- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 139083, 6 pages
Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy and Endoscopic Ultrasound for Pretreatment Pathological Diagnosis of Gastric Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors
1Digestive Disease Center, Showa University Northern Yokohama Hospital, 35-1 Chigasakichuo, Tsuzuki-ku, Yokohama 224-8503, Japan
2Central Clinical Laboratory and Department of Laboratory Medicine, Showa University Northern Yokohama Hospital, 35-1 Chigasakichuo, Tsuzuki-ku, Yokohama 224-8503, Japan
Received 7 June 2012; Accepted 20 August 2012
Academic Editor: Massimo Raimondo
Copyright © 2012 Hiroaki Ito et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Miettinen and J. Lasota, “Gastrointestinal stromal tumors: pathology and prognosis at different sites,” Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 70–83, 2006.
- H. H. Lee, H. Hur, H. Jung, H. M. Jeon, C. H. Park, and K. Y. Song, “Analysis of 151 consecutive gastric submucosal tumors according to tumor location,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 72–75, 2011.
- G. D. Demetri, M. Von Mehren, C. R. Antonescu et al., “NCCN task force report: update on the management of patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors,” Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, vol. 8, no. 2, supplement, pp. S1–S40, 2010.
- M. W. Lee, S. H. Kim, Y. J. Kim et al., “Gastrointestinal stromal tumor of the stomach: preliminary results of preoperative evaluation with CT gastrography,” Abdominal Imaging, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 255–261, 2008.
- M. Amano, T. Okuda, Y. Amano, T. Tajiri, and T. Kumazaki, “Magnetic resonance imaging of gastrointestinal stromal tumor in the abdomen and pelvis,” Clinical Imaging, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 127–131, 2006.
- M. P. Reddy, P. Reddy, and D. L. Lilien, “F-18 FDG PET imaging in gastrointestinal stromal tumor,” Clinical Nuclear Medicine, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 677–679, 2003.
- S. Asaki, A. Sato, and K. Wakui, “New device for diagnosis of gastric submucosal tumor: endoscopic direct biopsy using thorny needle,” Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 127, no. 3, pp. 257–264, 1979.
- J. Matsuoka, K. Takai, K. Kojima, M. Kenmotsu, I. Oka, and N. Tanaka, “Endoscopic submucosal tumor biopsy using Stiegmann-Goff endoscopic ligator,” Acta Medica Okayama, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 233–234, 2000.
- K. Fu, M. A. Eloubeidi, N. C. Jhala, D. Jhala, D. C. Chhieng, and I. E. A. Eltoum, “Diagnosis of gastrointestinal stromal tumor by endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy—a potential pitfall,” Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 294–301, 2002.
- K. Akahoshi, Y. Sumida, N. Matsui et al., “Preoperative diagnosis of gastrointestinal stromal tumor by endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 13, no. 14, pp. 2077–2082, 2007.
- M. R. Vander Noot III, M. A. Eloubeidi, V. K. Chen et al., “Diagnosis of gastrointestinal tract lesions by endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy,” Cancer, vol. 102, no. 3, pp. 157–163, 2004.
- C. D. M. Fletcher, J. J. Berman, C. Corless et al., “Diagnosis of gastrointestinal stromal tumors: a consensus approach,” Human Pathology, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 459–465, 2002.
- S. M. Van Der Zwan and R. P. DeMatteo, “Gastrointestinal stromal tumor: 5 years later,” Cancer, vol. 104, no. 9, pp. 1781–1788, 2005.
- P. G. Casali and J. Y. Blay, “Gastrointestinal stromal tumours: ESMO clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. v98–v102, 2010.