- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Genetics Research International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 273642, 12 pages
Cytogenetic Characteristics of New Monosomic Stocks of Cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.)
1Cotton Genetics Laboratory, National University of Uzbekistan, Tashkent, Vuzgorodok 100174, Uzbekistan
2Center of Genomic Technologies, Institute of Genetics and Plant Experimental Biology, Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan, Yuqori Yuz, Qibray Region, Tashkent 111226, Uzbekistan
Received 28 July 2010; Revised 11 October 2010; Accepted 24 January 2011
Academic Editor: Rhona H. Borts
Copyright © 2011 Marina F. Sanamyan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- National cotton Council, 2006, http://www.cotton.org/.
- Z. J. Chen, B. E. Scheffler, E. Dennis et al., “Toward sequencing cotton (Gossypium) genomes,” Plant Physiology, vol. 145, no. 4, pp. 1303–1310, 2007.
- I. Y. Abdurakhmonov, S. Saha, J. N. Jenkins et al., “Linkage disequilibrium based association mapping of fiber quality traits in G. hirsutum L. variety germplasm,” Genetica, vol. 136, no. 3, pp. 401–417, 2009.
- I. Y. Abdurakhmonov, “Exploiting genetic diversity,” in Proceedings of the 4th World Cotton Research Conference, D. Ethridge, Ed., p. 2153, Lubbock, Tex, USA, 2007, Plenary Presentations and Papers.
- M. S. Brown and J. E. Endrizzi, “The origin, fertility and transmission of monosomic in Gossypium,” American Journal of Botany, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 108–115, 1964.
- J. E. Endrizzi and M. S. Brown, “Identification of monosomes for six chromosomes in Gossypium hirsutum,” American Journal of Botany, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 117–120, 1964.
- D. F. Galen and J. E. Endrizzi, “Induction of monosomes and mutations in cotton by gamma irradiation of pollen,” Journal of Heredity, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 343–346, 1968.
- J. E. Endrizzi and G. Ramsay, “Monosomes and telosomes for 18 of the 26 chromosomes of Gossypium hirsutum,” Canadian Journal of Genetics and Cytology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 531–536, 1979.
- J. E. Endrizzi and G. Ramsay, “Identification of ten chromosome deficiencies of cotton: cytological identification of eight chromosomes and genetic analysis of chromosome deficiencies and marker genes,” Journal of Heredity, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 45–48, 1980.
- J. E. Endrizzi, E. L. Turcotte, and R. J. Kohel, “Genetics, cytology, and evolution of Gossypium,” Advances in Genetics, vol. 23, pp. 271–375, 1985.
- Y. Ji, D. A. Raska, T. D. McKnight et al., “Use of meiotic FISH for identification of a new monosome in Gossypium hirsutum L,” Genome, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 34–40, 1997.
- D. A. Raska, D. M. Stelly, M. N. Islam-Faridi, and M. E. Woods, “Identification of a new monosome in cotton: chromosome 21,” in Proceedings of the Beltwide Cotton Improvement Conference, p. 1072, National Cotton Council, New Orleans, La, USA, 2005.
- M. F. Sanamyan, J. E. Petlyakova, and D. A. Musaev, “The development and a cytogenetic study of monosomics of Gossypium hirsutum L,” Biologia Plantarum, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 193–197, 2000.
- M. F. Sanamyan and J. E. Petlyakova, “Cytogenetic analysis of cotton monosomics,” Biologia Plantarum, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 367–373, 2002.
- M. F. Sanamyan and E. M. Rakhmatullina, “Cytogenetic analysis of translocations in cotton,” Plant Breeding, vol. 122, no. 6, pp. 511–516, 2003.
- M. F. Sanamyan, “Evaluation of the effect of pollen irradiation on karyotype variability in cotton plants,” Russian Journal of Genetics, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 909–916, 2003.
- M. F. Sanamyan, “Evaluation of the effect of pollen irradiation on karyotype variability in cotton plants,” Russian Journal of Genetics, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 791–798, 2003.
- R. M. Love, “Varietal differences in meiotic chromosome behaviour of Brasilian wheat,” Agronomy Journal, vol. 43, pp. 72–76, 1951.
- R. E. Clausen and D. R. Cameron, “Inheritance in Nicotiana tabacum. 18. Monosomic analysis,” Genetics, vol. 29, pp. 447–477, 1944.
- E. R. Sears, “Cytogenetic studies with polyploid species of wheat—II. Additional chromosomal aberrations in Triticum vulgare,” Genetics, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 231–246, 1944..
- E. R. Sears, “The aneuploids of common wheat,” Research Bulletin/University of Missouri, Agricultural Experiment Station, no. 572, pp. 1–58, 1954.
- J. E. Endrizzi, “Use of haploids in Gossypium barbadense L. as a source of aneuploids,” Current Science, no. 2, pp. 34–35, 1966.
- B. R. Tyagi and O. P. Dhawan, “Monosomics in Egyptian Henbane, Hyoscyamus muticus L. I. Meiotic behaviour and fertility,” Cytologia, vol. 53, pp. 757–762, 1988.
- E. G. Zhirov, K. S. Bessarab, and M. A. Gubanova, “Genetical studies of partial desynapsis in common wheat,” Genetica, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 18–29, 1973 (Russian).
- M. S. Brown and M. Y. Menzel, “The genetic basis of chromosome pairing in Gossypium,” in Proceedings of the International Congress of Genetics, vol. 9, p. 899, 1953.
- T. G. White and J. R. Endrizzi, “Tests for the association of marker loci with chromosomes in Gossypium hirsutum L. by the use of aneuploids,” Genetics, vol. 51, pp. 605–612, 1965.
- G. A. Edwards, M. S. Brown, G. A. Niles, and S. A. Naqi, “Monosomics of cotton,” Crop Science, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 527–528, 1980.
- E. L. Myles and J. E. Endrizzi, “Aneuploids induced by deficiencies of chromosome 9 and analysis of the time of nondisjunction in cotton,” Genome, vol. 32, pp. 12–18, 1989.
- M. Y. Menzel and M. S. Brown, “Genetic lengths and break points in twelve chromosomes of Gossypium hirsutum involved in ten reciprocal translocations,” Genetics, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 541–558, 1978.
- G. A. Edwards, M. S. Brown, G. A. Niles, and S. A. Naqi, “The frequency of spontaneous and other monosomes at Beasley laboratory, 1946 to 1979,” in Proceedings of the Beltwide Cotton Production Research Conference, pp. 103–106, 1980.
- J. W. Morrison and J. Unrau, “Frequency of micronuclei in pollen quartets of common wheat monosomics,” Canadian Journal of Botany, vol. 30, pp. 371–378, 1952.
- G. S. Khush, Cytogenetics of aneuploids, Academic Press, London, UK, 1973.
- D. Laskowska and A. Berbeć, “Cytology and fertility of viable hybrids of Nicotiana tabacum L. cv. TB-566 with N. alata Link et Otto,” Journal of Applied Genetics, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 11–18, 2005.
- C. R. Douglas, “Abortive pollen: a phenotypic marker of monosomics in Upland cotton, Gossypium hirsutum,” Canadian Journal of Genetics and Cytology, vol. 10, pp. 913–915, 1968.
- C. R. Douglas, “Relationship of seed weight to the cytotype of monosomic progeny in cotton,” Crop Science, vol. 12, pp. 530–531, 1972.
- M. A. Khrabrova and O. I. Maystrenko, “Monosomic genetic analysis of corn seed protein content and its weight in Diamant 2 common wheat,” Genetica, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 1425–1434, 1980 (Russian).
- M. S. Brown, “The division of univalent chromosomes in Gossypium,” American Journal of Botany, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 24–32, 1958.
- J. E. Endrizzi and R. Bray, “Cytogenetics of disomics, monotelo- and monoisodisomics and ml1st1 mutants of chromosome 4 of cotton,” Genetics, vol. 9, pp. 979–988, 1980.
- E. R. Sears, “Misdivision of univalents in common wheat,” Chromosoma, vol. 4, pp. 535–550, 1952.
- K. Wang, Z. Yang, C. Shu et al., “Higher axial-resolution and sensitivity pachytene fluorescence in situ hybridization protocol in tetraploid cotton,” Chromosome Research, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1041–1050, 2009.
- K. Wang, B. Guan, W. Guo et al., “Completely distinguishing individual A-genome chromosomes and their karyotyping analysis by multiple bacterial artificial chromosome-fluorescence in situ hybridization,” Genetics, vol. 178, no. 2, pp. 1117–1122, 2008.
- K. Wang, W. Guo, and T. Zhang, “Development of one set of chromosome-specific microsatellite-containing BACs and their physical mapping in Gossypium hirsutum L,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 115, no. 5, pp. 675–682, 2007.
- K. Wang, W. Guo, and T. Zhang, “Detection and mapping of homologous and homoeologous segments in homoeologous groups of allotetraploid cotton by BAC-FISH,” BMC Genomics, vol. 8, article 178, 2007.