- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Gastroenterology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 141585, 7 pages
Prevention of Peritoneal Metastases from Colon Cancer in High-Risk Patients: Preliminary Results of Surgery plus Prophylactic HIPEC
1Dipartimento di Chirurgia Pietro Valdoni, Azienda Policlinico Umberto I, Università degli Studi di Roma “La Sapienza,” 00161 Roma, Italy
2Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Azienda Policlinico Umberto I, Università degli Studi di Roma “La Sapienza,” 00161 Roma, Italy
Received 26 January 2012; Accepted 17 February 2012
Academic Editor: Paul H. Sugarbaker
Copyright © 2012 Paolo Sammartino et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Joshua Winer, Mazen Zenati, Lekshmi Ramalingam, Heather Jones, Amer Zureikat, Matthew Holtzman, Kenneth Lee, Steven Ahrendt, James Pingpank, Herbert J. Zeh, David L. Bartlett, and Haroon A. Choudry, “Impact of Aggressive Histology and Location of Primary Tumor on the Efficacy of Surgical Therapy for Peritoneal Carcinomatosis of Colorectal Origin,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 1456–1462, 2013.
- P. Sammartino, S. Sibio, D. Biacchi, M. Cardi, P. Mingazzini, M. S. Rosati, T. Cornali, B. Sollazzo, J. Maherfouad Atta, and A. Di Giorgio, “Long-term results after proactive management for locoregional control in patients with colonic cancer at high risk of peritoneal metastases,” International Journal of Colorectal Disease, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 1081–1089, 2014.
- Vladimir G. Budker, Sean D. Monahan, and Vladimir M. Subbotin, “Loco-regional cancer drug therapy: Present approaches and rapidly reversible hydrophobization (RRH) of therapeutic agents as the future direction,” Drug Discovery Today, 2014.
- Y.R.B.M. van Gestel, I. Thomassen, V.E.P.P. Lemmens, J.F.M. Pruijt, M.P.P. van Herk-Sukel, H.J.T. Rutten, G.J. Creemers, and I.H.J.T. de Hingh, “Metachronous peritoneal carcinomatosis after curative treatment of colorectal cancer,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology (EJSO), vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 963–969, 2014.
- D.A.M. Sloothaak, T.J. Gardenbroek, J. Crezee, W.A. Bemelman, C.J.A. Punt, C.J. Buskens, and P.J. Tanis, “Feasibility of adjuvant laparoscopic hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy in a short stay setting in patients with colorectal cancer at high risk of peritoneal carcinomatosis,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology (EJSO), 2014.
- D A M Sloothaak, B Mirck, C J A Punt, W A Bemelman, J D W van der Bilt, A D’Hoore, and P J Tanis, “Intraperitoneal chemotherapy as adjuvant treatment to prevent peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal cancer origin: a systematic review,” British Journal of Cancer, 2014.
- Paul H. Sugarbaker, “Update on the prevention of local recurrence and peritoneal metastases in patients with colorectal cancer,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 28, pp. 9286–9291, 2014.
- Dario Baratti, Shigeki Kusamura, and Marcello Deraco, “Prevention and early treatment of peritoneal metastases from colorectal cancer: Second-look laparotomy or prophylactic HIPEC?,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, 2014.
- James Oyeniyi, Jumin Wu, Diane Liu, James C. Yao, Holly Green, Karen Albritton, Winston Huh, and Andrea Hayes-Jordan, “Adolescents and Young Adults (AYA) with Colon Rectal Carcinoma(CRC) Including Treatment of Carcinomatosis Using Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC),” The American Journal of Surgery, 2015.