- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 897320, 4 pages
Subdividing the Trefoil by Origami
Department of Mathematics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106-7058, USA
Received 7 November 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editor: Michel Planat
Copyright © 2013 Joel C. Langer and David A. Singer. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Pierpont, “On an undemonstrated theorem of the Disquisitiones Arithmetic,” Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 77–83, 1895.
- M. P. Beloch, “Sul metodo del ripiegamento della carta per la risouzione deiproblemi geometricic,” Periodico di Mathematiche Serie 4, vol. 16, pp. 104–108, 1936.
- T. C. Hull, “Solving cubics with creases: the work of Beloch and Lill,” American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 118, no. 4, pp. 307–315, 2011.
- D. A. Cox, Galois Theory, Pure and Applied Mathematics, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2004.
- M. Rosen, “Abel's theorem on the lemniscate,” The American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 88, no. 6, pp. 387–395, 1981.
- V. Prasolov and Y. Solovyev, Elliptic Functions and Elliptic Integrals, vol. 170 of Translations of Mathematical Monographs, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1997.
- D. A. Cox and J. Shurman, “Geometry and number theory on clovers,” American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 112, no. 8, pp. 682–704, 2005.
- C. Zwikker, The Advanced Geometry of Plane Curves and Their Applications, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- C. Caldwell, Prime pages, http://primes.utm.edu/primes/lists/short.txt.
- N. J. A. Sloane, Ed., “The online encyclopedia of integer sequences,” http://oeis.org/A005109.
- R. C. Alperin, “A mathematical theory of origami constructions and numbers,” New York Journal of Mathematics, vol. 6, pp. 119–133, 2000.