- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 671826, 4 pages
On a Subclass of Meromorphic Functions Defined by Hilbert Space Operator
Department of Mathematics, Madras Christian College, Tambaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 059, India
Received 26 April 2013; Accepted 30 May 2013
Academic Editor: JinLin Liu
Copyright © 2013 Thomas Rosy and S. Sunil Varma. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
In this paper, we define a new operator on the class of meromorphic functions and define a subclass using Hilbert space operator. Coefficient estimate, distortion bounds, extreme points, radii of starlikeness, and convexity are obtained.
Let denote the class of meromorphic functions defined on . For given by (1) and given by the Hadamard product (or convolution)  of and is defined by Many subclasses of meromorphic functions have been defined and studied in the past. In particular, the subclasses , and , and and , are considered by researchers. Let be a complex Hilbert space and denote the algebra of all bounded linear operators on . For a complex-valued function analytic in a domain of the complex plane containing the spectrum of the bounded linear operator , let denote the operator on defined by the Riesz-Dunford integral  where is the identity operator on and is a positively oriented simple closed rectifiable closed contour containing the spectrum in the interior domain . The operator can also be defined by the following series: which converges in the norm topology. In this paper, we introduce a subclass of defined using Hilbert space operator and prove a necessary and sufficient condition for the function to belong to this class, the distortion theorem, radius of starlikeness, and convexity. In , Atshan and Buti had defined an operator acting on analytic functions in terms of a definite integral. We modify their operator for meromorphic functions as follows.
Lemma 1. For given by (1), , and , if the operator is defined by then where .
Denote by the class of all functions with .
Definition 2. For , , a function is in the class if for all operators with and , being the zero operator on .
2. Coefficient Bounds
Theorem 3. A meromorphic function given by (1) is in the class if and only if The result is sharp for .
Corollary 4. If of the form (1) is in , then The result is sharp for the function .
Theorem 5. Let and , , , . Then, is in the class if and only if it can be expressed in the form , where and .
3. Distortion Bounds
In this section, we obtain growth and distortion bounds for the class .
Theorem 6. If , then The result is sharp for .
Theorem 7. If , then The result is sharp for .
4. Radii Results
We now find the radius of meromorphically starlikeness and convexity for functions in the class .
Theorem 8. Let . Then, is meromorphically starlike of order , in , where
Theorem 9. Let . Then, is meromorphically convex of order in , where
Theorem 10. The class is closed under convex combination.
Proof. Let and . Then, by Theorem 3, Define . Then, . Now, Thus, .
5. Hadamard Product
Theorem 11. The Hadamard product of two functions and in belongs to the class , where .
Proof. It suffices to prove that
By Cauchy-Schwartz inequality,
We have to find the largest such that
It is enough to find the largest such that
It follows from (38) that
Clearly is an increasing function of . Letting , we prove the assertion.
- P. L. Duren, Univalent Functions, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- T. Rosy, G. Murugusundaramoorthy, and K. Muthunagai, “Certain subclasses of meromorphic functions associated with hypergeometric functions,” International Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 1749–1759, 2011.
- G. Murugusundaramoorthy and T. Rosy, “Subclasses of analytic functions associated with Fox-Wright's generalized hypergeometric functions based on Hilbert space operator,” Studia Universitatis Babeş-Bolyai, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 61–72, 2011.
- N. Dunford and J. T. Schwartz, Linear Operators, Part I: General Theory, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1958.
- K. Fan, “Analytic functions of a proper contraction,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 160, no. 3, pp. 275–290, 1978.
- W. G. Atshan and R. H. Buti, “Fractional calculus of a class of univalent functions with negative coefficients defined by Hadamard product with Rafid-Operator,” European Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 162–173, 2011.