- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Epilepsy Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 747565, 7 pages
Epileptic Encephalopathy in Children with Risk Factors for Brain Damage
Unidad de Investigación en Neurodesarrollo, Departamento de Neurobiología Conductual y Cognitiva, Instituto de Neurobiología, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Juriquilla, 76230 Querétaro, ORO, Mexico
Received 15 March 2012; Revised 26 April 2012; Accepted 17 May 2012
Academic Editor: Nicola Specchio
Copyright © 2012 Josefina Ricardo-Garcell et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. T. Berg, S. F. Berkovic, M. J. Brodie et al., “Revised terminology and concepts for organization of seizures and epilepsies: Report of the ILAE Commission on Classification and Terminology, 2005–2009,” Epilepsia, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 676–685, 2010.
- R. G. Nordli Jr., J. Riviello Jr., and E. Niedermeyer, “Seizures and epilepsy in infants to adolescents,” in Niedermeyer's Electroencephalography: Basic Principles, Clinical Applications, and Related Fields, D. L. Schomer and F. H. da Silva Lopes, Eds., Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 6th edition, 2011.
- C. Amiel-Tison, “Clinical assessment of the infant nervous system,” in Fetal and Neonatal Neurology and Neurosurgery, M. I. Levene, F. A. Chervenak, and M. Whittle, Eds., pp. 99–120, Churchill Livingstone, London, UK, 2001.
- C. Amiel-Tison, “Update of the Amiel-Tison neurologic assessment for the term neonate or at 40 weeks corrected age,” Pediatric Neurology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 196–212, 2002.
- N. Bayley, Bayley Scales of Infant Development, The Psychological Corporation, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- M. M. Black and K. Matula, Essentials of Bayley Scales of Infant Development II Assessment, John Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- D. Wechsler, Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence—Revised, The Psychological Corporation, San Antonio, Tex, USA, 1989.
- O. Flodmark, B. Lupton, D. Li et al., “MR imaging of periventricular leukomalacia in childhood,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 152, no. 3, pp. 583–590, 1989.
- L. T. T. Sie, M. S. Van Der Knaap, G. Van Wezel-Meijler, A. H. M. Taets Van Amerongen, H. N. Lafeber, and J. Valk, “Early MR features of hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonates with periventricular densities on sonograms,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 852–861, 2000.
- H. Gastaut, J. L. Gastaut, E. G. E. Goncalves Silva, and G. R. FernandezSanchez, “Relative frequency of different types of epilepsy: a study employing the classification of the international league against epilepsy,” Epilepsia, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 457–461, 1975.
- T. Kurokawa, N. Goya, and Y. Fukuyama, “West syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: a survey of natural history,” Pediatrics, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 81–88, 1980.
- G. Olmos-Garcia de Alba, J. M. Valdez, and F. V. Crespo, “West syndrome evolving into the Lennox-Gastaut syndrome,” Clinical EEG Electroencephalography, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 61–68, 1984.
- O. N. Markand, “Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (childhood epileptic encephalopathy),” Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 426–441, 2003.
- S. J. You, H. D. Kim, and H. C. Kang, “Factors influencing the evolution of west syndrome to Lennox-Gastaut syndrome,” Pediatric Neurology, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 111–113, 2009.
- S. Ohtahara, Y. Yamatogi, and Y. Ohtsuka, “Prognosis of the West syndrome with special reference to the Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: a developmental study,” in Advances in Epileptology. X International Epilepsy Symposium, J. A. Wada and J. K. Penry, Eds., pp. 149–154, Raven Press, New York, NY, USA, 1980.
- J. R. Hughes, “Natural study of hypsarrhytmia,” Clinical Electroencephalography, vol. 16, pp. 128–130, 1985.
- H. Ozawa, T. Hashimoto, T. Endo et al., “West syndrome with periventricular leukomalacia: a morphometric MRI study,” Pediatric Neurology, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 358–363, 1998.
- M. Rutherford, P. Ward, J. Allsop, C. Malamatentiou, and S. Counsell, “Magnetic resonance imaging in neonatal encephalopathy,” Early Human Development, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 13–25, 2005.
- R. Kuzmanic-Samija, B. Resik, and M. Tomasovic, “West syndrome with periventricular leukomalacia: ten year clinical study,” Collegium Antropologicum, vol. 31, pp. 105–111, 2007.