, diagnosis and therapy,” Infection, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 323–327, 1987.
- J. D. Hartzell, R. N. Wood-Morris, L. J. Martinez, and R. F. Trotta, “Q fever: epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 83, no. 5, pp. 574–579, 2008.
- O. A. Sukocheva, B. P. Marmion, P. A. Storm, M. Lockhart, M. Turra, and S. Graves, “Long-term persistence after acute Q fever of non-infective Coxiella burnetii cell components, including antigens,” QJM, vol. 103, no. 11, pp. 847–863, 2010.