- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Epilepsy Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 932790, 10 pages
Why Are Seizures Rare in Rapid Eye Movement Sleep? Review of the Frequency of Seizures in Different Sleep Stages
1Department of Neurology, Epilepsy Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
2Department of Neurology, Division of Epilepsy, EEG, and Sleep Neurology, Brigham and Women’s-Faulkner Hospital, 1153 Centre Street, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Received 14 March 2013; Accepted 16 May 2013
Academic Editor: M. Maestri
Copyright © 2013 Marcus Ng and Milena Pavlova. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [2 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Darakul Pornsriniyom, Krekwit Shinlapawittayatorn, Joanna Fong, Noah D. Andrews, and Nancy Foldvary-Schaefer, “Continuous positive airway pressure therapy for obstructive sleep apnea reduces interictal epileptiform discharges in adults with epilepsy,” Epilepsy & Behavior, vol. 37, pp. 171–174, 2014.
- Madineh Sedigh-Sarvestani, Godfrey I. Thuku, Sridhar Sunderam, Anjum Parkar, Steven L. Weinstein, Steven J. Schiff, and Bruce J. Gluckman, “Rapid Eye Movement Sleep and Hippocampal Theta Oscillations Precede Seizure Onset in the Tetanus Toxin Model of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 1105–1114, 2014.